Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Perry County Central 2012 Schedule

Aug 17- Prestonsburg away
Aug 24- Johnson Central home
Aug 31- Clay County away
Sep 7- Lawrence County away
Sep 14- Sheldon Clark home
Sep 21- Rockcastle County away
Oct 5- Whitley County away
Oct 12- Letcher County Central home
Oct 19- Harlan County home
Oct 26- Somerset away

Thoughts?
Looks like Perry's schedule is the same except for the switch from Knox to Clay.
Once again, a murderous schedule. We lost a glut of talent from last year, most notably Matt Robinson and Kyle Huff. We actually return quite a few talented backs and receivers, but we will be very young on the offensive line, as we only return 1 starter. Our success is going to depend on how our offensive line develops, the development of a new quarterback, and trying to replace the defensive production we are losing at the linebacker and interior defensive line positions. I'll know more as the season approaches. Prestonsburg and Johnson Central are going to be some early season gut checks for us, it'll definitely help our young kids develop.
How is the other Robinson kid looking?
Wow. Another tough schedule for Perry Central.
Perry should be competitive. They will score some points but I dont know what their defense is going to do.
Best of luck to an old friend Justin Haddix. I hope for another successful season.
Their going to be fast and young at the skilled positions their line has really hit the weight room this winter and are very stong. If they can survive this schedule this year with the young guys, their future is very bright this group of young kids can take Perry a long ways in the future their not going to be as bad as we thank they will they will be competitive. and maybe a new QB also.
Best of luck Perry Central...Go Dores!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How is the other Robinson kid looking?

From what I can tell he has been working hard and will be ready to go, he's gonna have a lot of carries this year IMO.
^
Who will be Perry's QB next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Who will be Perry's QB next year.

Not sure as of yet, we got 3-4 kids that could play there. I'll have a better idea when passing league gets going.
Look for Mcclain and Gary to lay some people out this year. Both are 6'4 about 235 each and can run. Mcclain looks like Latermer from the movie "The Program" he is huge. Its amazing what protein and creatine can do for a kid.
Tailback44 Wrote:Best of luck to an old friend Justin Haddix. I hope for another successful season.

May not be fair, but Haddix is probably going to either cement his rep as the top upcoming prep coach in the state, or be labelled a question mark depending on what this year's squad does. Losing what they did, it's probably
unrealistic to expect him to equal or surpass last year. But people will.
What did PCC JV team look like last year.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:What did PCC JV team look like last year.

I wish I had some insight for you there, but I did not get to see them play any last year due to work and other obligations. I know Coach Haddix scheduled them for quite a few games last season, so at the very least the young guys have got a taste of the high school game.
I wish them the best of luck,go commodores!
JV squad might have played one game last year....

They all dressed Varsity and got some PT on defense and special teams...
not a lot...
but enough to keep them off the field on JV.

2nd string QB last year was one of the McClain twins and 3rd string was Austin Pray.
I don't see either of them taking that spot but that's just me.
I wouldn't be comfortable with McClain running the O and Austin has obligations on the WR side of the ball. He was an absolute force in the slot last year and I'd say he will make the move out wide.

Kegan Robinson is currently working hard and looking to go to a few camps this summer to do some more work. I expect him to try to fill Matt's role as best as possible....only instead of Matt being in on every defensive down and on offense when called upon....Kegan will most likely be the other way around.

Everything else is all up to the weight room. If the O-Line shapes up they can do well and if I remember correctly we had to rebuild an O-Line last year as well.

A handful of good WRs and LBs. The QB is a question mark, the O-Line is a question mark, and I honestly think that they need another RB to share the load with Kegan.
zaga_fan Wrote:JV squad might have played one game last year....

They all dressed Varsity and got some PT on defense and special teams...
not a lot...
but enough to keep them off the field on JV.

