Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 44 Ironton, OH 31
FBALL Wrote:Films don't lie. Ashland Blazer Let Lewis get into the open field and that is what got them beat. Not the officials. That is a weak excuse.

Johnson Central deserves the credit for bottling him up.

I agree with that but if you watch the video on here its understandable why he got loose, at least one time.
I watched it. I didn't think it was poorly officiated. The kitty cats got away with as many chop blocks as The Tiggers did holds.
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:wow, what an atmosphere there at johnson central. jc never really had a large crowd. but between them speakers and that lil band they sure were a lively bunch. ironton just could not stop their run.and get them off the field. johnson central is huge. they have the biggest line i've seen in a long time, and just play smasmouth football. i figured this to be a closer game. but jchs can flat out ball. we simply must tackle better, and utilize more blitzes to get running teams off the field.and they would not kick to lewis all night, they just kicked like 10 yard kickoffs, and they kept the fighting tigers bottled up laterally as well. we broke some big runs, and had a great success passing the ball, but we never really had an answer for the team that just outplayed us. we got way behind the first half. and frankly ole bait started getting that tingling feeling when we went back up 31-30. but their running game , and our inability to get them off the field, was just too much. my hats off to both programs, just two heavy weights bangin it out.

ironton gets thrown from the frying pan into the fire. after a very physical game with johnson central, and many key injuries. columbus bishop hartley comes to town friday. i hope we're quick healers. my hats off to both programs for stepping up and scheduling each other.----------and anybody that wants to make jokes about ky. high school football. add johnson cental to your schedule, those jokes would end in a heartbeat. they are extremely physical and huge, and will be a force come playoff time in AAAA.it just wasn't the fighting tiger's night.but that is what made fighting tiger football what it is today, playing these heavyweights

Actuall we did. I was kinda surprised at the turnout seeing that it had rained hard here all day.We can just seat a large number and when you look across the field it may appear that the crowd is not as big as what you think it is. I know that Ironton brought a big following , but looking across the field the visitors side looked only half full. It's a little deceptive.
actually bob seger. if it had have been dry, there would been maybe as many as 3 times more. i think the wet weather kept many away. especially more of our elderly fans. it was a great atmosphere. but on a dry night we'd have filled our side, and what was left of the home side as well.
Nice win Eagles!!! One of the best games I have watched played this year.
Congrats to Johnson Central...very impressive victory
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:actually bob seger. if it had have been dry, there would been maybe as many as 3 times more. i think the wet weather kept many away. especially more of our elderly fans. it was a great atmosphere. but on a dry night we'd have filled our side, and what was left of the home side as well.

It would have been great to see that many of you all roll in here.
Anyone know if this was a one year or two year contract game? If it is a two year, I really look forward to going to Ironton next year and seeing there home atmosphere.
Ironton's schedule for next year is:
Columbus saint charles
amanda clearcreek
wheelersburg
russell, ky
ashland,ky
raceland,ky
columbus bishop hartley
oak hill
portsmouth
johnson central

but i'm not sure in what order, and who's away and home.
But golden eagles fans will really enjoy tanks memorial stadium at ironton's bob lutz field next year. We have a covered home stadium, brand new schools, ample seating, great parking, lighting, and eats.

Ironton football
respect everyone--------fear no one
mr. slate , hope this helps.
2012 Unofficial Rankings
Latest update: 9/29/2012 8:45:06 AM EDT
Week 6 status: IN PROGRESS
Twitter: @JoeEitel
Scores: Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10
View the official OHSAA rankings (after week 4) by clicking here.

