Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2011 Boys' Kentucky All-Star team
MVP2 Wrote:Is Cody Zeller playing for Indiana?

Yes he is as well as all their other top D1 prospects...
PHSForever Wrote:Nice little team, but you can not convince me that Hobo McCoy disn't deserve to be on there. This kid led the state in scoring, is as pure of a shooter as I've seen in a long time. I saw him play 4 times this year alone, as well as seeing a bunch of other teams from around the state play, this kid could have played for any of those teams. Not from Pikeville High School, but I give props to good players no matter where they are from. HE may have had a bad tryout, but body of work over the whole season should be factored in as well.

He couldn't get a shot off at the tryout. He was overwhelmed by the athleticism.
HD28 Wrote:He couldn't get a shot off at the tryout. He was overwhelmed by the athleticism.

What most of you have to realize is that a lot of these kids that have great stat lines out of Eastern Kentucky as a result of playing against less athletic talent and having more team oriented coaching. They are very good players, but in an All Star type atmosphere where they have to be able to create shots for themselves, it tends to be tougher for them. Still a very good player just not what they are looking for in an All Star game.

http://www.5StarEliteSports.com
HD28 Wrote:He couldn't get a shot off at the tryout. He was overwhelmed by the athleticism.

He was hurt...
idk what it is with you, you must just be a hater.
The kid avg. 31.5 pts per game, shooting an average of 20 shots a game.
You cant say that he is not a great player. He signed with Pikeville before he even stepped on the floor his senior year. There were tons of D1 teams that came in on him after the season but he loves Coach Wells and is loyal. So just keep talking and running your mouth. You can come watch him play for Pikeville next year and Defend a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!