Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian #3 & #13 ranked kids transfers to East Ridge??
True..almost time to throw it up..and get the round-ball going!

The warrior's are ready to get :flush: right!
looks like every one on here is jelous because ER is going to compete this year, haha
Is ER going to compete or will it be Canada and a few locals,haha. Even a blind chicken gets a grain corn sometimes!!!
I have been reading this thread and all these ridiculous posts from numerous people. I think a lot of you guys need to just calm down a little and wish everyone luck this upcoming basketball season. The big kid at ER is not even eligible yet, so everyone needs to quit bashing everything and everyone. And alot of you guys do not know much at all I guess about the unique situation, because these players are not one year and done, they have moved down and someone has custody of them. They will be playing throughout their high school career at ER, which I believe is 2 or 3 more years. And I believe I read a post that Preston LeMaster will be a one and done and that he could not cut it coaching down the road, etc...I really have no idea what you are talking about Mr Onion Head b/c I personally know Preston and he has different schools that call him EVERY year wanting him to come to their school and be a coach. If you saw him falter and fail last year, then why did his JV team at Powell County go 19-1?? I guess you know him better than I do, so everyone has to believe you I guess. Good luck Preston and good luck ER and everyone else in the 15th Region!!! I am ready to watch some good mountain basketball!!
All of you haters are pretty damn retarded...all this does is make the Region more competitive and fun to watch. Go ahead and say things like "when's the last time SV had a non-mountain kid play for them?"...I don't remember, but I do remember that tall, Shrek looking kid from Pikeville transferring to SV, and plenty more over the years.

It makes the games better and more excited for us, the fans who are watching. Stop being so damn close-minded.
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:I read a post that Preston LeMaster will be a one and done and that he could not cut it coaching down the road, etc...I really have no idea what you are talking about Mr Onion Head b/c I personally know Preston and he has different schools that call him EVERY year wanting him to come to their school and be a coach. If you saw him falter and fail last year, then why did his JV team at Powell County go 19-1?? I guess you know him better than I do, so everyone has to believe you I guess. Good luck Preston and good luck ER and everyone else in the 15th Region!!! I am ready to watch some good mountain basketball!!

I was talking more along the lines of struggling with personal vices, which if you know Preston so well then you are well aware of. Let's see if he can keep himself out of trouble before we talk about him being so great.
vundy33 Wrote:All of you haters are pretty damn retarded...all this does is make the Region more competitive and fun to watch. Go ahead and say things like "when's the last time SV had a non-mountain kid play for them?"...I don't remember, but I do remember that tall, Shrek looking kid from Pikeville transferring to SV, and plenty more over the years.

It makes the games better and more excited for us, the fans who are watching. Stop being so damn close-minded.

Little bit of a difference in transferring 15 miles compared to about 500. I'm sure these Canadians had heard of East Ridge and all it had to offer though. Strong tradition with that academic excellence is hard to beat. By making the game better, you mean for East Ridge fans, because call me crazy but it was already fun to watch. But I wouldn't know it's like to Lise year after year. Guess desperation can make people feel like anything is justifiable.
Yes I know Preston very well and he has expressed to me time after time how excited he is to be at East Ridge and how the community has welcomed him with open arms. He is one of the most knowledgable basketball minded person I have ever met. His kids last year played so hard for him at Powell County and that's why he was so successful. He has played at the highest level and learned from the best of the best (coaches he's played for and coached with). And listen, EVERY year their are transfers going from school to school and it's going to keep happening so why don't we all just enjoy watching basketball. Every kid, every year who enters a new region just makes it more exciting!! I actually spoke with Preston a couple days ago, I believe alot of guys are hyping this ER team up a little too much. He told me time after time how incredibly young they are and it's going to take a while to get ER where they need to be. The big kid is not even eligible yet for one, and two, ER has 2 seniors, 1 junior, 2 sophomores, and the rest Freshman. So it's going to be an exciting next 3 or 4 years in the 15th Region with all the talent at ER, SV, Pikeville, Betsy Lane, etc...
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Little bit of a difference in transferring 15 miles compared to about 500. I'm sure these Canadians had heard of East Ridge and all it had to offer though. Strong tradition with that academic excellence is hard to beat. By making the game better, you mean for East Ridge fans, because call me crazy but it was already fun to watch. But I wouldn't know it's like to Lise year after year. Guess desperation can make people feel like anything is justifiable.

Exactly. Tell me, what would possibly make these kids want to go to ER?

And yeah, it'll be more fun to watch for everyone, not just ER fans. And the only difference is miles. That's it. That kid went to Valley for the sole reason of winning, and I don't blame him. It just shows the double standard you people have.
And I can't help but notice, but it seems like someone is a little jealous of Coach LeMaster. I guess we all have our opinions, but seriously you get on a sports board and talk ill of a person who you probably don't even know. That seems a little childish to me, but if you want to keep your rumor mill going then like I said it's your opinion. Good luck Coach LeMaster and the East Ridge Warriors!!
Big Don Wrote:Sounds like the additions at East Ridge has the wildcat and panther faithful very concerned.
Not concerned. I honestly think its funny that ER is getting a free pass on all this. If those kids came to Pikeville. Bart Williams would be called to testify before congress due to public outcry. Quick trivia. This is not the first that a school from up in that area has done this. Does anyone remember the name Myron Mendolivic?
The kid that went to SV had never played high school sports, he was a YMCA legend,lol.
i think canadian basketball is not as competive as kentucky basketball
A better place in easy Ky .I call bs on this .
School Admin. Wrote:I would like to set the record straight about this situation, and I'm in a position to do that. Both of these boys were not recruited by anyone from East Ridge. Ray and Tony wanted a better opportunity in America and their guardian here would have given them that chance regardless if they could play basketball or not. I know many on here won't believe that, but that is the absolute truth. In reference to some of the postings about them "being gone" after one year, that is stupid and posted by someone who doesn't have a clue about either of the kids. As far as "what opportunities" they would have at East Ridge, well my comment is this; they have a boy who accepted a full scholarship to Harvard, so opportunities are where you find them and make the most of.
The last time east won it was political . Can't they win it with hometown talent .And without outside help . I guess not .