Rank W-L ID # City School Average Level 1 Level 2 L2 divisor
1 6-0 1344 St Clairsville St Clairsville 15.2000 28.5 104.5 100
2 5-1 760 Ironton Ironton 13.7667 23.5 98.5 100
3 6-0 1048 Minford Minford 10.2000 25.5 59.5 100
4 5-1 794 Johnstown Johnstown-Monroe 9.0333 21.5 54.5 100
5 5-1 968 Martins Ferry Martins Ferry 8.0167 22.0 43.5 100
6 5-1 294 Cadiz Harrison Central 7.6500 21.0 41.5 100
7 4-2 1256 Piketon Piketon 6.4000 18.0 34.0 100
8 2-4 1752 Chillicothe Zane Trace 4.6750 9.0 31.75 100
9 3-3 1568 Chillicothe Unioto 4.4167 13.0 22.5 100
10 2-4 114 Amanda Amanda-Clearcreek 4.0167 8.5 26.0 100
11 3-3 1000 Byesville Meadowbrook 3.7833 14.0 14.5 100
12 2-4 758 Gnadenhutten Indian Valley 3.6364 10.0 19.5 99
13 3-3 1150 Johnstown Northridge 3.5667 11.5 16.5 100
14 2-4 362 Chesapeake Chesapeake 3.5051 8.0 21.5 99
15 3-3 556 Proctorville Fairland 3.4667 13.0 13.0 100
16 2-4 232 Carroll Bloom-Carroll 2.7167 10.0 10.5 100
17 2-4 706 Heath Heath 2.6833 9.5 11.0 100
18 2-4 1558 Zoarville Tuscarawas Valley 2.4667 8.5 10.5 100
19 1-5 1584 Utica Utica 2.1833 5.0 13.5 100
20 1-5 1636 Waverly Waverly 2.0167 4.0 13.5 100
21 1-5 426 Coshocton Coshocton 1.6086 4.5 8.5 99
22 1-5 1268 Portsmouth Portsmouth 1.5167 4.0 8.5 100
23 2-4 1652 Wellston Wellston 1.4167 8.5 0.0 100
24 1-5 1566 Belmont Union Local 1.2500 4.5 5.0 100
25 1-5 1008 Pomeroy Meigs 1.1035 4.5 3.5 99
26 1-5 816 Bidwell River Valley 0.9333 3.5 3.5 100
27 1-5 519 Richmond Edison 0.8333 5.0 0.0 100
28 0-6 1166 McDermott Northwest 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
- 0-6 1458 South Point South Point 0.0000 0.0 0.0 99
- 0-6 1690 Zanesville West Muskingum 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
this is how our region shakes out after the loss to johnson central. we dropped to second behind unbeaten st. clairsville.

not sure how ya'lls point system works over there. but you laid the golden egg, so to speak.

not only with diehard tiger fans, who want more.
but it should catapault you in your region/division/ district-however that works in ky.
loved your all's facilities. ear's still ringing from the rock concert, but i for one loved it.and frankly wished we had some of it at tanks memorial stadium, you'll love our facility, and our awesome pregame show. i wished you all had got to see our million dollar marching band.
but there must have been 2,000 kids out there from johnson central flag football.
geeze oh pete already. where in the world, did all them kids come from. i mean i understand how it happens and all. but i'd say golden eagles football is gonna have plenty of younguns for future football.i'm out bait.
ready to watch ohio state-----michigan state later today.
over here. the top 8 teams go in each region to the playoffs. the top 4 in each region , host the initial game.
it is 1vs 8
2 vs. 7 and so on.
after that you are at the mercy of ohsaa, as to where you go------------------we are used to traveling. good luck to the golden falcons, great visiting there.
great facility
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:i've read through these posts , and i didn't get in till 1am, as i now live in waverly,ohio on lake white. we have 38 players , but quite a few injured prior to the game and more during the game. our dline especially the interior is riddled with injuries. i think there may have been like 3/4 penalties , the whole game. they let them slug it out. there are no jokes like'it's just ashland' from this poster, never has been. i seen these 2 play. johnson central and ashland. i think the tomcats are in for a long , long night. my props to johnson central they just whooped us. very excellent facility, pleasant fans. hope we get to do it again, ----------hopefully after all those neanderthal lineman graduate.that actually was a very small crowd by ironton standards, we travel way better than that. i think the rain kept many home. and hey, ya'll need to put some restrooms on the visitor's side for pete's sake. great game to watch, good luck to the golden eagles, the rest of the season.bait.

They also need to replace or fix the scoreboard!
PAINTSVILLE — Forever, Young.

Johnson Central running back Jordan Young squirted through the first string of Ironton defenders and had all day to run the rest of the way.

The junior's 57-yard touchdown put a breathtaker of a game to rest as the Golden Eagles outlasted Ironton, 45-31, at Eagle Field on Friday night.

"I'd play that game over and over again," said Young, who finished with 176 yards on 17 carries.

The game was delayed 10 minutes because of the large crowd still filtering in at 7:30 p.m., the scheduled kickoff time.

"In 31 years of coaching, I'd never seen anything like that," said Johnson Central coach Jim Matney. "To have a game delayed because they wanted to get the sold-out crowd in, wow. It was a great crowd on both sides."

Ironton (5-1) soared back from a 24-8 halftime deficit to seize a 31-30 lead by the end of the third quarter.

Johnson Central (5-1) owned the fourth and final stanza, though, thanks to a plethora of clutch plays.

After Ironton showed off its prime passing duo of quarterback Tanner Dutey and wideout Aaron Stephens, Johnson Central said, hey, we can pass too.

Zach Gound aired a deep strike to Dalton Adkins for a 58-yard score — it was the Golden Eagles' only pass attempt of the contest. He then darted in for the two-point conversion.

"I knew they weren't going to expect it," said Gound, who suffered a separated joint in his throwing shoulder in Week 3. "We haven't thrown the ball well at all the last two weeks."

"We felt like that pass might be open all night long but we hated to throw it because we were moving the ball so well on the ground," Matney said. "Every series I was tempted to throw it."

Ironton's next drive stalled when Quade Ward sacked Dutey to bring up 4th-and-16 from Johnson Central's 21-yard line.

Dutey tried to connect with the 6-foot-3 Stephens again, but he was swarmed by Golden Eagles. Josh Gound came up with a crucial break-up.

"We call that fourth down knockdown," Josh Gound said. "I played underneath him and just swatted it away."

The Golden Eagles' defense opened the door to the telling victory, as Ironton's first seven plays went for a total of one yard.

Even though Ironton's offense got going by way of the pass — Stephens amassed eight catches for 113 yards, three TDs and a two-point catch — the Fighting Tigers' running game was not as effective as usual.

Explosive runner Patrick Lewis, battling a deep thigh bruise, had just 44 yards on 12 carries. While he caught a screen pass and took it 57 yards, he didn't enjoy his weekly barrage of big-play TDs.

Matney, also Central's wrestling coach, laid out the game plan for Lewis' tacklers.

"I just told them to think of him as a wrestling opponent and do the same as you would on the mat," Matney said.

The strategy worked, as Matt Hall, Jimmy Preston and Young, all wrestlers, made tackle after tackle.

Ironton couldn't muster much stoppage in the early going.

Johnson Central jumped out to a two-TD lead with two drives consisting of 23 plays, 144 yards and more than 10 minutes of clock.

It was 16-0 by the 9:25 mark of the second quarter.

"The bottom line was we couldn't stop them all night," said Ironton coach Mark Vass. "They pounded on us and we were playing catch-up."

Catch up it did.

Stephens caught his first score while falling to the ground after inadvertent contact with the cornerback.

Young, though, responded with a 10-yard TD run, his first score of the game.

The third quarter belonged to Dutey and Stephens. They had TD hookups of 39 and 17 yards in the period. Fullback Trevor White also went in from one yard out.

"I was proud of the way our kids did come back. We hung in and had a chance to win the game," Vass said. "(Stephens) had a good game. I thought we had a size difference and he was doing well on the fade."

Josh Dillon accounted for the Golden Eagles' lone score in the third.

In what turned into a old fashioned shootout, it looked as if Ironton might respond with another score after the Golden Eagles took a 38-31 lead on the Adkins' TD reception.

However, 12 offensive plays came up 21 yards short of the end zone as a turnover on downs resulted from the Josh Gound break-up.

Johnson Central churned out 404 yards of total offense. Daymion Belcher tallied 94 rushing yards and Josh Dillon 55.

Young led the way, though, as he scored twice to go along with the big yardage.

"My line blocked their butts off for me," he said. "I couldn't have done it without them, and I just tried to keep my feet going."

Dutey led Ironton with 240 total yards.http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/...t-Panthers
They staked the line in the second half to stop Belcher and then dillion and young stepped up!! Good job guys!!! Belcher ways killing them the first half. Spike said belcher had 86 yards at the half!!
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:This JC team is extremely better then they were in the early season. They are beginning to mature and will be a tough out as usual when it matters. Sure wish we could get a rematch with Knox not that our young team is a bit more experienced and mature.

If you have followed the JC program the last several years, this is the way they have been. They start out with some early season loses and are ready to play their best come playoff time. I still think they are the team from that district until someone proves they can beat them in the playoffs.
This game would have had a record crowd if it was on Apple Day friday night (next Friday).

I'd rather see JC loose every non-district regular season game and play tough teams than have a 10-0, 9-1 regular season record and play an easier schedule. This game was great for JC. Having to defend a stout passing attack, come back in the 2nd half to win and deal with a very hostile visiting crowd.
Last night was also great for the whole JC community....

All the County elementary schools football teams were introduced at halftime, the JC cheerleaders wore the cheerleading uniform top from the elementary school they attended.

But to me, whats even better than that.... most people use the JC home games as "mini-getaways" for their family. Times are tough, they use the JC football games as an 'escape', even for just a few hours. I know this to be true because I have family/neighbors/friends that do this. And when a team like Ironton rolls in, people will come out to watch. And for both teams to play a tight/great game like they did will only make more people wanna come out and watch JC football.
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:Ironton's schedule for next year is:
Columbus saint charles
amanda clearcreek
wheelersburg
russell, ky
ashland,ky
raceland,ky
columbus bishop hartley
oak hill
portsmouth
johnson central

but i'm not sure in what order, and who's away and home.
But golden eagles fans will really enjoy tanks memorial stadium at ironton's bob lutz field next year. We have a covered home stadium, brand new schools, ample seating, great parking, lighting, and eats.

Ironton football
respect everyone--------fear no one
Yeah the tank is special especially in games like the Ashland game where it is standing room only
sstack Wrote:If you have followed the JC program the last several years, this is the way they have been. They start out with some early season loses and are ready to play their best come playoff time. I still think they are the team from that district until someone proves they can beat them in the playoffs.
We will have something to say about that before the playoffs start
im apville tiger fan i just wanted to say great win jc and coach looks to me like another district title this year great d great game plan
Man when Ashland and Johnson Central go at it I'm going to that game.
Yeah, think I might too. I think it'll be one of the better games in the JC-Ashland series.
Always_A_Lion Wrote:Yeah, think I might too. I think it'll be one of the better games in the JC-Ashland series.

I agree it's gonna be a war.
What a game! Young stepped up big time, when his number was called!

CONGRATS EAGLES !!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
i'd love to see the ashland/johnson central game myself.is there a link for ky ranks similiar to ours here in ohio . we have http://www.joeeitel.com here.
Congrats JC!!! Great win. I must admit I didn't see this win coming.
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:i'd love to see the ashland/johnson central game myself.is there a link for ky ranks similiar to ours here in ohio . we have http://www.joeeitel.com here.

Just go to the Louisville courier journal. The ap rankings get published there weekly. Also someone will usually post them on here. I also believe the Cantrell an litkenhouse ratings rank all teams regardless of class
Love seeing a Kentucky team, especially one from the mountain region, win against a top tear area team like Ironton. Raceland has scheduled them for the next two years as most of us all know now. That gives our region the ability to play them 4 times with Ashland, Raceland, Russell, and Johnson Central. Raceland also picked up Coal Grove. Would love to see more teams from the area play "up". It would make for much more interesting football friday nights.