Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Head Coach at Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
BREAKING NEWS!!! Paintsville H.S. has announced their "NEW" Football Coach. Congratulations and Welcome once again to Bill Mike Runyon. This has been confirmed by Paintsville City School Superintendent Coy Sammons.

Got this from the big sandy sports line
CardinalAlum Wrote:BREAKING NEWS!!! Paintsville H.S. has announced their "NEW" Football Coach. Congratulations and Welcome once again to Bill Mike Runyon. This has been confirmed by Paintsville City School Superintendent Coy Sammons.

Got this from the big sandy sports line

Congratulations to BMR. No real surprise here though IMO. The man has practically ran Paintsville schools since he has been in it and there is talent coming up. Where there is talent...there is BMR. Best of luck turning around the Tigers though, the long history of the program has almost been tarnished over the past few years.
Should be exciting!!
This is how I figured it would end up. I think the majority of the community was wanting Joe Chirico to get the job. Runyon has his hands full this time around. This time he doesn't have the talent and someone else's offseason work, I guess we will see how good of a coach he really is this time around. Best of luck Tigers!
Love him or hate him, he gets the job done!:hilarious:

Seriously, best of luck to Coach Runyon and the Tigers. I think it's a great hire.
Heard he may be getting some transfers.
cricketbed Wrote:Heard he may be getting some transfers.
He might also lose some people to JC.
Great appointment(hire). He will get the participation from the school's better athletes. He knows how to motivate, and how to delegate. He knows how to adapt to his opponent's vulnerabilities and prepare for it. Most importantly he lives and breathes Tiger Pride. I believe that we will see a more fundamentally sound and efficient brand of Tiger football starting now.

Sincerely, best of luck to Coach Jason Kinner as well. He is a great guy and a passionate young coach. He has a lot of football knowledge. His future is solid.
Congrats, BMR. I think next year will be rough but after that, wow. Paintsville football was as good as anyone in grade school this year.
Top priority would be to nab Chirico (hope I spelled that correctly). This guy is loved by all and would be the 1st step in turning this program around. Props to BMR in basketball but football is a different animal.
theoldballcoach Wrote:This is how I figured it would end up. I think the majority of the community was wanting Joe Chirico to get the job. Runyon has his hands full this time around. This time he doesn't have the talent and someone else's offseason work, I guess we will see how good of a coach he really is this time around. Best of luck Tigers!

theoldballcoach Wrote:He might also lose some people to JC.

Don't think anyone from pville can play on JC team next two years.
I think it is a good hire for the Tigers. I know all the kids respect him and hopefully will play HARD for him.
How far is Paintsville HS from Johnson Central? Why do they even have two schools that close together? Most of the better players from Paintsville aready go to JC anyway, why not consolidate the schools?
Bird4Life Wrote:How far is Paintsville HS from Johnson Central? Why do they even have two schools that close together? Most of the better players from Paintsville aready go to JC anyway, why not consolidate the schools?

3 Mins. little over 1 Mile
Bird4Life Wrote:How far is Paintsville HS from Johnson Central? Why do they even have two schools that close together? Most of the better players from Paintsville aready go to JC anyway, why not consolidate the schools?

Paintsville has dominated JC in everything but football the last couple of years.
The biggest thing now is the staff he can build around him. But knowing BMR we will see a well conditioned, fundamentally sound team. They may not win many games the first year but they will play hard.

Tiger Pride.
Congrats to the player's and community at PHS. They deserve a new start.:Thumbs:
maybe they will play some of their rivals like johnson central or prestonburgh
You might try asking PCC and Hazard that question as well.
black&gold#1 Wrote:maybe they will play some of their rivals like johnson central or prestonburgh

Not this first year because of the contracts but Id say he will deifnitely bring back the P-Burg series. Johnson central IDK about just to much bad blood for it to ever happen again.
cricketbed Wrote:Don't think anyone from pville can play on JC team next two years.
Good!!!!!!! 35+ on the Tiger roster next year. If ya can't play at JC boys come on over. We got the hammer and nails out. Heaven knows we need em.
Congrats to the new coach!
Ike Cooter Wrote:Top priority would be to nab Chirico (hope I spelled that correctly). This guy is loved by all and would be the 1st step in turning this program around. Props to BMR in basketball but football is a different animal.
I disagree, hiring him as your head coach should've been your "top priority." However, we already screwed that one up. If I were Bill Mike I would try to get Chirico to come save the day (AGAIN) much like he did in 2005. Bill Mike knows basketball very well but as Ike said, football is a different animal. Unless he gets some good coaches around him I think his knowledge of football will be exposed.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Paintsville has dominated JC in everything but football the last couple of years.
I normally could care less about posts on here, and some of yours are completely clueless, but this statement is maybe the dumbest freaking one you've ever made.
Do you even pay ANY attention at all to scores, let alone WATCH any of the games?
Get a clue, dude.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I normally could care less about posts on here, and some of yours are completely clueless, but this statement is maybe the dumbest freaking one you've ever made.
Do you even pay ANY attention at all to scores, let alone WATCH any of the games?
Get a clue, dude.

So far this year Paintsville is 5-1 against Johnson central, with centrals one win coming in volleyball. They did beat us both time in softball last year, and both in volleyball. But we had a winning record in soccer, Split the series in boys basketball, and havent lost in girls basketball to them since 09. Add in winning both times in baseball with one of them being a mercy rule win. So call that what you will but I will say it is pretty damn good against a school three times our size. There is a legitimate possibilty Johnson central won't beat Paintsville at anything else this year, except boys basketball. Which will probably be a split series. Quite frankly your post was out of line, and you should probably do a little research before you say something like this.
Wait 6-1 I forgot the boys soccer district championship. Sorry.
You know how the rumor mill goes.... But the last time BMR was the head football coach (for 1 season), the rumor mill was he got the job so another coach on the staff (who was a former successful head coach at a couple other high schools) didn't get the job. But like I said... that was the rumor mill.