2nd string QB last year was one of the McClain twins and 3rd string was Austin Pray.
I don't see either of them taking that spot but that's just me.
I wouldn't be comfortable with McClain running the O and Austin has obligations on the WR side of the ball. He was an absolute force in the slot last year and I'd say he will make the move out wide.

Kegan Robinson is currently working hard and looking to go to a few camps this summer to do some more work. I expect him to try to fill Matt's role as best as possible....only instead of Matt being in on every defensive down and on offense when called upon....Kegan will most likely be the other way around.

Everything else is all up to the weight room. If the O-Line shapes up they can do well and if I remember correctly we had to rebuild an O-Line last year as well.

A handful of good WRs and LBs. The QB is a question mark, the O-Line is a question mark, and I honestly think that they need another RB to share the load with Kegan.

To the first bolded, I was 95% sure they played at least 7-8 games, but I may be very wrong on that. But I am sure they played Breathitt and Knott, and Leslie possibly. To the second bolded, going into 2011, it was replacing Dillon Cornett and Axl Sizemore, plus Cody Hollon transferred back to make that transition easier, going into this year we have no one transferring in and have to replace 4 starters, which will be a challenge. The QB position might be the biggest question mark simply because I have no earthly idea who will play there.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:To the first bolded, I was 95% sure they played at least 7-8 games, but I may be very wrong on that. But I am sure they played Breathitt and Knott, and Leslie possibly. To the second bolded, going into 2011, it was replacing Dillon Cornett and Axl Sizemore, plus Cody Hollon transferred back to make that transition easier, going into this year we have no one transferring in and have to replace 4 starters, which will be a challenge. The QB position might be the biggest question mark simply because I have no earthly idea who will play there.

I was thinking they played beat Breathitt County and that was the only game they played...
I watched that game and they won 28-14.

however - I may be very wrong as well.

Surely someone on here can correct one of us for sure lol
Think they are heading in the right direction and hope the compete with that schedule. Watched them last year early and didn't think they would have an L until late in the playoffs.
How is them Commodore's looking? How many do they have out? Any word on the QB, heard a month or so ago that they were suposed to get a new kid for QB. Good luck Dores!!

GeauxTigers, you got anything?
I think Perry will do fine. You got a good coach who had a good coach in school who he probably learn a lot from. The kid is a winner and he came from winners. And he will make Perry a winner. I don't know much about his staff but if he can find some good coaches to surround himself with I would say Perry could become the next power house of the mountains. Good luck Perry Central

:Thumbs:
How does Perry look position wise? Fill in the positions.

QB - Seth Napier, Austin Pray, McClain - Who will get the job?
RB - Kegan Robinson
RB - Brewer Kid
TE - Josh Gary
WR - Darryl Beatty
WR - Austin Pray
OT - Austin Osbourne
OG -
C -
OG -
OT -
The_Rock Wrote:Look for Mcclain and Gary to lay some people out this year. Both are 6'4 about 235 each and can run. Mcclain looks like Latermer from the movie "The Program" he is huge. Its amazing what protein and creatine can do for a kid.

If he looks like Lattimer, then he's using more than protein shakes lol.
I heard today that Coach Kyle Moore went back to Breathitt. Heard from Perry's Athletic Director. Will Coach Haddix be calling the plays this year?
The_Rock Wrote:I heard today that Coach Kyle Moore went back to Breathitt. Heard from Perry's Athletic Director. Will Coach Haddix be calling the plays this year?

Moore did indeed go back.

Anywho, Austin Pray is going to be the quarterback, decent numbers out right now. That's all I have at the moment.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Moore did indeed go back.

Anywho, Austin Pray is going to be the quarterback, decent numbers out right now. That's all I have at the moment.

The ball in Pray's hands every play sounds scary.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Moore did indeed go back.

I knew Pray was going to be the favorite...
but dang...
he was the most sure-handed receiver on the roster the last 2 years
Anyone want to take my Rockcastle County game bet like last year Wink
Pages: 1 2