Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metta World Peace Ejected
Stardust Wrote:Most of the NBA insiders believe its going to be 10 games

Good. He deserves it. He maybe a good player but his temper makes him look like a jackass
Stardust Wrote:Most of the NBA insiders believe its going to be 10 games

That's what I think.
Hopefully the Lakers go 7 games in round 1 lol
Honestly I don't think it will make a difference how many games he is suspended. This will be his 14th time suspended by the NBA. With that being said, I would suspend him the rest of this season.
zaga_fan Wrote:MWP is and always will be a thug that lets his emotions get the best of him.
No doubt about it he knew what he was doing...
as he gets in his cheap shots every time he gets a chance.

However...
he's a former defensive player of the year and I don't think he has ever hurt a team more than he has helped them.
From Indiana, to Sacramento, to Houston, to LA...
he always gives you the ability to put him on the other teams best player and let your superstars go to work on the offensive end.

Metta WorldPeace is the James Harrison of the NBA.

???James Harrison? James Harrison doesn't intentionally try to hurt someone, Artest means to do what he does
Crazy Horse Wrote:???James Harrison? James Harrison doesn't intentionally try to hurt someone, Artest means to do what he does

This.

Harrison plays football and does what hes suppose to do....knock the crap out of people.
Its a disgrace the NFL is made up of pansy rules now protecting their playboy QB's and this is coming from a Ravens fan who hates the Steelers with everything in me.

Nowhere ever has anyone been allowed to intentionally elbow someone in the head in the game of basketball.

He's a disgrace to the game.
Crazy Horse Wrote:???James Harrison? James Harrison doesn't intentionally try to hurt someone, Artest means to do what he does

Really?
Really?!
REALLY?!?!

James Harrison doesn't try to hurt people...

He constantly breaks the rules and has openly stated that he will not change the way he plays.

I'm sure if you ask him if he intentionally tries to hurt people he will tell you that it's his job.

[YOUTUBE="Helmet to Helmet"]tsp5rFNbq80[/YOUTUBE]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This.

Harrison plays football and does what hes suppose to do....knock the crap out of people.
Its a disgrace the NFL is made up of pansy rules now protecting their playboy QB's and this is coming from a Ravens fan who hates the Steelers with everything in me.

Nowhere ever has anyone been allowed to intentionally elbow someone in the head in the game of basketball.

He's a disgrace to the game.

I just don't see the difference.

You have two guys that are fined and suspended on a regular basis for playing outside the defined rules of the game and they end up hurting people.

I can guarantee you that Metta World Peace's elbow isn't as painful as James Harrison coming at your head full-speed with his helmet.

I know it is two different sports...

but these guys are cut from the exact same mold and we are exalting one while we trash the other.
zaga_fan Wrote:I just don't see the difference.

You have two guys that are fined and suspended on a regular basis for playing outside the defined rules of the game and they end up hurting people.

I can guarantee you that Metta World Peace's elbow isn't as painful as James Harrison coming at your head full-speed with his helmet.

I know it is two different sports...

but these guys are cut from the exact same mold and we are exalting one while we trash the other.

The difference is that the guy James Harrison is about to hit is wearing pads...haha

I like James Harrison and his aggressive style of play, however, you have to follow the rules whether you like them or not.
Football is a physical sport. 15 years ago the hits that James Harrison has are just hard football hits. Put some of the great linebackers from the 70s and 80s in today's era and they would be fined more than Harrison.

No he doesn't intentionally hurts guys, he just plays hard football.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Football is a physical sport. 15 years ago the hits that James Harrison has are just hard football hits. Put some of the great linebackers from the 70s and 80s in today's era and they would be fined more than Harrison.

No he doesn't intentionally hurts guys, he just plays hard football.

If you know that launching your body head-first into another persons head could knock them out and give them a concussion then you are intentionally trying to hurt someone...

and I can promise that James Harrison has been made aware that what he is doing will hurt someone.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you know that launching your body head-first into another persons head could knock them out and give them a concussion then you are intentionally trying to hurt someone...

and I can promise that James Harrison has been made aware that what he is doing will hurt someone.

Yeah he knows that but all defensive players who play physical know that. I watch mikeandmike every morning and Mike Golic talks about how as a defensive player you like giving big hits and when those hits can cause injuries.

I know that Goodell is trying to make the NFL safer but their is a point where he needs to draw a line. Plenty of times Harrison has been flagged and fined on hits nowhere near hard or illegal(IMO). There still needs to be a toughness on the defensive side of the football.
^ Well we can talk about how the NFL is soft all we want...
but the point I am making is that Metta WorldPeace throwing an elbow at someones head is no more dangerous or against the rules than the hit I posted of Harrison going helmet-to-helmet on Massoquoi (spelling).
WALL2WALL Wrote:Yeah he knows that but all defensive players who play physical know that. I watch mikeandmike every morning and Mike Golic talks about how as a defensive player you like giving big hits and when those hits can cause injuries.

I know that Goodell is trying to make the NFL safer but their is a point where he needs to draw a line. Plenty of times Harrison has been flagged and fined on hits nowhere near hard or illegal(IMO). There still needs to be a toughness on the defensive side of the football.

Bullshit! This has nothing to do with Goodall, ZERO! You want to talk about toughness, it's the tough ass football players who are SUING the NFL for the league not protecting them from injuries. We are talking about a BILLION dollar lawsuit that is being prompted by the players, and then the naive fans want to blame it on the league! Nope, it's the tough guys themselves that are the cause of the flags on Harrison!
Stardust Wrote:Bullshit! This has nothing to do with Goodall, ZERO! You want to talk about toughness, it's the tough ass football players who are SUING the NFL for the league not protecting them from injuries. We are talking about a BILLION dollar lawsuit that is being prompted by the players, and then the naive fans want to blame it on the league! Nope, it's the tough guys themselves that are the cause of the flags on Harrison!

Wasting your posts Dusty.
Trying to talk sense in this thread is about as meaningful as posting in the post-padding thread lol
Stardust Wrote:Bullshit! This has nothing to do with Goodall, ZERO! You want to talk about toughness, it's the tough ass football players who are SUING the NFL for the league not protecting them from injuries. We are talking about a BILLION dollar lawsuit that is being prompted by the players, and then the naive fans want to blame it on the league! Nope, it's the tough guys themselves that are the cause of the flags on Harrison!

:truestory:
zaga_fan Wrote:^ Well we can talk about how the NFL is soft all we want...
but the point I am making is that Metta WorldPeace throwing an elbow at someones head is no more dangerous or against the rules than the hit I posted of Harrison going helmet-to-helmet on Massoquoi (spelling).

I agree with you. Both are dangerous and both are against the rules. But as a Steelers fan, I don't see how Harrison means to hurt guys. He does hit hard and he doesn't care to hit hard and I don't blame him one bit about not changing the way he plays.

Everybody has their own opinion, and I disagree. Football in the 70s and 80s was 10x more exciting than the football today, as a fan I hate what the rules are.

I do agree that rules have to be in place to protect the league from lawsuits, I know that these rules are in place to keep the players safe and I am all for that. But seems to me that a QB gets touched and falls down and a flag is thrown.

Harrison sacked Brees, IMO clean hit, and a flag was thrown and he got fined. QBs are getting diva treatment in my book.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Everybody has their own opinion, and I disagree. Football in the 70s and 80s was 10x more exciting than the football today, as a fan I hate what the rules are.

I do agree that rules have to be in place to protect the league from lawsuits, I know that these rules are in place to keep the players safe and I am all for that. But seems to me that a QB gets touched and falls down and a flag is thrown.

Harrison sacked Brees, IMO clean hit, and a flag was thrown and he got fined. QBs are getting diva treatment in my book.

It was a helmet to helmet hit from the blind side.
It didn't look like a big deal to me...
but by the book it is punishable.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Everybody has their own opinion, and I disagree. Football in the 70s and 80s was 10x more exciting than the football today, as a fan I hate what the rules are.

I agree but these players are some of the ones now suing the NFL for having long term affects from concussions.
judgementday Wrote:I agree but these players are some of the ones now suing the NFL for having long term affects from concussions.

That's true.
stop being so suburban
^ Good to see you back
You don't see Artest doing this to Lebron, Griffin, Howard, or someone that would put him on his ass!
Ballers Wrote:You don't see Artest doing this to Lebron, Griffin, Howard, or someone that would put him on his ass!

Lebron would lay on the ground and cry if this happened to him. He takes a weak pick and lays on the ground and flops back and fourth.