Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 2012
zaga_fan Wrote:I knew Pray was going to be the favorite...
but dang...
he was the most sure-handed receiver on the roster the last 2 years

Don't worry, he has a little brother who should be a contributor this season, as well as Beatty returning. His departure from the receiving corps will be felt slightly but the mobility he adds to the backfield along with Kegan Robinson and Brewer will make for a very dangerous backfield combination.
LWC Wrote:Anyone want to take my Rockcastle County game bet like last year Wink

The idiot posters aren't here yet, wait a few months. Baiting the people who actually know football won't work. Smile

And by the way, that in no way means I think we are inferior to Rock this year.
^
I tried to tell you guys about Rock last year, but you just wouldnt listen Confusednicker:....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I tried to tell you guys about Rock last year, but you just wouldnt listen Confusednicker:....

blah blah blah blah blah
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Don't worry, he has a little brother who should be a contributor this season, as well as Beatty returning. His departure from the receiving corps will be felt slightly but the mobility he adds to the backfield along with Kegan Robinson and Brewer will make for a very dangerous backfield combination.

Nathan is going to be good...
but isn't he even smaller than Beatty?

With Austin you could throw it up high over the middle when nothing else was working and he could bring it down...
I don't see Nathan bringing in that same type of skill set.

I don't see this team being as explosive as the last few years'...
but I can see them being a lot more solid in the running game.

Matt Robinson couldn't get all the carries we wanted him to last year because of his duties on defense - Kegan never really got going - and Rankin had a really disappointing season.

However, I think Kegan is going to have a huge year this season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

Didn't tell me anything, I was familiar with their style and knew what was coming....Several others on this board however...

zaga_fan Wrote:Nathan is going to be good...
but isn't he even smaller than Beatty?

With Austin you could throw it up high over the middle when nothing else was working and he could bring it down...
I don't see Nathan bringing in that same type of skill set.

I don't see this team being as explosive as the last few years'...
but I can see them being a lot more solid in the running game.

Matt Robinson couldn't get all the carries we wanted him to last year because of his duties on defense - Kegan never really got going - and Rankin had a really disappointing season.

However, I think Kegan is going to have a huge year this season.

Nathan has gotten a bit bigger since last season. Comparable in size to Beatty now, you have to remember he is just a sophomore. The offense will still be very capable IMO. As for the bolded, I am making no comment except for that you are correct about Matt Robinson, he had to be rested.

I also agree that Kegan is going to have a very good season.
IMHO, next year wont be that great but Perry has a shot in 2013.
Perry will not be as good as last year until they can cover the pass they will strugle, Perry is weak at the defensive side because they cant cover no one until they learn to cover the pass they will be weak at defense. Offense will strugle also my prediction is 3-7. I hope it will be better than that but I would be affraid to say but the future looks bright a lot of young talent. Did Kyle Moore go back to Breathitt?
They are not no sure handed receivers on this team.
ballboy Wrote:They are not no sure handed receivers on this team.

Beatty is pretty dang good.
ballboy Wrote:They are not no sure handed receivers on this team.

Do what. :please:
This team will be better than you think on defense,,loosing Matt is a big hole of course but they have some very good kids coming back. It will be more of a team defense,,as far as covering,,again they will be better than you think,,they have experience at those positions and will surprise alot of people. To say they have no sure hand recievers is incorrect, there are several kids on this team that can, and have proven they can catch. You need to come out and see this team before you level many predictions. They do have a tough tough schedule and who knows where their record ends up, but dont sell them short just yet.
^
It wasnt neccesarrily Matt that filled such a big role, it was his energy he fed off to other players on that defense that ended up overachieving and he made his team play better. Thats why i considered him a really good player. He didnt do it all his self, but without him, nobody would have done anything.
Mtguy704 Wrote:This team will be better than you think on defense,,loosing Matt is a big hole of course but they have some very good kids coming back. It will be more of a team defense,,as far as covering,,again they will be better than you think,,they have experience at those positions and will surprise alot of people. To say they have no sure hand recievers is incorrect, there are several kids on this team that can, and have proven they can catch. You need to come out and see this team before you level many predictions. They do have a tough tough schedule and who knows where their record ends up, but dont sell them short just yet.

there is a lot of talent still on this team, Haddix will adjust to what he has to work with. They may start slow but by district they will be a dangerous team. Haddix is on of the best young coaches in the state