Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 14th Region All "A" Tournament
Hazard has the best coach in the 14th region. His record and results speak. Hazard has a cake walk to the finals and a coach who can always find a way to win the big one. Hazard again in 2012.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Hazard has the best coach in the 14th region. His record and results speak. Hazard has a cake walk to the finals and a coach who can always find a way to win the big one. Hazard again in 2012.

No one can argue that. Untill proven otherwise you have to agree.
Buckhorn or Hazard.... No one else has a shot.. Hope Hazard can do it tho it would be 8 out of the last 9 years.
I don't think I've ever been more ready for Basketball season to start, so a lot of people WILL BE SHUT UP'ED.....
Buckhorn has to be the favorite from the 14th region and then I would maybe put Cordia ahead of Hazard at this point without seeing either teams play. Hazard will struggle this year and have a down year in my opinion.
ekff Wrote:Buckhorn or Hazard.... No one else has a shot.. Hope Hazard can do it tho it would be 8 out of the last 9 years.

LOL, that is why the games are played. Cordia dont have a shot? lol...have you seen them play to say they dont have a shot? Sometimes your bias of Hazard blinds you.
MVP2 Wrote:LOL, that is why the games are played. Cordia dont have a shot? lol...have you seen them play to say they dont have a shot? Sometimes your bias of Hazard blinds you.

Have you seen them play to say they are good>??????

Hazard is Hazard and no matter if they're so called "DOWN" they're still a top 5 team...

A DOWN Hazard team is still a 15 to 20 win team and a team to beat in the 14th....

Plz tell me I'm wrong?????
ekff Wrote:Have you seen them play to say they are good>??????

Hazard is Hazard and no matter if they're so called "DOWN" they're still a top 5 team...

Yeah, I have seen them play. I agree with you on Hazard being Hazard and a top 5 team but to say no other team has a shot I disagree.Cordia might not win, but they have just as good shot as Hazard to win. Buckhorn is better than both.Buckhorn SHOULD win the the All "A" in the 14th. As for Perry Central SHOULD win the 14th region but that is why the games are played.
MVP2 Wrote:Yeah, I have seen them play. I agree with you on Hazard being Hazard and a top 5 team but to say no other team has a shot I disagree.Cordia might not win, but they have just as good shot as Hazard to win. Buckhorn is better than both.Buckhorn SHOULD win the the All "A" in the 14th. As for Perry Central SHOULD win the 14th region but that is why the games are played.

I said Hazard or Buckhorn... And I agree Buckhorn SHOULD win All "A"...and duh everyone knows Perry SHOULD win the region... Because if I'd said it once I've said it a million times "THIS REGION WILL ALWAYS GO THROUGH PERRY COUNTY!"(Perry, and Hazard)....

But the FACT is you haven't seen Cordia play a game yet because no one has. Whats funny tho is everyone on here hates Hazard for a reason because even when we're "DOWN" we're still good. Just seems everyone on this thread has seemed to forget about Hazard and thinks is Corida and Buckhorn hands down. Hazard was "DOWN" last year and still won All "A".... But you'll all c come Jan or Feb and Hazard is still a team to beat.

Buckhorn and Cordia are teams still trying to find ways to win. And Hazard has been winning forever. And no matter what everyone on here thinks Hazard will continue to win.
ekff Wrote:I said Hazard or Buckhorn... And I agree Buckhorn SHOULD win All "A"...and duh everyone knows Perry SHOULD win the region... Because if I'd said it once I've said it a million times "THIS REGION WILL ALWAYS GO THROUGH PERRY COUNTY!"(Perry, and Hazard)....

But the FACT is you haven't seen Cordia play a game yet because no one has. Whats funny tho is everyone on here hates Hazard for a reason because even when we're "DOWN" we're still good. Just seems everyone on this thread has seemed to forget about Hazard and thinks is Corida and Buckhorn hands down. Hazard was "DOWN" last year and still won All "A".... But you'll all c come Jan or Feb and Hazard is still a team to beat.

Buckhorn and Cordia are teams still trying to find ways to win. And Hazard has been winning forever. And no matter what everyone on here thinks Hazard will continue to win.

