Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Co @ Russell Co 9/28
Amped 88 Wrote:Russell Co wins this one easy. 42-7

I disagree, Rock will come ready to play as always
I believe Rock is a better team than there record , I hope they come out ready Friday
Willie Turnover Wrote:Have they underachieved or over scheduled. They have played some really good teams.

This is the same schedule as last year that several online guru's crowed was soft when Rockcastle was 7-0 at one point. As I've said on here before, I have respect for all of the teams they play. It isn't a win till the game is completed and you don't overlook anyone. I think that Rockcastle should be at the very least 3-3 right now, could have possibly been 4-2 or maybe with some luck 5-1 with the talent they have right now. They are currently 2-4 and I'm not taking anything away from the teams that beat them. The four losses were straight up. I hope they can get their stuff together going into district play. They have a rough row to hoe from here on out.
In short, I think they have underachieved.
HonestJohn Wrote:I hope you are right, Rock is one of my favorite teams but Frankfort is not Russell Co. I hate it Rock is down this year, as I would love for them to give Knox Central and Russell County some great competition. However, I just don't see it happening. When you let PCC hang 40 on you at home, you better look out at Russell County, especially after handing them their only reg season loss last year. They just can't get it together, and that is not good when you have the caliber of teams left to play that ROCK has. Gonna be a long 2nd half to the season for ROCK, and I guarantee you noone hates that worse than I do. If they don't get beat Friday by 50+ I will be surprised.
You keep mentioning Frankfort like we are chopped liver. If you feel so good about yourself call our A.D. and get yourself an easy win. Just like Sheldon Clark, Middlesboro, and Rockcastle Co. did they are a combined 2-4 against us the last three years. I know you'll talk alot of garbage until the final horn. COME GET YOU SOME!
So papa you think with proper play calling more fitted to suit the team then Rock could get it together? I know from what I saw of them last year that they should not be under achieving like they seem to be.
I'm not gonna comment on what I think will happen in the game, but I will say that I am looking forward to seeing the football facility at Russell County. For those Lakers fans on here, is it still a combo baseball/football stadium? I've only been to Russell County twice...once for a summer baseball game and once for an academic team meet back in the day when I was in high school.
2- Days...........and the real season begins. I hope Rock can pull things together on Friday. During last years game their D-line won up front all night long and spent most of the 1st half in the Laker backfield. They made it awfully hard for Britt to get the first step much less the edge. They were loading the box and the Lakers were unable to take advantage of the passing opportunity. I'm curious if they can do the same this year, and how the Lakers respond. Hoping for a great game Friday.
^youre right, real season begins in district!!!!.....been six yrs since my senior yr and Im telling you, after a nailbitting loss @ Lincoln Co. 18-21 in week #4, fire totally came to 14 mentality minds and rolled an 8-0 record in the district including 2 in the playoffs! District time is a very exciting time for Ky HS football in the mountains.
West 80 Wrote:I disagree, Rock will come ready to play as always
thats the average Bell Co. fan on here knocking ROCK to the socks w/ score predictions .....lol, BUT HEY!!!!....look @ their district compared to ours???
The schedule isnt that bad, there are some winnable games there.

2 toughest teams are russell co and knox.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:So papa you think with proper play calling more fitted to suit the team then Rock could get it together? I know from what I saw of them last year that they should not be under achieving like they seem to be.

Like I said in my earlier response, I'm not putting down the play calling, coaches, players...etc on here. There is no ONE single thing that can be blamed for the four losses. MY personal opinion is Rockcastle would benefit more from quick play action passing off of ball fakes rather than drop back passing. It would keep the QB from getting punished as much...would mix up the defenses enough that it would keep the backers and secondary more honest and Rockcastle DOES have some good recievers this year that are capable of catching the quick passes. Mix that with usually dive/power/trap of Rockcastle and I think they could do a little better.
The players have got to quit deflating when down two or more touchdowns. When you have your back to the wall, you have to come out wanting to blow someone up. You have to get mad that you are behind on the scoreboard and go out when you can on the field wanting to contribute and desiring to not lose. You have to HATE losing more than LOVE winning. When the game is over, (my son is now well aware of this) it doesn't do any good to be mad then, whether at yourself or your teamates. If you put everything into the game that you possibly could, there is nothing to hang your head about when you lose. If a player is half-assing around, arm tackling, standing up and not getting off the ball, they SHOULD be mad at themselves then.
This team has the possibility to be really good...or really bad. The played Pulaski a good 1st half and bad second half. They played Frankfort a bad first half and a good second half. The potential is there, the consistent execution is not. None of the losses were not winnable for this team thus the comment about underachieving. Whitley was probably the best team of the four that Rockcastle has lost to this season in my personal opinion and that game wasn't unwinnable.
Russell by 28
whitepantherking Wrote:You keep mentioning Frankfort like we are chopped liver. If you feel so good about yourself call our A.D. and get yourself an easy win. Just like Sheldon Clark, Middlesboro, and Rockcastle Co. did they are a combined 2-4 against us the last three years. I know you'll talk alot of garbage until the final horn. COME GET YOU SOME!

I would give almost anything if Rock would beat Russell Co or Knox Central this year. It would be as big as the Ky win over Tenn last season. Rock has alot of talent they just have trouble getting it all together at the same time.

