Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Ironton,OH 9/14
Ashland.
Ashland by 14.Good luck Tomcats.
Despite the 14 penalties (4 holding on two TDs, 6 OS, 1 block in the back, 1 illegal motion, and 2 personal fouls) ; ) Ashland should pull out the win. Ashland 27 Ironton 15.
If Ashland wins, with their schedule, they should be undefeated until they meet up with CovCath.
Harry, you may be right. I would say that the odds are in favor of Ashland victories against Rowan, Greenup, and Boyd. Johnson Central and Belfry will be hard fought games though. Both have talent and excellent coaching.

Ironton will be a good test. Their O-line goes 300, 300, 190 240 320. They also have good speed. If Ashland can contain their speed back, #22, then that will be a significant achievement. 22 also returns kicks for Ironton. Need to see how Johnson (my son) does in the interim while the starting center, Walters, recovers from his broken fibula. Walters is an excellent leader and will be sorely missed during his recovery. Hoping for a quick return for him. He makes the team better. Johnson and the QB, Elam, have worked together in past years. The transition to the new center shouldn't be frought with too many errors. They are working hard. Ironton is very athletic on the defensive line and has some good inside backers. Need to get the offense churning out yards.
Tomcats by 10
dflpackage Wrote:Harry, you may be right. I would say that the odds are in favor of Ashland victories against Rowan, Greenup, and Boyd. Johnson Central and Belfry will be hard fought games though. Both have talent and excellent coaching.

Ironton will be a good test. Their O-line goes 300, 300, 190 240 320. They also have good speed. If Ashland can contain their speed back, #22, then that will be a significant achievement. 22 also returns kicks for Ironton. Need to see how Johnson (my son) does in the interim while the starting center, Walters, recovers from his broken fibula. Walters is an excellent leader and will be sorely missed during his recovery. Hoping for a quick return for him. He makes the team better. Johnson and the QB, Elam, have worked together in past years. The transition to the new center shouldn't be frought with too many errors. They are working hard. Ironton is very athletic on the defensive line and has some good inside backers. Need to get the offense churning out yards.

Since Johnson is your son. Tell him we noticed the great job he did stepping in for one of the team leaders and not missing a beat. Very hard for a kid to do to go in after a friend and teammate gets hurt. But he was prepared to play the position If needed and hopefully the others who do not start are doing This as well. Great job young man.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If Ashland wins, with their schedule, they should be undefeated until they meet up with CovCath.

I think your 100 percent correct. We play only really 2 more challenging games belfry and JC. We get belfry at home and the pirates have never won a game in Putnam. So we should win that one I believe. JC seems to be a beatable football team as well losing to knox and letting Perry hang around. So I believe if the tomcats are gonna be beaten before either Cov Cath or FTH this would be the game.

That being said

Tomcats 35

Tiggers 21
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think your 100 percent correct. We play only really 2 more challenging games belfry and JC. We get belfry at home and the pirates have never won a game in Putnam. So we should win that one I believe. JC seems to be a beatable football team as well losing to knox and letting Perry hang around. So I believe if the tomcats are gonna be beaten before either Cov Cath or FTH this would be the game.

That being said

Tomcats 35

Tiggers 21

Since we were all on the subject of home cooking and what not, I think the bolded above says a lot Big Grin

For the record, as questionable as the officiating has been at most games at Putnam, Ironton takes it to a whole new level.

I have seen officials call for a measurement on what appears to be an obvious First Down only to see the chains stretch and be over a yard short. I have seen a linemen literally tackle a Belfry defender about to make a sack completely from his backside, within 3 feet of an official who let's the play go. I have seen the a QB get his entire upper torso across the goalline on the game winning 2 Point conversion, only for the defenders to tackle him (where the ball was still across the line mind you) and it be ruled no good. The Fighting Tigers have made questionable officiating an art form over the years.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Since we were all on the subject of home cooking and what not, I think the bolded above says a lot Big Grin

For the record, as questionable as the officiating has been at most games at Putnam, Ironton takes it to a whole new level.

