Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Football
Everyone knows the arms twin isn't going to coach at paintsville. A mountain was made out of a mole hil with this subject. Myself and others gave him props for being a good young coach. Not once has anyone said he wanted to go to or was being asked to go to paintsville. I personally disagree with the matney statements. I think hes the best coach in the mountains besides Phillip haywood. Jc is taking all the football talent and is even taking over a paintsville thread lol
Don Carlo Wrote:The more you post on here the more you prove to all just how big of an idiot your are.

In the post of mine that you quoted, what in there makes me look like an idiot? The part where I said JC is one demensional on offense? The part where I said JC can't defend the pass? I guess there are 100's of idiots on this site cause 100's have said the exact same thing. I guess JC fans and coaches are the only smart ones.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Bob Seger Wrote:You are completely missing the point. I know for a fact that you are smarter than what you are acting like on here and you know exactly what I am getting at. What is going on with you today and why all this hatred?? I am trying to purvey the fact that Matney is willing to put the ball in the air and put it in the air a lot when he has the personel to do that. I would say it takes a pretty smart coach to be able to fashion his team with the talent that he has available and not try to do things with players that they are not capable of doing like taking a JK Ratliff or a Sean Music and trying to make Peyton Mannings out of them just so a bunch of simpletons can't get on a message board and criticize him for being one dimensional. He has had what seems to be an endless stable of premier running backs at his disposal, and that is what he has built his powerhouse program with. He wins ball games and a bunch of them doing it that way.

Yea he wins ball games and he has built JC into a dang good program, I have never said otherwise. Just imagine what JC could do if the opposing team didnt know what was coming at them every play.
Redneck Wrote:In the post of mine that you quoted, what in there makes me look like an idiot? The part where I said JC is one demensional on offense? The part where I said JC can't defend the pass? I guess there are 100's of idiots on this site cause 100's have said the exact same thing. I guess JC fans and coaches are the only smart ones.
If its as easy as you say why don't those other Northern Kentucky schools that have a passing system beat Highlands every year? When Matney was at SC he had some great passing teams. His system calls for a true tight end who is big and fast and can catch. For his system to be at its best he needs 2 guys like TB one to play fullback the other to play tight end. When Matney was at SC he had a huge TE and he would just shredd teams apart throwing to him. You are making yourself look like a idiot, your pointing out things Matney should work on when he has won 5 or 6 District titles and has his program facing off with one of the top 2 programs in the state histroy , while Paintsville is losing to Magoffin Co and was lucky to beat Jenkins your still happy with the Coach and his system lol. Magoffin will probably not even have Football next year. Old JD the play caller a real football genius, in HS playing Mantey's SC team JCHS is leading by 5 with 20 seconds left SC returns a kick for a TD but there is a flag on the play against SC. JD being QB and team caption walked over to the REFS and declines the penilty lol end of ballgame. What a football genius. My Sister & nephew are moving back to Paintville from Michigan, he runs 11.0 at 100 meters as freshmen and you can bet your bottom dollar he is not goin to Paintsville even though my sister is P-ville grad!
I will actually support Redneck about Matney and the JC program. JC was a football power waiting to happen all they needed was someone to get kids to buy in. Bear Bryant could coach at Paintsville and it wouldn't change that. Any school as loaded with athletes as JC is will be good once they have people buying in. As for Paintsville one of the other posters pointed out that Kinner is working with very little he has talent but no depth. The quarterback change would help immensely but other than that there is nothing that could really help. I'll bring the post death penalty SMU team into play here.

Paintsville is small but boy are they slow. There just aren't enough athletes to go between football and soccer. And Soccer wins for alot of the best athletes.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I will actually support Redneck about Matney and the JC program. JC was a football power waiting to happen all they needed was someone to get kids to buy in. Bear Bryant could coach at Paintsville and it wouldn't change that. Any school as loaded with athletes as JC is will be good once they have people buying in. As for Paintsville one of the other posters pointed out that Kinner is working with very little he has talent but no depth. The quarterback change would help immensely but other than that there is nothing that could really help. I'll bring the post death penalty SMU team into play here.

Paintsville is small but boy are they slow. There just aren't enough athletes to go between football and soccer. And Soccer wins for alot of the best athletes.
The veer relies on precision, execution, and smarts, rather than an advantage in athleticism, to score points. The ability of the QB to identify weakness in defensive alignment is paramount, as the veer can take quick advantage of a defensive misalignment. The veer also can be used with great effect when offensive line is a strength of the team. Its not that I think Kinner is a bad coach, his system is what is bad.
honestjchsfan Wrote:The veer relies on precision, execution, and smarts, rather than an advantage in athleticism, to score points. The ability of the QB to identify weakness in defensive alignment is paramount, as the veer can take quick advantage of a defensive misalignment. The veer also can be used with great effect when offensive line is a strength of the team. Its not that I think Kinner is a bad coach, his system is what is bad.

Well see the problem is right there for paintsville
honestjchsfan Wrote:If its as easy as you say why don't those other Northern Kentucky schools that have a passing system beat Highlands every year? When Matney was at SC he had some great passing teams. His system calls for a true tight end who is big and fast and can catch. For his system to be at its best he needs 2 guys like TB one to play fullback the other to play tight end. When Matney was at SC he had a huge TE and he would just shredd teams apart throwing to him. You are making yourself look like a idiot, your pointing out things Matney should work on when he has won 5 or 6 District titles and has his program facing off with one of the top 2 programs in the state histroy , while Paintsville is losing to Magoffin Co and was lucky to beat Jenkins your still happy with the Coach and his system lol. Magoffin will probably not even have Football next year. Old JD the play caller a real football genius, in HS playing Mantey's SC team JCHS is leading by 5 with 20 seconds left SC returns a kick for a TD but there is a flag on the play against SC. JD being QB and team caption walked over to the REFS and declines the penilty lol end of ballgame. What a football genius. My Sister & nephew are moving back to Paintville from Michigan, he runs 11.0 at 100 meters as freshmen and you can bet your bottom dollar he is not goin to Paintsville even though my sister is P-ville grad!

Please show me where I have said I was happy with what's going on at Paintsville, and PLEASE show me where I have supported JD being on the sidelines and calling the plays. I went and watched Paintsville scrimmage Phelps/Knott and seen what was going on and I haven't been back. So please go back thru every post I have made and show me. You're right though, I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot for thinking the same things that 100's of others have posted on this site.
Redneck Wrote:What exactly is Justin learning from Matney? How to be one demensional on offense and play nothing but man to man defense which gets them beat in the playoffs every year by good passing teams. Justin got his knowledge by playing for the best defensive back coach in KY, Joe Chirico, and from our defensive coaches we had at Pikeville College, Kreager and Smalls. Paintsville promised Justin an interview for the head baseball job when it was open, and he never heard from them. Justin does know his shit though and will make a great head coach one day, if he decides not to be a principal instead.

It's been quite a while since I had heard from Justin. Last time I spoke with him, he was going up for the D-Cord at East Ridge with Brad back in '08. Good to hear he has a job at JC.
Kinner has been a waste ever sense he started coaching! I personally feel they will not have a good program until they get a new coach in. How many years is it going to take before they stop blaming other coaches and kids. He is the head coach and he doesn't know how to be a leader. His performance as a teacher is poor as well. :ChairHit:
If Paintsville can keep from turning the ball over I think they can pull this one out. Paintsville has done nothing to make me feel this way but I just have a feeling on this one.