Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
78.79%
Harlan
21.21%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan @ Hazard 10/5
First game of district for each team and it should be a dandy... Who you ya got?

I like Hazard by 17.
Hazard has to much speed. Donohue is a great coach but he can't make up for the difference in skill people. Bulldogs by 14.
hazard 36 harlan 28:what:
we are watching just for fun williamsburg,were coming boys in a month dont forget us H an H :rules::closed:
Hazard by 14
Yeah, Hazard has not played anyone as good as Williamsburg in the last 7 or 8 years,, if we do meet sometime in the playoffs, the Dawgs might just forfeit, cause we have never faced anyone as good as them, hear when they warmup and the other team thinks it is Trinity with orange and black jerseys.

Really scared for our safety, pretty sure Williamsburg would have beat our early season schedule (Clintwood, Somerset, LCA, Breathitt, Prestonsburg) six or seven touchdowns.

Williamsburg has a great team, we know that, but we have played great teams for years.
If this game was at Harlan, I would predict a upset. I still think this is going to be a great game.

Hazard-36
Harlan-28
Harlan is very capable this year. Who wins? Depends on which Harlan team shows up. If Harlan can establish a ground game then it will open it up for the pass. Both running and passing will have to click to win this game. I believe if the Dragon's are to have any kind of a chance at all against Williamsburg they will have to have them come to Harlan and that means winning this game. But the same goes for Hazard. I don't think Williamsburg will let any team come into their home field and kill their chances at a state title run.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:Harlan is very capable this year. Who wins? Depends on which Harlan team shows up. If Harlan can establish a ground game then it will open it up for the pass. Both running and passing will have to click to win this game. I believe if the Dragon's are to have any kind of a chance at all against Williamsburg they will have to have them come to Harlan and that means winning this game. But the same goes for Hazard. I don't think Williamsburg will let any team come into their home field and kill their chances at a state title run.

This is good enough of a game on its own with a district championship hanging in the balance. I do not understand all the talk about Williamsburg, the second round of the playoffs are still 5 weeks away. I will go with Hazard in this one by 10.

Hazard -38
Harlan-28
64SUR Wrote:we are watching just for fun williamsburg,were coming boys in a month dont forget us H an H :rules::closed:

Yeah, and you might even score on Hazard this year.
Wait just a minute were not backing up 7 or 8 years and letting some our player play in this game when it happen that wouldn;t be fair lets play with the boys we have in 2012 :please:we are playing in 2012 right i predict hazard to win the harlan game base on how they play us .but it wouldnt surprise me if harlan win this game either.we caught harlan off there game. i really believe there better than they was that night.Confusederved: hazard an harlan who want us first:lmao::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
Hazard is the king of 1A in the mountains until someone shows otherwise. Coach Donahue is one of the finest coaches in the state. Hazard and Williamsburg both have better athletes this year but if anyone can take his and beat yours it is Coach Donahue. The Yellow Jackets have a healthy respect for both the Dragons and the Bulldogs. Hopefully we will get the chance to play both because that would mean we beat the first one to advance.
Harlan in a BIG way according to the Harlan faithful....I was told this weekend that Harlan was NOT impressed with Hazard on film and that they would win the district.
Harlan put up a good fight down there last year, but Hazard pulled away in 2nd half. This year Hazard's D is great. If Harlan turns it over a few times Dawgs will likely run the clock on the Dragons. Hazard wins this one 35-12, at least.
bear claw Wrote:Harlan in a BIG way according to the Harlan faithful....I was told this weekend that Harlan was NOT impressed with Hazard on film and that they would win the district.

I wonder how many fans of the Dragon's have had a chance to watch game films of the Hazard Bulldogs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hey genius...I didn't say it came from a FAN.
bear claw Wrote:Hey genius...I didn't say it came from a FAN.

Well genius.... You said Harlan faithful and usually people on here refer to a teams fans as thier faithful. Surely your not talking about the coaches cause they would never say that about Hazard football. I don't care if they were down or not. Clarify for us bear claw.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look I am not going to get in a back and forth with you backdoor I mean backwoods....I don't give a you know what if harlan beats Hazard or not....I am just repeating what I was told today....I am done with this conversation.
I have told you before that I am for Harlan City...I hope they win it all...I am not trying to get something started....I am just repeating what was told to me TODAY.
Hazard 28

Harlan 12
bear claw Wrote:I have told you before that I am for Harlan City...I hope they win it all...I am not trying to get something started....I am just repeating what was told to me TODAY.

I'm sure you do,BC,I'm just asking what "faithful" you are refering too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard win's big, won't be challenged until 3rd or 4th round. Williamsburg was suppose to beat hazard last year and threw up a goose egg. Guess they got that much better.
You guy's are so funny! Your team suddenly turns out to not be hardly as good as thought and told everyone they were,(GRC 0-6 and they played you that close at home 23-14),and your coach's future is hanging in the balance so you're gonna try and cause a little trouble for HHS. If you're gonna troll dude you ought take a lesson or too from Wideright or Lefty cause you aren't very good at it. I also heard that Coach Larkey was promising his coaching job to his son. Sounds kinda like when Brooks promised the job to Joker Phillips. Well,I hope you have better luck with that one than the Cat's did. Not looking too good though. Have a good one BC!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like Hazard 35-21
I watched this game last year, and unless Hazard has changed dramatically, they are just WAY to physical for Harlan to do anything with. They literally POUNDED Harlan into submission (like I'm sure they did a lot of teams) last year. I hear that Harlan showed some toughness against Leslie, but you can't compare Leslie with Hazard.....its apples and oranges.

Hazard 28
Harlan 6
Make no mistake Hazard is not the same team as they were last year. They are not as physical up front as they were due to extensive losses to graduation on both sides of the line, but and that is a big but. They have great skill kids and what at the beginning of the season was a young O and D line has improved greatly with the tough schedule they have played up to this point. Hazard is starting to round into playofff form and they are gonna be a tough out. Hazard is still too much for Harlan even though it should be closer than it has been the past couple of years.Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!!!
Hazard in a Big Way!!!
Hazards tough schedule pays off, Hazard 35-7
Hometown Bulldogs by a score of 35-12.
Hazard defense has been really good this year except for the LCA which still puzzles me... IT may of been where it was a rivalry game. If harlan is too win this game they are going to have to play flawless. cause turnovers keep pressure on whitaker all night and keep Olinger in check with a double team. Prestonsburg had a dangerous offense to defend in the passing game and there varsity only mangaed a touchdown against the hazard varsity.. ( which had 2 more chances but turned it over in the red zone).

Also for some people close to the Hazard program whats wrong with the Jones kid because i noticed he didnt play against P-burg??? Would like to check in on see what kind of injury he had..