Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian #3 & #13 ranked kids transfers to East Ridge??
http://www.allkyhoops.com/2011/10/source...ruled.html

Can anyone verify this?? Cause if this is true I'm very interested to know how this came to be lol
^ East Ridge has a lot to offer to Canadians
WOW................................

Confusederiously:
ahh boys whats going on in KY this year!!! lol
Stardust Wrote:^ East Ridge has a lot to offer to Canadians
Unlimited s-10s? No cell service? :biggrin:
What! lol Thats a little far-fetched
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
East Ridge local kids get to watch Canadians play while they sit. Sounds fun for the young talent at ER. In one year the Canadians will be gone along with their coach.....leaving the young talent without a coach and no experience. Good Luck guys.
If this is true I think it's safe to say East Ridge wins region & makes a run at state. I'm curious to know if they are on an exchange program or will be here for a while.
I find it hard to believe that two players ranked that high would come to any school in Eastern Kentucky. If they was really that highly ranked and that good, why wouldn't they go somewhere they can get exposure? Eastern Kentucky has a massive home town following but what real impression would it make on a national level?
Canada, Texas, and New York are fertile grounds for mountain basketball. :wenumber1:phone::champ:

COAL FIELDS OR BUST!!!
Are they gonna raise the flag with the maple leaf on it prior to the games and invite the crowd to sing "Oh, Canada"?
Why would ER's Coach be gone next year?? I'm confused about that. And guys just because people say that these kids are that good doesn't mean it's true. I would have to see it to believe it. And ER is not that only school that has gotten transfers from other places.. Cordia got about 4 kids that transferred in, Pulaski Southwestern got a kid from Canada, Scott County gets recruits every year, Perry Central got a kid from NY, Knott Central took Camron Justice away from ER, and i'm sure etc.., etc..., etc... Maybe high school basketball will be better and more exciting to watch this year! I'm excited.
What's up James Hurley?
I would like to set the record straight about this situation, and I'm in a position to do that. Both of these boys were not recruited by anyone from East Ridge. Ray and Tony wanted a better opportunity in America and their guardian here would have given them that chance regardless if they could play basketball or not. I know many on here won't believe that, but that is the absolute truth. In reference to some of the postings about them "being gone" after one year, that is stupid and posted by someone who doesn't have a clue about either of the kids. As far as "what opportunities" they would have at East Ridge, well my comment is this; they have a boy who accepted a full scholarship to Harvard, so opportunities are where you find them and make the most of.
Wow!

That's all I'm going to say.
I also want to make this comment; I'm disappointed in the remarks about " Local kids sitting" I sure hope that isn't one of my former students. I look at this as a way for everyone to get better. Why do you think when someone good shows up that you have to sit? What will you do when you start working and your boss hires other people and a promotion comes up? Are you going to say; "well I'm from wherever and I should get it" I hate this attitude about giving for this reason or that. Work harder, EARN a spot!! This is a great opportunity for everyone involved, don't spoil it with a negative attitude.
Only time will tell..........I can promise you that I know a great deal about how it played out. I really do not have a problem with it other than I know several of the ER kids on a personal level and they will be watching instead of playing. Lets just wait and see what happens and go from there.
I believe it. Cordia has a canadian comin ranked like 31 on northpolehoops. Mountain basketball is definatley changin.
School Admin. Wrote:I would like to set the record straight about this situation, and I'm in a position to do that. Both of these boys were not recruited by anyone from East Ridge. Ray and Tony wanted a better opportunity in America and their guardian here would have given them that chance regardless if they could play basketball or not. I know many on here won't believe that, but that is the absolute truth. In reference to some of the postings about them "being gone" after one year, that is stupid and posted by someone who doesn't have a clue about either of the kids. As far as "what opportunities" they would have at East Ridge, well my comment is this; they have a boy who accepted a full scholarship to Harvard, so opportunities are where you find them and make the most of.
This sentence shoots down your whole paragraph. First you say that they wanted a better opportunity so they came to America, then you type that opportunities are where you find them. So, is Canada a third world country now? Nice try, I ain't buying that garbage.
new o Wrote:East Ridge local kids get to watch Canadians play while they sit. Sounds fun for the young talent at ER. In one year the Canadians will be gone along with their coach.....leaving the young talent without a coach and no experience. Good Luck guys.
Correct, not fair for the mountain Kids that work all summer, I really just making their self-esteem go down even more.
OU812 Wrote:Are they gonna raise the flag with the maple leaf on it prior to the games and invite the crowd to sing "Oh, Canada"?
I certainly hope so.
OU812 Wrote:This sentence shoots down your whole paragraph. First you say that they wanted a better opportunity so they came to America, then you type that opportunities are where you find them. So, is Canada a third world country now? Nice try, I ain't buying that garbage.