Cordia bascially has their answer in rhodes and all the new talent he's brought to the team. No ones saying hazard won't be good just not as good as the past couple years. Buckhorn, cordia , and hazard are all equally rounded teams when it comes to talent imo. I agree cordia has to prove they can win. And anyone that's seen the team practice and play will say they have all the pieces to make for a strong team in the 14th. Rhodes has these guys in top shape from what I seen last night. Now we just wait til season opener.
with the brackets the way they are, I would think Hazard should be the favorite. Buckhorn and Leslie play each other in the round of 16. Winner plays the next night against Cordia in the final 8. The winner of that has a semi final game with, probably, Wolfe Co. Hazard, I think could see a competitive Lee Co. in the semis. Whomever Hazard faces could be a pretty tired team.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Cordia bascially has their answer in rhodes and all the new talent he's brought to the team. No ones saying hazard won't be good just not as good as the past couple years. Buckhorn, cordia , and hazard are all equally rounded teams when it comes to talent imo. I agree cordia has to prove they can win. And anyone that's seen the team practice and play will say they have all the pieces to make for a strong team in the 14th. Rhodes has these guys in top shape from what I seen last night. Now we just wait til season opener.
Cordia fans talking with a lot of swag, we will see come January. Rhodes can't play the game, nothing substitutes for big game experience and Cordia's team this year has none. Cordia has never advanced past the semi finals of the all A. Sounds as if cordia fans are counting their chickens before they hatch.
^not being cocky. Just by bringing Rhodes in to coach is the biggest prayer Cordia basketball could ask for. Cordia will surprise a lot of people. Dont have to be experienced to succeed under pressure, just ask braxton b.
Hazard and Buckhorn will play for the Championship of the All A Classic!

Cordia = Three Rivers Conference Champion-maybe!
Big Al never coached a team at PCC this bad, Buckhorn or Cordia will win, unless Big Al gets his refs he usually does and they cheat Buckhorn or Cordia out of it.
ballstar Wrote:I think Sumner had like 25 on HHS last yr with not alot of help. I think theirs more than just 3 players there this yr.

Considering Cordia had 4 people in double digits this game and and none of the 4 broke 20, I can't figure out why he didn't have any help? Sumner is a great offensive player but he showed last year how bad he is a defense, anyone can score on him. He actually had help but the team in general didn't have any size
Crazy Horse Wrote:Big Al never coached a team at PCC this bad, Buckhorn or Cordia will win, unless Big Al gets his refs he usually does and they cheat Buckhorn or Cordia out of it.

2006 - Perry team was pretty bad. Not much talent.

2007 - Perry team was the worst team in school history.. Lost 1st round of district to Buckhorn by 30.

Bj Combs would have been the best player on both those teams...

So I think Al has had worse teams before...
ekff Wrote:2006 - Perry team was pretty bad. Not much talent.

2007 - Perry team was the worst team in school history.. Lost 1st round of district to Buckhorn by 30.

Bj Combs would have been the best player on both those teams...

So I think Al has had worse teams before...

I agree with everything but the bold.
[quote=ekff]2006 - Perry team was pretty bad. Not much talent.

2007 - Perry team was the worst team in school history.. Lost 1st round of district to Buckhorn by 30. Bj Combs would have been the best player on both those teams...

Correct me if i am wrong, but even the 2007 team won 20 games including a road win over eventual regional champion June Buchanan about a week or so before the district tournament.
worker1 Wrote:[quote=ekff]2006 - Perry team was pretty bad. Not much talent.

2007 - Perry team was the worst team in school history.. Lost 1st round of district to Buckhorn by 30. Bj Combs would have been the best player on both those teams...

Correct me if i am wrong, but even the 2007 team won 20 games including a road win over eventual regional champion June Buchanan about a week or so before the district tournament.

Your right but lets look at those 20 wins....

2 - Jenkins - won 10 games
2 - Leslie - won 7 games
2 - Knott County - was bad
1 - Cordia - won 7 games
1 - Jackson City - won 9 games
1 - Sheldon Clark - won 6 games
1 - South Floyd - won 4 games
1 - Johnson Central - won 11 games
1 - Wolfe County - won 5 games
1 - Jackson County - 13-15

That's 13 wins against losing record teams...

