Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Head Coach at Paintsville
Redneck Wrote:I guess we can expect to see the same offense we seen this year, and the same QB...

I believe we will see a freshman QB next season regardless of who is on Coach Runyon's staff. I also think we will see a lot of tight end and even double tight sets.
ForearmShiver Wrote:I believe we will see a freshman QB next season regardless of who is on Coach Runyon's staff. I also think we will see a lot of tight end and even double tight sets.
So you really think BMR will play a freshman QB ahead of his buddy, Jimmy Daniels son? Not a chance. You will see several tight end sets, much like you did this past year. Jimmy is still running the offense under BMR.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Not this first year because of the contracts but Id say he will deifnitely bring back the P-Burg series. Johnson central IDK about just to much bad blood for it to ever happen again.
Bad blood has nothing to do with it. Johnson Central does not need another "name the score" opponent on its schedule. Neither Bill Mike Runyon or any other new head coach will field a team at Paintsville that can compete with Johnson Central as long as the Golden Eagles have Jim Matney at the helm. Paintsville can only compete with Johnson Central in football if the JC administration hires another incompetent coach at some point in the future. Eventually, that will happen as history tends to repeat itself, but the Apple Bowl will not be resurrected in the foreseeable future because neither program would benefit from it.
Coach Runyon will play a freshman QB next season. He will make the personnel decisions and call the plays. Jimmy might send in the signals to the huddle but he will be sending in Runyon's plays. Jimmy had already stated that he intended to play the freshman QB next season as well, even if the same head coach remained at the helm. It is obvious that he is much more capable at the position than last season's QB. I honestly think that last season's QB will be relieved to play another position now, and let someone else deal with that pressure and the physical pounding he took last season.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Coach Runyon will play a freshman QB next season. He will make the personnel decisions and call the plays. Jimmy might send in the signals to the huddle but he will be sending in Runyon's plays. Jimmy had already stated that he intended to play the freshman QB next season as well, even if the same head coach remained at the helm. It is obvious that he is much more capable at the position than last season's QB. I honestly think that last season's QB will be relieved to play another position now, and let someone else deal with that pressure and the physical pounding he took last season.
Guys this is ignorant if you think you can decide a position in the offseason. The Freshman QB has never taken a snap in the high school setting and it's a much different game on that level. Not many kids are capable of playing QB as a Freshman. He is a talented kid but I don't think you can declare him the "starter" right now. Matt Daniels will be a year older and a year more mature. There is a lot to be said about senior leadership on a football team. I say put them head to head this summer and may the best man win.
theoldballcoach Wrote:Guys this is ignorant if you think you can decide a position in the offseason. The Freshman QB has never taken a snap in the high school setting and it's a much different game on that level. Not many kids are capable of playing QB as a Freshman. He is a talented kid but I don't think you can declare him the "starter" right now. Matt Daniels will be a year older and a year more mature. There is a lot to be said about senior leadership on a football team. I say put them head to head this summer and may the best man win.
I agree with most of your post Coach. However the one thing I say is please don't ever match those two up. You should understand. Love both kids,but!! Offseason is the wrong time for stuff like that. That's for sure.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I agree with most of your post Coach. However the one thing I say is please don't ever match those two up. You should understand. Love both kids,but!! Offseason is the wrong time for stuff like that. That's for sure.

Why wouldn't you match those two up? That is old school coaching, may the best man win.
theoldballcoach Wrote:Guys this is ignorant if you think you can decide a position in the offseason. The Freshman QB has never taken a snap in the high school setting and it's a much different game on that level. Not many kids are capable of playing QB as a Freshman. He is a talented kid but I don't think you can declare him the "starter" right now. Matt Daniels will be a year older and a year more mature. There is a lot to be said about senior leadership on a football team. I say put them head to head this summer and may the best man win.

I agree, this will only make the boys better :Thumbs:
theoldballcoach Wrote:Why wouldn't you match those two up? That is old school coaching, may the best man win.
Coach, competition for a position is truly a great thing .For this to be successful and benificial to the process and the building of a team the two must have some reasonably close degree of equality. I am afraid that this is simply not the case. One kid is a quarterback and one is not. One is an incoming Freshman and the other an upperclassman. No Freshman should be thrust into a position of carrying a questionable team at the high school level. There is another stop-gap quarterback in the system, better suited to take the team,until a later date. I feel more optimistic about the future of the program following reciept of certain information. I believe Coach Runyon will be successful as he is no looser. A look at the roster in August may prove interesting.:biggrin:

freshman