Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 13(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
Jack Lambert Wrote:It's been fun,but it's about time to head your way.i'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about later on tonight.

Travel safe good buddy. Enjoy the game.
laker20 Wrote:Jack, there's plenty of ways that we can win this game. I've never guaranteed a victory, and I don't believe I've been arrogant......Proud, yes. I don't think RC is the best team because of any games BC has won or lost. I think so because I've seen how much good this team is in comparison to a lot of other teams in the area.....we are quite solid when we execute.

I've also stated many times that neither team can overcome many mistakes. These two teams are to close to give the opponent any cheap opportunities.

That said:

I BELIEVE, THAT WE WILL WIN!!

What teams are you comparing them to? Have you seen any Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Elder games this year? Have you seen any Highlands games in person over the last 5-6 years. I understand your excitment for your team, but curious if you have seen what a team has to play like to win a state title? Have you been to any of the 4,5,or 6 A title games? There is a big jump between a lot of the teams you are talking about and teams like Highlands, Cov Cath, JC (of 2009adn2010),Elder,St X, LaSalle. Is RC able to hang with teams like them? If you beat Boyle by 21 tonight I say yes, if not then I can't see you making a run for a championship. Best of luck and prove all us neysayers wrong.
I'll go with Boyle County 35-28. Should be a great game.
rebel55 Wrote:i go out and eat lunch and the thread explodes!

I sure know one thing there is going to be a lot of crow tonight after the game. I like our chances tonight to win and could care less what the score is.

Who ya with!

rebels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have done alot of reading,this is going to be game,no doubt about it.Getting ready to turn the radio on here in about a hour from now,and then at 8:30 I turn on the TV and watch the Cats in action vs Maryland.So I going to have my cake and eat it too.lol
22:00 to go!

Who ya with!
Paul Dean Wrote:A question for Russell County fans. Back in 1979, Russell County defeated Boyle County 19 - 6 behind the running of a big back named Popplewell. Later in the season, I think that the Lakers defeated Somerset in a close game to win the district. Back then, only the district winner advanced to the playoffs. Who did Russell County play in the playoffs and what was the result (score)?

Just got a chance to revisit this thread.

Paul, if memory serves Corbin beat Russell County 6-5 in a mud mired game.

Makes the pain even worse. :Thumbs:
zebra'seyes Wrote:Nothing like watching the bully get a black eye. RC wins!

I guess you missed that one zebra.

:lmao:
sstack Wrote:What teams are you comparing them to? Have you seen any Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Elder games this year? Have you seen any Highlands games in person over the last 5-6 years. I understand your excitment for your team, but curious if you have seen what a team has to play like to win a state title? Have you been to any of the 4,5,or 6 A title games? There is a big jump between a lot of the teams you are talking about and teams like Highlands, Cov Cath, JC (of 2009adn2010),Elder,St X, LaSalle. Is RC able to hang with teams like them? If you beat Boyle by 21 tonight I say yes, if not then I can't see you making a run for a championship. Best of luck and prove all us neysayers wrong.

I think we can lay to rest the "Best rushing team Boyle has faced." :Thumbs:
laker20 Wrote:Stout task for the Rebels to prove me wrong. Look what the speedy back from LC did to them. That was the real difference in that game.

The Rebels LOVE stout tasks!Confusednicker:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I do. This Russell Offense is pretty good. I believe that Knox Central has a better Defense then Boyle and one of the best in 4a yet Russell put up 35 in this game,the same Knox defense who held Harlan Co in 5a to 6 points. With this Russell offense and the fact that they are at home I would bet the farm that Russell can put up at least 28.

Do-double-gg Wrote:Anyone want to make a bet on this? Like maybe an avatar bet?

Missed my chance!:HitWall:
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)