Don't buy it, don't read it. I could care less. These boys have NEVER PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL, they played on an AAU team so with that being said, they had to find an opportunity to get the exposure they needed. When you can actually talk about something, feel free to post, but in the meantime do some reading and learn something.
Only so long until you hear Brandon Bender's name come up...mark it down
I find it hard to believe that anything East Ridge's coach could do wouldv'e brought these boys here. There was no recruiting involved. Why they came idk but I doubt its recruiting.
Thank you School Admin. for clearing that up for me. I haven't watched high school basketball or kept up with it much last few years but I think I'll have to come watch these kids play this season. I think that may have just moved ER up to #2 if not #1 in the region.
School Admin. Wrote:Don't buy it, don't read it. I could care less. These boys have NEVER PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL, they played on an AAU team so with that being said, they had to find an opportunity to get the exposure they needed. When you can actually talk about something, feel free to post, but in the meantime do some reading and learn something.
Maybe you should climb over those mountains and realize that anyone whose real aspiration is to get exposure, the golden triangle is where you'd go. NKY, Louisville, Lexington. Media exposure, among other things, is where it's at and as nice a place as East Ridge is, I'm sure, exposure is highly limited. That angle is hogwash, try another. I'm sure as wonderfully intelligent as you've portrayed yourself, you can think of something better.

Meanwhile I guess I need to be better read, because I've obviously missed something. I think that if it looks like daffy duck, then, hell, it's a duck.
OU812 Wrote:Maybe you should climb over those mountains and realize that anyone whose real aspiration is to get exposure, the golden triangle is where you'd go. NKY, Louisville, Lexington. Media exposure, among other things, is where it's at and as nice a place as East Ridge is, I'm sure, exposure is highly limited. That angle is hogwash, try another. I'm sure as wonderfully intelligent as you've portrayed yourself, you can think of something better.

Meanwhile I guess I need to be better read, because I've obviously missed something. I think that if it looks like daffy duck, then, hell, it's a duck.

Exposure is highly limited? You know that Pike Co has roads these days, right? Phones, cars...even internet. It's not that hard to get exposure. Great high school basketball players all over the country do just fine finding a school while living in a lot more isolated places than Pike County.
School Admin. Wrote:Don't buy it, don't read it. I could care less. These boys have NEVER PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL, they played on an AAU team so with that being said, they had to find an opportunity to get the exposure they needed. When you can actually talk about something, feel free to post, but in the meantime do some reading and learn something.

So are you discrediting Canada's high school basketball system? Because I'm pretty sure Kasongo played for Mother Teresa Catholic Secondary School(thats high school) last year in Toronto. Bishop McNalley would like to differ on them not being a high school, that's where Tony Wolters attended. And yes there is stats for both playing basketball for them for those "high schools" if you care to google for them.

Then take a look at the picture attached, Look at what former UK recruit Braeden Anderson wrote on his wall, notice the video has player who played at Bishop McNally...why that's the school Tony Wolters is from! Coincidence?!?!?

Read about Bender's relationship with Canadian AAU'ers
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6453773
Maybe im the only one here, but it really is a done deal these guys are transfering to ER? Is there any reason other than they wanted exposer? I mean if they were dead set on coming to the mountains, even Pike County why didnt they go somewhere with a history of producing talent, even a team that compeated last year of the reigon. Like Shelby Valley or even a better choice in Pikeville?