Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 44 Ironton, OH 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Congrats Johnson Central, I like my Crow well done.
WOW! Congratulations, Johnson Central!
This score was a shock until I remembered that this was Ironton's first trip to Johnson County. I'll need a few statistics before reaching an opinion one way or the other.
I'd like to see the stats too, but by all accounts JC shut down Ironton's running game.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:This score was a shock until I remembered that this was Ironton's first trip to Johnson County. I'll need a few statistics before reaching an opinion one way or the other.

I know the score was fairly close, but it doesn't even begin to tell the story of the absolute domination of JC. Ironton had 47 yards of offense in the 1st half. Ironton killed the JC's short secondary on 4th and long hail Mary passes to the very tall Ironton receivers in the second half. Sounds stupid to say that JC totally dominated with Ironton scoring 31 points, but that is in reality what happened.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I'd like to see the stats too, but by all accounts JC shut down Ironton's running game.

If that is the case, I congratulate Johnson Central.
The running back they had I think finished with around 50 yards running. The big tight end was awesome for Ironton had 3 receiving touchdowns and about 110 yards receiving. There were 3 penalties for both teams. Great game to watch, I think JC was the more physical team.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I'd like to see the stats too, but by all accounts JC shut down Ironton's running game.

Lewis had had 42 yards on 10 carries. Whomever said that he is physical is nuts, and whomever said that he can even be mentioned in the same breath as JJ Jude is on drugs. He is a wide receiver playing in the RB position.
Good job representing KY by Johnsons.
:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:This score was a shock until I remembered that this was Ironton's first trip to Johnson County. I'll need a few statistics before reaching an opinion one way or the other.
:please: :what:
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:The running back they had I think finished with around 50 yards running. The big tight end was awesome for Ironton had 3 receiving touchdowns and about 110 yards receiving. There were 3 penalties for both teams. Great game to watch, I think JC was the more physical team.

According to Spike, 42 on 10 carries.
Bob Seger Wrote:Lewis had had 42 yards on 10 carries. Whomever said that he is physical is nuts, and whomever said that he can even be mentioned in the same breath as JJ Jude is on drugs. He is a wide receiver playing in the RB position.

How many times did he limp to the sideline?
JC has to move WAY up the Mountain Top 10. Looks like JC's early results might have been a result of some young guys moving into critical roles, more than lack of ability.
Great game eagles, I guess it is always nice to beat a tiger.
Eagle Eye Wrote:How many times did he limp to the sideline?

Looked to me like he wanted no part of contact. If FBALL, tomcat 72000000, and NotSoBADCAT think that Lewis is a running back, they need to see Canady from Knox. It's not even close.
Bob Seger Wrote:Looked to me like he wanted no part of contact. If FBALL, tomcat 72000000, and NotSoBADCAT think that Lewis is a running back, they need to see Canady from Knox. It's not even close.

I agree he is fast but I don't think he looks for the contact like the Canady did! Not even close in my eyes
Eagle Eye Wrote:I agree he is fast but I don't think he looks for the contact like the Canady did! Not even close in my eyes

As I mentioned, to me, he is more suited for the wide receiver position.
I agree 100 percent Bob, Canady much like Jude from last year is a whole new type of animal! Tonight's running back wanted no part of being hit.
Eagles proved that they are for real. Ironton had all they wanted from the eagle claws. They will definitely know they were in a game in the morning. Lewis may be a good player, but not tonight. The Eagles had the last say. Proud to be an Eagle Fan!:Cheerlead
The running back for Ironton i believe was just built up by Ashland. I believe Ashland didnt have the speed to catch him. #22 got a good smack and he was heading to the bus the 2 quarter. He doesnt even come close to JJ Jude who ever was comparing the two players. Hey you have to have an excuse for losing to a #1 ranked Ohio team?
There is NO WAY anybody can tell me Lewis is more physical than JJ Jude.

Lewis got hit a few times... limped to the sidelines. Came back in, got hit a few more times.... limped to the sidelines. And walked with a limp in between plays when he was in.
JC shut Ironton's run game down. No other way to say it.

Ironton did pass the ball on JC. There big TE... #88 caught some nice passes.

JC had more depth than Ironton and it started showing in the 4th.
Went to the Ironton-Ashland game and then watched the replay several times and felt that Ironton was nowhere near the team that some people were building them up to be, maybe they were just trying to make themselves feel better about their own team. But in all fairness to Ashland, Ironton was missing a few key players in the Johnson Central game, those in the black and white.

I felt like Johnson Central would win this game and they did just like I predicted.
Ironton had some great athletes but JC was just too physical for them. The little running back for Ironton had great speed but he didn't seem to like contact. JC won this game by simply out hitting Ironton. First game I have got to watch JC in person and this years JC team is a powerful bunch. Plus this year you can't key on just one RB any RB in JCs backfield can carry the ball for big gains. This passing game looked sharp too.
I agree with honestjchsfan.... Ironton didn't like contact.
64cat Wrote:Went to the Ironton-Ashland game and then watched the replay several times and felt that Ironton was nowhere near the team that some people were building them up to be, maybe they were just trying to make themselves feel better about their own team. But in all fairness to Ashland, Ironton was missing a few key players in the Johnson Central game, those in the black and white.

I felt like Johnson Central would win this game and they did just like I predicted.

Like I said everyone has a excuse thats why we play the game. Maybe if we ever lose at Ironton we can can blame the black and white players.
This JC team is extremely better then they were in the early season. They are beginning to mature and will be a tough out as usual when it matters. Sure wish we could get a rematch with Knox not that our young team is a bit more experienced and mature.
I was impressed with Ironton's Million Dollar Band... their majorettes, cheerleaders and dance squad. They had a great fan base to travel with them. But their fans are very rude/disrespectful.
Bob Seger Wrote:Looked to me like he wanted no part of contact. If FBALL, tomcat 72000000, and NotSoBADCAT think that Lewis is a running back, they need to see Canady from Knox. It's not even close.

I think he's a sprinter. I said he wasn't as physical as Jude. JC must have done a great job of not letting him get into open space.

Congratulations Golden Eagles.
Pages: 1 2 3