Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Clay Co. 9/14
Whitley by 20
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I was referring to the high school.
Where are you getting this middle school talk.
Whitley also had schools with mascots like the Trojans and Bulldogs but it isnt anymore.

I cant believe a thread has gotten so derailed by stupid mascot talk.

What happened to your boys Clay? Whos not playing? Spill it!

I hope all of them play, no way for excuses then.

Gut you did say in a previous post that the middle school had "never been the rockets". They were for about 12 years.
Back to the game. Anyone who thinks Clay isn't physical hasn't seen em. The have a huge line and can pound it with best of em. Solid FB and strong quick RB. Passing game is very solid because the running game is so good.
Oldtiger Wrote:Rumor is disciplinary issues, I won't mention any names because it wouldn't be fair to the kids if what we've heard isn't true.

In all seriousness we won't make any excuses and I'll give props to you guys if you win, we'd like to redeem ourselves here in Tigerland for allowing Whitley to win on a last second field goal last season. It would have been an upset for the tigers to have won this game with these two key players, now it'll be a miracle if we play within 3 TD's

Not to put to fine a point on it, but over the years I have seen information put on these boards that has been less than accurate. Now I would never doubt another poster who posts information like this, and I understand about not putting names up, but till I roll into Manchester on Friday I will doubt this information.

Honestly I hope they play, it is a shame for any kid to miss games, but I also understand coaches instilling disicpline within a program and if it is true, my hats off to the coach for making men and not just football players.
I said to my knowledge i didnt know whether or not they were, but after talking to a few, yes they were, i concede.

As far as Clay is concerned and the game Friday, I still fully believe Whitley will run away with the thing.
Clay 21 Whitley 35 Final Score