Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
78.79%
Harlan
21.21%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan @ Hazard 10/5
Hey Backwoods, when are they saying the rain will move in? I hope it waits til after the games.
Hazard big!!
bear claw Wrote:Hey Backwoods, when are they saying the rain will move in? I hope it waits til after the games.

The local weather I have seen for here is saying that we will get rain after midnight Friday night. They are giving rain for Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday with cooler temps. We got rained on last Friday night so I'm hoping it stays dry this week. Hopefully it will be nice for Hazard's homecoming parade, the game and homecoming festivites and the rain won't move in until after the homecoming dance is over.
ok I concede you are right in every way, I played at lex caths field in 2008 and it's might as well have been carpet. My college roommate went to Allen highschool and played football. He corrected me that it wasn't 10 highschools but it was around five or six. They only use it as a field for home games so only 2 or 3 use it in a weekend and nobody practices on it. but I know nothing about these topics obviously.
This one will be a great game. I will have to take Harlan on this one:

Harlan - 38
Hazard - 24
Playfast Wrote:Oneida is a 2A school, and I disagree with your premise that no single A team has played a tougher oponnent. Both Beechwood and Mayfield have played a tougher oponnent. Also give credit to Hazard's schedule. I do not understand all the talk about Williamsburg in this post. Yes we are about half way to the playoffs, but there are so many factors that go into the playoffs. Which team comes in healthy? Williamsburg vs Harlan or Hazard does not happen for some time. So there is no reason to discuss it at this point.

Actually, Oneida and Oliver Springs are both single A schools. They're in Tennessee Division 1, Class A, District 4. Tennessee has two Divisions, with Division 1 having three class, A, AA, and AAA. Then Division 2 has two classes, A and AA. Most of the Division 2 schools are small private schools and academies.

Truth be told, with their Division 1 only having three classes and Kentucky having six, the Tennessee Class A schools would be comparable to a Kentucky Class A or 2A. If that Oneida team were in Kentucky, it would probably be 2A.

I agree that people should stop talking about how good Williamsburg is. As a Jacket devotee I would rather have our opponents' first impression of our team happen after the opening kickoff. Sometimes it's better to be underestimated.
Tennessee has 3 classes for regular season but has 6 classes for the playoffs. Both Oneida and Oliver Springs are 2A for the playoffs. This may be the most convoluted system I have ever seen.
bear claw Wrote:You get a RUDE, Avery Buttlock....who is your team and where do they play?...we in Harlan County are proud of what we have...we don't need some outsider telling us that our new stadium is trash...sounds like jealousy to me...just sayin.

Please find in any of my posts where I said your new stadium is "trash" and you will have my apologies. I've seen the pics of Coal Miners Memorial Stadium (cool name, btw) and it looks great! You should be proud. I was merely pointing out that it isn't the best facility in Kentucky just because it's the newest. It certainly isn't the best in the nation.

The Wolvarena in Pittsburgh and Titan Stadium in Ridgeland, Mississippi, are just two that I've been to personally that are nicer than what I've seen in the pics of CMMS.
mikehancho25 Wrote:ok I concede you are right in every way, I played at lex caths field in 2008 and it's might as well have been carpet. My college roommate went to Allen highschool and played football. He corrected me that it wasn't 10 highschools but it was around five or six. They only use it as a field for home games so only 2 or 3 use it in a weekend and nobody practices on it. but I know nothing about these topics obviously.

Sorry, still wrong. Read this article on maxpreps' website:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.asp...9f8&page=1

It includes this quote:

"Though it will be only the fifth-largest stadium in Texas, it will be the largest used by only one high school."

The facts could not possibly be any clearer.

CMMS is a great looking facility and one that Harlan Countians should be proud of. It's just not the best in the nation as you said.
Was looking at the bulldog roster and heard at the breathitt game they had a transfer from texas and was wondering if the Chris Hudson kid on the roster is him and if he is eligible yet or whats going on...
I pulling for Harlan for this one...
[quote=Avery Bullock]Actually, Oneida and Oliver Springs are both single A schools. They're in Tennessee Division 1, Class A, District 4. Tennessee has two Divisions, with Division 1 having three class, A, AA, and AAA. Then Division 2 has two classes, A and AA. Most of the Division 2 schools are small private schools and academies.

QUOTE]

Division 1 includes 1A and 2A

Oneida is 2A and so is Oliver Spring

You are incorrect sir.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:The local weather I have seen for here is saying that we will get rain after midnight Friday night. They are giving rain for Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday with cooler temps. We got rained on last Friday night so I'm hoping it stays dry this week. Hopefully it will be nice for Hazard's homecoming parade, the game and homecoming festivites and the rain won't move in until after the homecoming dance is over.

Yeah, now it looks like it's gonna hold off till after 2 am. So it will be dry conditions at game time. That's good. I hate rainy conditions on turf.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BDC Wrote:[quote=Avery Bullock]Actually, Oneida and Oliver Springs are both single A schools. They're in Tennessee Division 1, Class A, District 4. Tennessee has two Divisions, with Division 1 having three class, A, AA, and AAA. Then Division 2 has two classes, A and AA. Most of the Division 2 schools are small private schools and academies.

QUOTE]

Division 1 includes 1A and 2A

Oneida is 2A and so is Oliver Spring

You are incorrect sir.

Actually, E's Army had it completely right. He said in an earlier post, "Tennessee has 3 classes for regular season but has 6 classes for the playoffs. Both Oneida and Oliver Springs are 2A for the playoffs."

They play in Class A for the regular season and Class AA in playoffs. Check http://www.coacht.com, click on Team Standings on the left side, then select Football in the drop down menu in the middle and click Display Results, next click under "Division I, Class A, District 4" and you will see Oneida and Oliver Springs displayed.

Better yet, here's the link to the page. The black bar in the middle clearly states "Division I, Class A, District 4" and the list includes both schools.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/rankings...d=23,1,344,

So I WAS right... and wrong. It's a weird system but what do you expect from a bunch of people who selected "Rocky Top" as their state song?

(Actually "Tennessee" by Vivian Rorie is the state song, but when did you ever hear it at a UT game or any other event?)
Its funny how, for some reason, every Hazard thread turns into a discussion about williamsburg and every Harlan thread turns into a discussion about Harlan County. I like to see all of our mountain kids do well and am very proud of the schools that are fortunate enough have great facilities, be thankfuk. Good luck Hazard and Harlan
We can discuss Williamsburg /Hazard if that game comes to fruition. Hazard will have its hands full with the Dragons tonight. I believe Hazard is better but will never underestimate a team coached by JD Donahue.
bear claw Wrote:Harlan in a BIG way according to the Harlan faithful....I was told this weekend that Harlan was NOT impressed with Hazard on film and that they would win the district.

Lol.. They must not know much.. 49-13 as I post!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]