Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach of the year for your Region?
I say Raymond Justice-KCC
Raymond Justice-KCC
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Raymond Justice-KCC

I think thats BB!! Until Raymond Justice is named the headcoach, BB has to take the credit!!
Cordia - Hot Rod
13TH- Jones Harlan Co. or Marcum Clay Co.
14TH- Holland Hazard or Hatcher Perry Central
Everybody knows Raymond is doing the coaching so I think he should be up for coach of thr year!
Jed Clampett Wrote:In the 15th its Kevin Spurlock of Sheldon Clark. Has team at 19 - 4 :Thumbs::Thumbs:

agreed. no brainer Spurlock has done a great job this year.
hillmonster Wrote:Everybody knows Raymond is doing the coaching so I think he should be up for coach of thr year!

wrong. you cant tell BB that.
not being biased I still think Denny should be up for COY but with everyone saying justice at KCC they do have one hell of a coaching staff probably the best in the region.
zaga_fan Wrote:Cordia - Hot Rod

lol i dont know bout that. maybe the biggest beatdown of the year award.
I do not think Holland or Hatcher should be considered for COY.

What John Noble has done at Buckhorn is remarkable. He built the program with hard working kids who were from Buckhorn. What Denny has done at Breathitt is great. He has brought a toughness back into the program. They play hard.

If either of these two don't get it something is wrong.
zaga_fan Wrote:Cordia - Hot Rod

lol
14th Region: Breathitt's Fugate and Powell's Hall, These two have done more with less.
You fools get on here and talk about BB King. Act like he dont know anything about basketball. The guy was KNOTT CENTRALS ALL TIME LEADING SCORER until Stuart Stamper broke his record. Stop acting like Raymond Justice is something special. He hasnt won anything in his career at Letcher or East Ridge. BB is a excellent coach.
My 3 picks would be.

John Noble - Buckhorn
Hatch - Perry Centrall
BB King - Knott

Any of those 3 deserve it.
In no particular order:
Holland-Hazard- A young and inexperienced team that is improving every day.
King-KCC-Took a crop of young talent and won alot of games including the FIT and WYMT
Noble-Buckhorn- Has his kids playing hard and won the All "A"
Holland - Has a young team that has played all over the United States of America. Played against the best competition in the US of A while they were in grade school. Played 100 games a year. Dont think they are inexperienced. They are all holdbacks. He has done a good job but those kids have PLENTY of experience.

Hatcher - Had to change his style to fit Jaysean Paiges style. Has 2 stars on the team with Paige and Beverly. Still gets Big Dalton quite a few touches as well. Combs gets several attempts a game. Huff gets some garbage points here and there off the boards. I think he has done a tremendous job. Sometimes its harder to coach Talent than to build talent.

John Noble - Has got a lot out of his kids. They are small without the exception of Day. They play Balls to the Wall for Coach Noble. I do think the other 4 could do better and hopefully they will. Sometimes I think he needs to go bigger with the big Red Head inside and gain a little size to help out Day.

Hatch, Noble, and BB are the picks to me.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:You fools get on here and talk about BB King. Act like he dont know anything about basketball. The guy was KNOTT CENTRALS ALL TIME LEADING SCORER until Stuart Stamper broke his record. Stop acting like Raymond Justice is something special. He hasnt won anything in his career at Letcher or East Ridge. BB is a excellent coach.

Won 3 regional titles back to back to back at Belfry though...Might want to do some research first.:Thumbs:
Good coaches usually don't have to jump around from team to team to team every year, just saying!
D1Recruiter Wrote:Good coaches usually don't have to jump around from team to team to team every year, just saying!

Three schools is 30 years is hardly jumping around.
thegr81 Wrote:Three schools is 30 years is hardly jumping around.

4....Belfry, East Ridge, LCC, and KCC.....If I'm not mistaken
Raymond is an excellent coach. Winning isnt easy, dont care where you are at. But I think BB King is a heck of a coach also.
[
thegr81 Wrote:Three schools is 30 years is hardly jumping around.

Just because a coach changes schools doesn't mean he can't coach:
All are on the all time wins list-5 of the top ten...
Hatcher has coached at a school in WV, Marshall,Graves,Perry
Al Holland-Dilce Combs, MC Napier, Perry Central, Hazard
Denny Fugate-MC Napier,Cordia,Breathitt
Hicks at Everts, Harlan,Corbin,ScottCo.
Fraley-Powell Co., Pulaski Co., Knott Central
Lyle Dunbar- Fordsville,West Hopkins,Scottsville, Maysville,Christian
Roberts- Cumberland,Mcreary,P-berg,Fleming Neon
Curtis Turley-Berea,Lyon Co, Warren Central, Graves,Henderson,Greenwood,Shelby Co., Daviess Co., Lexington Cathloic
Mike Jones- Harlan Co,Harlan,Clay
Its easy Raymond Justice at KCC. If he hadnt brought in his son knott would of been a in the middle pack team.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:4....Belfry, East Ridge, LCC, and KCC.....If I'm not mistaken

I was talking about Head coaching jobs. If you include assistant jobs then there wouldn't be a coach in KHSAA history to not switch jobs.