As far as the above comment. What is wrong with people. I was responding to a comment about Frankfort by a poster and I sure wasn't talking to you. Furthermore, I think Frankfort is maybe the best team in 1A this year. I hate it when people take what you say and try to put a twist on it and then use it to get all bent out of shape. Look back at my posts on Frankfort, I have said nothing bad about them. Unlike you, Frankfort is OK in my book.

P.S. you might want to watch Russell Co play sometime this season, then you will see what I meant.
West 80 Wrote:Not sure.
Grant Co isnt very good

Pulaski is very young
Whitley is young
Perry Cent lost most of team from last year

rock won those games last year, plus they beat russell co

It isnt like they havent beat these teams before, so i dont think it is over scheduling.

Grant County was a win, so no debate there. I witness the Whitley County game, they are legit. I cannot comment on Perry Central because I didn't see it.

Rock should be beating some of these teams, I agree, however, if Rock played their best game, they would not have beat Whitley County.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
whitepantherking Wrote:You keep mentioning Frankfort like we are chopped liver. If you feel so good about yourself call our A.D. and get yourself an easy win. Just like Sheldon Clark, Middlesboro, and Rockcastle Co. did they are a combined 2-4 against us the last three years. I know you'll talk alot of garbage until the final horn. COME GET YOU SOME!

easy there frankfort is a very good team this year and imo could beat alot of the mountain teams this year and rock did not want to play frankfort for easy win they wanted to play team with speed for a challange and lets not forget we drilled you last year,just saying so dont get to cocky
papagrit Wrote:Like I said in my earlier response, I'm not putting down the play calling, coaches, players...etc on here. There is no ONE single thing that can be blamed for the four losses. MY personal opinion is Rockcastle would benefit more from quick play action passing off of ball fakes rather than drop back passing. It would keep the QB from getting punished as much...would mix up the defenses enough that it would keep the backers and secondary more honest and Rockcastle DOES have some good recievers this year that are capable of catching the quick passes. Mix that with usually dive/power/trap of Rockcastle and I think they could do a little better.
The players have got to quit deflating when down two or more touchdowns. When you have your back to the wall, you have to come out wanting to blow someone up. You have to get mad that you are behind on the scoreboard and go out when you can on the field wanting to contribute and desiring to not lose. You have to HATE losing more than LOVE winning. When the game is over, (my son is now well aware of this) it doesn't do any good to be mad then, whether at yourself or your teamates. If you put everything into the game that you possibly could, there is nothing to hang your head about when you lose. If a player is half-assing around, arm tackling, standing up and not getting off the ball, they SHOULD be mad at themselves then.
This team has the possibility to be really good...or really bad. The played Pulaski a good 1st half and bad second half. They played Frankfort a bad first half and a good second half. The potential is there, the consistent execution is not. None of the losses were not winnable for this team thus the comment about underachieving. Whitley was probably the best team of the four that Rockcastle has lost to this season in my personal opinion and that game wasn't unwinnable.

I agree with everything you said except that Whitley County was winnable. WC had the better defense AND the better offense. They should not have spanked the Rockets like they did, but they are the better team Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have never understood the Frankfort cockiness this season. Yeah, you beat a bad Rockets team this season, woo hoo, so have 4 other teams. However, when Rock was rolling, they SMOKED Frankfort. Over the last two seasons, the series is tied. Frankfort won this season, so some bragging is allowed, however neither team has ultimate bragging rights because the recent series is tied.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
West 80 Wrote:Not sure.
Grant Co isnt very good

Pulaski is very young
Whitley is young
Perry Cent lost most of team from last year

rock won those games last year, plus they beat russell co

It isnt like they havent beat these teams before, so i dont think it is over scheduling.

rockcastle is a young team also i will say this again 11 starters gone from last years team,rocks defense has a lot of first year starters and it takes time to learn and run saylors defensive system and the offensive strugles are both play calling and players needing to play there spots better imo.
Russell Co. wins big
Game Day. not going to be able to make this one. LWC if you here any updates text me. going to be out of town again
What time is the game, anyone tailgating
West 80 Wrote:What time is the game, anyone tailgating

7pm cst. Come on over early cause we expecting a large crowd.
Amped 88 Wrote:Russell Co wins this one easy. 42-7

lets be truthful here.....ROCK's combined opponent record is 37-19, w/ 1 losing team and a .500 team, ROCK's old rival Bell Co.'s combined opponent record is 30-24 w/ 4 losing teams. These our out of 10 opponents of Rock and Bell's schedule. PLUS, ROCK has 2 undefeated teams on schedule as well, the rest are winning teams besides Estill.
Russel with a running clock
RockSolid69, I wont be there either. Even if I COULD make it, I wouldn't be there Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Russell,Co 58 Rockcastle 18. BLOWOUT!!!! The Rock has cracked, they lost their coach in Larkey to Harlan,Cent their done......
Almost game time. Gonna be wet & muddy, which should limit some of the Later speed. I'm sure the Rockets have been told this is a brand new season, and an opportunity time make a statement. I expect they'll come out ready to go. Looking forward to a good game. Hope everyone makes it home safely. Now
LET'S GET IT ON!
ballboy Wrote:Russell,Co 58 Rockcastle 18. BLOWOUT!!!! The Rock has cracked, they lost their coach in Larkey to Harlan,Cent their done..:dontthink....
wait a sec....didnt ROCK have successful season in 2008 & 2011 including a district championship???