I have seen officials call for a measurement on what appears to be an obvious First Down only to see the chains stretch and be over a yard short. I have seen a linemen literally tackle a Belfry defender about to make a sack completely from his backside, within 3 feet of an official who let's the play go. I have seen the a QB get his entire upper torso across the goalline on the game winning 2 Point conversion, only for the defenders to tackle him (where the ball was still across the line mind you) and it be ruled no good. The Fighting Tigers have made questionable officiating an art form over the years.

Now I like you pirate guys and all. But I remember a certain set of controversial officials last season. On a certain obvious first down lol. But Atleast we can agree when it comes to home cooking both teams strive for the greatness of the Ironton Fighting Tigers.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Now I like you pirate guys and all. But I remember a certain set of controversial officials last season. On a certain obvious first down lol. But Atleast we can agree when it comes to home cooking both teams strive for the greatness of the Ironton Fighting Tigers.

Indeed... Ironton's home cooking is so prolific Paula Dean is naming her next meatloaf recipe after it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Indeed... Ironton's home cooking is so prolific Paula Dean is naming her next meatloaf recipe after it.

I will steal this and share it with my friends I go to games with. They will love it.
Ironton
I wish the Tomcats the best of luck and hope they bring the w to this side of the river.With that being said and haveing seen both teams play.I believe Ironton.has the advantage on offence while Ashland has the advantage on.defence.Should be a heck of a game.For those people predicting an Ashland double digit win you must not have seen Ironton this year or know the history of Tank Stadium
devil4life Wrote:I wish the Tomcats the best of luck and hope they bring the w to this side of the river.With that being said and haveing seen both teams play.I believe Ironton.has the advantage on offence while Ashland has the advantage on.defence.Should be a heck of a game.For those people predicting an Ashland double digit win you must not have seen Ironton this year or know the history of Tank Stadium

Actually have seen Ironton play an know how it goes at tank. If this game was at Putnam I would be picking Ashland by 20+ since its not 14 points while having the under 20 streak broken seems about right.
I've seen them both too. I still think you get a low scoring game.

Tiggers 13
Kittens 7
FBALL Wrote:I've seen them both too. I still think you get a low scoring game.

Tiggers 13
Kittens 7

Idk Ironton defense has been lacking a bit. Gallia isn't a great football team so they held them kinda low. Wheelersburg and Russell both moved the ball well. Whoever wins this game is go an have to score points. Cause Ashland will get there share I think. But I have been wrong before.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Idk Ironton defense has been lacking a bit. Gallia isn't a great football team so they held them kinda low. Wheelersburg and Russell both moved the ball well. Whoever wins this game is go an have to score points. Cause Ashland will get there share I think. But I have been wrong before.

I think ironton's defense is a little better than you give them credit for. They aren't as swarming as Ashland's defense but they are pretty good. I like Irontons offense better. That big line and a stable of backs makes them pretty tough to defend.

I just don't see either of these teams scoring a lot of points on each other unless there are s couple of defensive Or special teams TDs in there.
FBALL Wrote:I think ironton's defense is a little better than you give them credit for. They aren't as swarming as Ashland's defense but they are pretty good. I like Irontons offense better. That big line and a stable of backs makes them pretty tough to defend.

I just don't see either of these teams scoring a lot of points on each other unless there are s couple of defensive Or special teams TDs in there.

Ashland would be very wise to kick the ball away from Lewis. The past 2 games a big return from him has been the turning point in each game.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland would be very wise to kick the ball away from Lewis. The past 2 games a big return from him has been the turning point in each game.

He is very good. I wouldn't kick it anywhere near him.
Thanks tomcat. Excited about the game. Agree with Fball that Ashland should not kick the ball anywhere near Lewis.
Ashland by 7 to make it two in a roll over the Fighting Tigers.
28-14 ashland