Paintsville is going to be in a tough district for the next few years, BUT the one season that BMR was the head coach, they won the district title. P-ville's middle school had a great season this year, so BMR should have some players on the way up through the program.

Paintsville and JC are seperated by Paint Creek, actually, JC's football stadium is right on the river bank. If you leave from JC's campus, you can turn left on rt. 321, go through 2 red lights, turn left at the 3rd red light you come to; go across the bridge on James S. Trimble blvd., turn left on West St., turn right on 3rd street and PHS is on the right. It's about a 2 1/2 minute trip.

Whoever said P-ville has dominated JC in all other sports but football for the past few years................ C'mon man!
Too bad P-ville doesn't have a wrestling team, Matney would own you guys on the mats as well as the grid iron.

And as far as consolidation goes between JC and PHS..... JC is public, PHS is independent. It's like anyother sporting rivalry, if your from Johnson County, your either gonna be a Golden Eagle or a Tiger. P-ville is acutally closer to my house than JC, but I went from K-12 in the JC school system. And some of my best friends from my neighborhood went to P-ville. There are kids that live within walking distance of P-ville that go to JC and their are kids who live in the "Sticks" of Johnson County that go to P-ville. The JC elementary schools, middle school and high school could accomdate all of P-ville's students from K-12 if a consoldation were to happen, but don't look for that any time in this life time.

As far as bringing back the Apple Bowl between JC and P-ville....... Don't even get me started on that one.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I normally could care less about posts on here, and some of yours are completely clueless, but this statement is maybe the dumbest freaking one you've ever made.
Get a clue, dude.

Agreed. I read that post and wanted to see how dominant Paintsville has been in the past several years in the major boys sports. These are the win/loss records for each Paintsville/JCHS game played since the 2008-2009 school year.

Boys Basketball
Feb 9, 09 Johnson Central home 49 - 66 (L)
Feb 12, 09 Johnson Central away 59 - 85 (L)
Feb 8, 10 Johnson Central away 26 - 53 (L)
Feb 12, 10 Johnson Central home 48 - 56 (L)
Jan 7, 11 Johnson Central home 53 - 51 (W)
Feb 11, 11 Johnson Central away 66 - 67 (L)
Wins: PHS – 1, JCHS – 5 16.7%
Baseball
Apr 27, 09 Johnson Central home 3 - 8 (L)
May 19, 09 Johnson Central away 3 - 4 (L)
Apr 19, 10 Johnson Central home 6 - 8 (L)
May 11, 10 Johnson Central away 2 - 4 (L)
May 5, 11 Johnson Central home 1 - 0 (W)
May 25, 11 Johnson Central at Sheldon Clark 10 - 0 (W)
Wins: PHS – 2, JCHS – 4 33.3%
Football
Oct 2, 08 Johnson Central home 7 - 55 (L)
2009 – Did not play
2010 – Did not play
2011 – Did not play
Wins: PHS – 0, JCHS 1 0%

Looks like a dynasty to me, 3 wins in 13 games.

Again though, best of luck to BMR on restoring the pride and tradition of Tiger football.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You know how the rumor mill goes.... But the last time BMR was the head football coach (for 1 season), the rumor mill was he got the job so another coach on the staff (who was a former successful head coach at a couple other high schools) didn't get the job. But like I said... that was the rumor mill.

Paintsville is going to be in a tough district for the next few years, BUT the one season that BMR was the head coach, they won the district title. P-ville's middle school had a great season this year, so BMR should have some players on the way up through the program.

Paintsville and JC are seperated by Paint Creek, actually, JC's football stadium is right on the river bank. If you leave from JC's campus, you can turn left on rt. 321, go through 2 red lights, turn left at the 3rd red light you come to; go across the bridge on James S. Trimble blvd., turn left on West St., turn right on 3rd street and PHS is on the right. It's about a 2 1/2 minute trip.

Whoever said P-ville has dominated JC in all other sports but football for the past few years................ C'mon man!
Too bad P-ville doesn't have a wrestling team, Matney would own you guys on the mats as well as the grid iron.

And as far as consolidation goes between JC and PHS..... JC is public, PHS is independent. It's like anyother sporting rivalry, if your from Johnson County, your either gonna be a Golden Eagle or a Tiger. P-ville is acutally closer to my house than JC, but I went from K-12 in the JC school system. And some of my best friends from my neighborhood went to P-ville. There are kids that live within walking distance of P-ville that go to JC and their are kids who live in the "Sticks" of Johnson County that go to P-ville. The JC elementary schools, middle school and high school could accomdate all of P-ville's students from K-12 if a consoldation were to happen, but don't look for that any time in this life time.

As far as bringing back the Apple Bowl between JC and P-ville....... Don't even get me started on that one.
Independent schools are public schools.

I feel like that needs to be on the quiz to join BGR.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Independent schools are public schools.

I feel like that needs to be on the quiz to join BGR.

Ok.... You got me.

I remember when the internet message boards first became popular..... Paintsville had t-shirts made up for the student body to wear at ballgames.

(front of shirt)
We're Peppy....
We're Preppy....
We're Paintsville!

(back of shirt)
The Original
Bluegrass Preps!
Pages: 1 2 3