Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Co @ Russell Co 9/28
District play starts off with what many expected to be the game that would determine this years district champion. The Lakers (6-0) returned most of it's players from last years team who lost on a 2-Pt conversion in OT at Rock last year.....Great game and great call. But the Rockets (2-4) have been less than impressive so far this year, and now most would say the district will be decided in Barbourville on 10/19.

Nonetheless, at this point in the season both teams are 0-0.

Who wins this district opener?
Russell Big

Russell County 54
Rockcastle County 14
I say blowout. I was at the Frankfort game and Rock does not handle speed well, and Russell Co has nothing but speed. I think the Rock offense can only get better, I don't see how they could get any worse. I don't see Rock scoring much if any against the speed on defense. They just can't seem to finish a drive without shooting theirself in the foot. Rock scores late on the subs.

Russell Co 63
Rockcastle Co 7
Rock will surprise and make a good game of it, rock has a lot of speed too
honestjohn you are right we dont handle speed well but we did put 29 points on that fast team that just blasted a good LCA team,if are backs are healthy we can run on russell just not sure if we can stop them.we have lost to some good teams so far,and this game may get ugly for us too but dont count this boys out yet.
This one is not going to be much of a game Russell has just too much speed for rock but if rock can make this a physical game rock could make a game of it but if not Russell runs away with it in a blow out
Lakers win big in this one.
bitting my tongue on this one....lol
Us Rocket fans has been doing a lot of tongue biting , but we all know the elephant in the room is
Russell County by 28
Another tough loss for the Rock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rock struggles to score. Russell County by 3 scores.
Russell by 20
What is papagrit thought on the game and season, i miss reading his comments even though he doesnt miss mine.
Russell County in a blowout
Russell Co. by 3 TDs
Sadly, a blowout. Sad However, it will not be a 50-0 60-10 kind of game.

I predict Lakers 45-Rock 18.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blackshirt D Wrote:honestjohn you are right we dont handle speed well but we did put 29 points on that fast team that just blasted a good LCA team,if are backs are healthy we can run on russell just not sure if we can stop them.we have lost to some good teams so far,and this game may get ugly for us too but dont count this boys out yet.

I hope you are right, Rock is one of my favorite teams but Frankfort is not Russell Co. I hate it Rock is down this year, as I would love for them to give Knox Central and Russell County some great competition. However, I just don't see it happening. When you let PCC hang 40 on you at home, you better look out at Russell County, especially after handing them their only reg season loss last year. They just can't get it together, and that is not good when you have the caliber of teams left to play that ROCK has. Gonna be a long 2nd half to the season for ROCK, and I guarantee you noone hates that worse than I do. If they don't get beat Friday by 50+ I will be surprised.
Hey papagrit let's hear your comment like west 80 said , can we turn this season around??
Last year we were undefeated when we we went to Rockcastle County. That loss was a really tough one for our boys! I imagine that many of the Lakers have had this game marked down on the calendar all year! Rocastle's record and struggles with common opponents won't matter. The Laker's will want this one bad and will be ready to play.

How is Rocastle's secondary? The Laker's passing game is getting better game by game. You can't just focus on stopping Nick any more, we are getting much more balanced.
we are not very good at stoping the pass if the defensive front does not get in the backfeild,this game could get ugly for rock but i still hope we can keep it a closer game than most expect russell is not the most physical team that we have or will play so i think we can move the ball on them but if they come out and have big plays early and get us in a hole we are in trouble.imo knox is the best team is district
Start the clock!!! Lakers by 50:insane:
Russell 35- Rock 6 be hard for rock to move the ball on Russell co. Offence is really struggling for rock
blackshirt D Wrote:we are not very good at stoping the pass if the defensive front does not get in the backfeild,this game could get ugly for rock but i still hope we can keep it a closer game than most expect russell is not the most physical team that we have or will play so i think we can move the ball on them but if they come out and have big plays early and get us in a hole we are in trouble.imo knox is the best team is district