Perry is just like Hazard when there down they still can beat most mountain teams....
Cordia couldn't beat Hazard if Rhodes plays with them.
Where is the evidence that Cordia is better then Hazard at this time.
^no evidence at all. Most of the people Thats seen Cordias new team and seen what hazard returns are saying Cordias a quicker an more talented team then hazard. It's just peoples opinion until the two teams meet. I understand people saying well no ones seen them play u can't say they will beat anyone, but I don't understand why people are saying Cordias gonna be the same team even tho they haven't seen the lions play at all, practice or pick up.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^no evidence at all. Most of the people Thats seen Cordias new team and seen what hazard returns are saying Cordias a quicker an more talented team then hazard. It's just peoples opinion until the two teams meet. I understand people saying well no ones seen them play u can't say they will beat anyone, but I don't understand why people are saying Cordias gonna be the same team even tho they haven't seen the lions play at all, practice or pick up.

I agree with u.... BUT thats the problem (in bold).... Everyone is saying Cordia is better then Hazard because they've seen Pick up ball..... Pick up means nothing at all.... It seems everyone wants to talk about what Hazard has coming back but they return a top 3 player in the region Bj Combs. So if where going to judge right now on PICK UP BALL... I'll take Hazard over anyone in the region in PICK UP BALL...
Since we're playing basketball in the court of opinion, I decided I would add my two cents worth. Everyone is saying this will be a down year for Hazard and I don't understand why they think that. Look at Coach Al's record, at MCN, PCC, and Hazard and you have to agree he's the best coach in the region, and we do have some good coaches in the region, not taking anything away from them, the record speaks for itself. Now let's look at some of the Hazard players. You have BJ and Jordon on the wings and 6'5 Evan Whitaker in the middle, along with a cascade of really good players that can play the point, shooting guard, along with other positions on the floor, and you try to tell me Hazard won 't be a contender and will have a down year..HOGWASH..
You can be the best coach/player in the world, but if your team doesn't have the horses to play in the games, it doesn't matter what kind of shape you are in, you just can't compete. You have to have some pretty good basketball talent to win here in the 14th region and from what I have seen, Cordia is very very young and don't have the talent or the experience to win right now! Not saying they haven't improved in the time they have spent with Rhodes, but you can't make chicken salad out of....... !!! I mean they were almost last in the region, you can't go from last to first over the summer with just a new coach and a couple of texans. Just because you can dunk, sure don't mean you can play! I guess we will all be anxious to see what is going on in the Lions Den come opening night, it will be time put up or shut up! With the easy schedule they have though, shouldn't be hard to put a bunch of wins together. Good luck to them.
Cordia will be one of the quckiest teams in the region and with the game plan Rhodes has I think they can beat teams in this region people wouldn't compare them to at this point. I'm not saying their gonna win region or anything like that. But Cordia being beat down by every other team isn't happening anymore. I've been around theses boys and the coaching staff daily since late july.I know what they can do if they play their game. And when I say they can compete with hhs I'm not just saying it to get embarassed come the all a. I'm stating what's true(if they follow rhodes game plan).
D1Recruiter Wrote:You can be the best coach/player in the world, but if your team doesn't have the horses to play in the games, it doesn't matter what kind of shape you are in, you just can't compete. You have to have some pretty good basketball talent to win here in the 14th region and from what I have seen, Cordia is very very young and don't have the talent or the experience to win right now! Not saying they haven't improved in the time they have spent with Rhodes, but you can't make chicken salad out of....... !!! I mean they were almost last in the region, you can't go from last to first over the summer with just a new coach and a couple of texans. Just because you can dunk, sure don't mean you can play! I guess we will all be anxious to see what is going on in the Lions Den come opening night, it will be time put up or shut up! With the easy schedule they have though, shouldn't be hard to put a bunch of wins together. Good luck to them.

Several of their loses were close games.
WALL2WALL Wrote:No part of that is wishful thinking if many of those boys don't play.

And key word....trying, they will not win the state title.

How's that Crow tasting WALL2WALL?
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:i doubt it! but if they do they will lose by 30 or more lol

Got you some Crow too, didn't you ole_blue_sack:biglmao: