Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Metta World Peace Ejected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am watching the Lakers and Thunder play right now. World Peace just made an amazing dunk over a Thunder defender to cut the Thunder lead to 1 point. After the dunk, World Peace thumped his chest, and then swung an elbow which nailed James Harden in the side of the head. World Peace was issued a flagrant 2 and ejected, Harden lay on the floor for several minutes and was taken to the locker room with a possible concussion. I would say that in addition to the ejected, there will at least be a fine and probably a multiple game suspension.
Was the elbow clearly meant for contact with Harden? Or was it an accident?
From looking at the replay, it was definitely on purpose.

^ it was definitely not an accident. Well deserved ejection
Well I know someone that wont be in the playoffs
There was just not need for this...World Peace was having an awesome game. Something like 12 points, 5 boards, 3 steals, an assist...he was playing really well.
Wow, I thought the name change revealed a new side of him. But after this, still a thug.
WideRight05 Wrote:There was just not need for this...World Peace was having an awesome game. Something like 12 points, 5 boards, 3 steals, an assist...he was playing really well.

Spud6 Wrote:Wow, I thought the name change revealed a new side of him. But after this, still a thug.
:Thumbs:
Spot on! The guy who run up in the stands is the same guy who did a bush thing like this!
Artest is a joke and disgrace to the game.
He's always been a complete thug on the court and always hurts his team more than he helps.
His ass shouldnt even be allowed in the league period.
I hope someone undercuts his sorry ass on a lay up and he lands right on his dense head. He's a piece of shit.
Was a Thug, Still is a Thug, Always will be a Thug. There's no room for that in the NBA. If you wanna be bad and think your the shit and try and whip people or throw elbows, go to MMA because the NBA is not for you!
Strikeout King Wrote:Was a Thug, Still is a Thug, Always will be a Thug. There's no room for that in the NBA. If you wanna be bad and think your the shit and try and whip people or throw elbows, go to MMA because the NBA is not for you!

Agreed, I would think different if this was a player with a clean record who lost their cool, but Artest (or World Peace or whatever the hell his name is) has proven himself a thug in the past and I guess if the shoe fits...

His bank account is about to hurt just a little bit. Probably not as bad as Harden's head, but I hope Stern tears him a new one.
^ Agreed!
On ESPN there is a poll on whether or not it was intentional. 22,000 people and the result is 80% intentional - 20% unintentional. Those 20% must have saw a different game.
That 20% is Aslan And Zaga spamming the Poll.
I am disappointed most in seeing how far Artest has come along the past couple of years. It really looked like he was making the effort to get more involved and do better. Today proved me wrong on that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Artest is a joke and disgrace to the game.
He's always been a complete thug on the court and always hurts his team more than he helps.
His ass shouldnt even be allowed in the league period.

MWP is and always will be a thug that lets his emotions get the best of him.
No doubt about it he knew what he was doing...
as he gets in his cheap shots every time he gets a chance.

However...
he's a former defensive player of the year and I don't think he has ever hurt a team more than he has helped them.
From Indiana, to Sacramento, to Houston, to LA...
he always gives you the ability to put him on the other teams best player and let your superstars go to work on the offensive end.

Metta WorldPeace is the James Harrison of the NBA.
Amun-Ra Wrote:On ESPN there is a poll on whether or not it was intentional. 22,000 people and the result is 80% intentional - 20% unintentional. Those 20% must have saw a different game.

100% intentional.
As soon as he felt Harden touch him he swung the elbow.
I've seen this guy dive for loose balls and lay on top of people while he is clawing for the ball then act like it was an accident.
zaga_fan Wrote:MWP is and always will be a thug that lets his emotions get the best of him.

However...
he's a former defensive player of the year and I don't think he has ever hurt a team more than he has helped them.
he always gives you the ability to put him on the other teams best player and let your superstars go to work on the offensive end.

I know your not trying to politely defend that thug.
Artest was great in Sacramento! He was the star of a Kings team that made the PLAYOFFS! WOW! lol. I wish he wasn't a bone-head though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know your not trying to politely defend that thug.

No...
I'm saying he is a thug that is a good player.

Just like James Harrison.
You can only defend someone so far...

I love MWP but this junk is intolerable.

He will have the book thrown at him for this one.

I honestly think he gets tossed from the playoffs....

Harden had a concussion and he may be out for a while with all the concussion uproar we have had lately.

This takes could take 2 key players away from 2 contenders and no one is a winner in this one.
Should be a 3 game suspension
Stardust Wrote:Should be a 3 game suspension

Based on his history in the league, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 3 games.

He clearly drew his elbow back and drilled Harden in the head.
zaga_fan Wrote:MWP is and always will be a thug that lets his emotions get the best of him.

However...

I agree.
I see a 5 game suspension coming his way.
I see a big suspension....
maybe an indefinite one dependent upon Harden's absence from the court
I don't see the suspension being less than five games. His history alone will encourage a longer suspension. I don't think this would happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was suspended for the entire playoffs at maximum. Realistically, I think he will miss the first round.
World Peace (Artest) has always let his temper get the best of him. I am disappointed to see him pull a stunt like this, and I feel very sorry for James Harden. He had a good season, and ended with a bang. No pun intended.
Most of the NBA insiders believe its going to be 10 games
Pages: 1 2