I think you'll be surprised at how physical this years Laker team is. Not saying we are the most physical team around, but this isn't last years Lakers. On defense we've struggle more with speed than power. If Rock does get into the backfield it will likely play into the Laker offensive scheme, we're have developed a much more reliable screen pass game, and have been good at getting the ball around past aggressive rushes. I'd really be surprised if the Lakers don't put 48-50 on the board.
rustyankle Wrote:Hey papagrit let's hear your comment like west 80 said , can we turn this season around??
Like a poster on here says pretty regularly....
"Ah boys......."
I have West80 on ignore and don't know what he says unless someone quotes him.....it's a wonderful feature on here.
I'm not going to put the kids or the coaches down on here. I would never say anything on here I wouldn't say to someone's face. I think there is potential there to turn things around. I have respect for the coaches and care a lot for most of the football playing kids at Rockcastle. The coaches have been good to my kids and most of them I consider friends. I'm not going to just turn on them now.
This season has been so dissapointing that I can't put a finger on just one thing wrong with this team. Sadly, they have underachieved, as I feared at the start of the season. The coaching is in part to blame. The underachieving kids are in part to blame. They show potential sometimes that is incredible, like some of the passes that have been completed are very impressive. Some people want Rock to pass more. I don't think that is the complete solution. There needs to be a mix and the passing needs to include more fake handoff play action passing in my opinion to loosen up the box. We mostly drop back for passing. It's just so obvious the plays are going to be passes or runs that I think a mix of short/quick passing and the usual three yards and a cloud of dust would be a little better. But listen to me, I'm just another sideline coach here online. All I can do is try to keep one particular kid's head in the game. I know that he is SICK of losing and hates to lose with a passion. When he doesn't play up to MY expectations, I explain to him what he needs to be doing. When he plays well, I pat him on the back and let him know it. That is about all of the commenting I'm going to make on here about the problems. In a nutshell.....
Our kids and coaches have the potential to be a pretty good team if we get a little more creative with the play calling and the kids decide that they HATE to lose.
papagrit Wrote:Like a poster on here says pretty regularly....
"Ah boys......."
I have West80 on ignore and don't know what he says unless someone quotes him.....it's a wonderful feature on here.
I'm not going to put the kids or the coaches down on here. I would never say anything on here I wouldn't say to someone's face. I think there is potential there to turn things around. I have respect for the coaches and care a lot for most of the football playing kids at Rockcastle. The coaches have been good to my kids and most of them I consider friends. I'm not going to just turn on them now.
This season has been so dissapointing that I can't put a finger on just one thing wrong with this team. Sadly, they have underachieved, as I feared at the start of the season. The coaching is in part to blame. The underachieving kids are in part to blame. They show potential sometimes that is incredible, like some of the passes that have been completed are very impressive. Some people want Rock to pass more. I don't think that is the complete solution. There needs to be a mix and the passing needs to include more fake handoff play action passing in my opinion to loosen up the box. We mostly drop back for passing. It's just so obvious the plays are going to be passes or runs that I think a mix of short/quick passing and the usual three yards and a cloud of dust would be a little better. But listen to me, I'm just another sideline coach here online. All I can do is try to keep one particular kid's head in the game. I know that he is SICK of losing and hates to lose with a passion. When he doesn't play up to MY expectations, I explain to him what he needs to be doing. When he plays well, I pat him on the back and let him know it. That is about all of the commenting I'm going to make on here about the problems. In a nutshell.....
Our kids and coaches have the potential to be a pretty good team if we get a little more creative with the play calling and the kids decide that they HATE to lose.

Have they underachieved or over scheduled. They have played some really good teams.
this is one of ROCK's down years....from 1986-2008, you didnt expect that as a ROCK fan on a average. BUT honestly certain objectives have to be looked @. 3 out of the past 4 teams were young including this team. (2009,2010,2012).....it all depends on the overall experience and how many of them got PT on friday nights from the previous 2 years which were mostly upper classmen domination. The coaching staff is doing their job. Like I said in a previous post, its friction burn into the mentality w/ the team overall. This team is not like past teams generally speaking, and thats based on overall statistics...in the past 6 games, we gave up over 650-700 yards on the ground and @ least 1,000 in the air I believe....Ill recheck that source BUT those two stats alone show something aint being done right....NOW exceptions are injuries, academic violations, etc. w/ new guys getting the showtime. As far as Im hearing, no injuries, nothing....so????....the best answers given...friction burn, mindset not disciplined of those players....thats my educated guess.
*well the rushing yards allowed I was off a bit, over 800 yards in
s the correct number....but, not taking any of the HS football players down @ all, Im just giving my blunt strong analysis why the the results are the results. The coaches are doing their jobs....theres still time to get stuff together before November IF we make it....these next 2 games are gonna be slobber knocker losses if the traditional persistent team from past yrs dont kick in. We can make these 2 games tough ONLY if they get that mentality mindset of hating to lose in play.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Have they underachieved or over scheduled. They have played some really good teams.

Not sure.
Grant Co isnt very good

Pulaski is very young
Whitley is young
Perry Cent lost most of team from last year

rock won those games last year, plus they beat russell co

It isnt like they havent beat these teams before, so i dont think it is over scheduling.
Russell Co wins this one easy. 42-7