Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County Lady Rockets Sweet 16 Champions
Congrats Lady Rockets.:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:::rockon:: Sure I am going to miss watching you gals play together.
This is a great story and I am very happy for the community, school and players of the ROCK. This bunch of girls deserve it and no doubt have made the mountains proud. This now makes 5 of statechampionships for the area in 3 years!!!!
Congrats Rock!! Very deserving!!
Congrats Rock! And you all have been my pick the entire season and you didn't prove me wrong.
Congratulations to Rockcastle from a Manual fan. I was at the game. Wow what a game. Obviously disappointed for Manual but Rockcastle is the real deal and very deserving. Great team and well coached. Sara Hammonds is the best player we saw all year and Manual played and beat some of the top teams in the country. #15 hit clutch shots the entire second half after Hammond's great first half. Great win for the program and the area.
I'm not going to say one way or another which is better, Feilds or Hammond, however, this I do know about Hammond...offered scholarships from UCLA, Texas, North Carolina, Xavier, West Virginia, NC State, Maryland, LSU, Georgia(the list is too long to go on, actually offered scholarships by over 1/2 of the teams ranked in final top 25 poll) and did I mention UCONN...Gatorade Player of the Year, a McDonald's All-American, Sweet 16 MVP(averaged 19.7 points, 12 rbs, 2.5 blocks in tournament), her 26 in title game tied for 2nd most in a title game, and she's not a person who looks to take 25 shots a game...led her team to a 36-1 record(only loss was to Mt. Juliet, TN, ranked #2 in Tennessee, a game which ROCK led 28-19 at the half), the best "communicator" on the floor of any girl player I've ever seen, would rather involve her teammates than score herself. Will go down as all time leading scorer(over 2,100 points) in RCHS histoyr, over 1,600 rebounds, and over 500 block shots.
Rocketown Wrote:I'm not going to say one way or another which is better, Feilds or Hammond, however, this I do know about Hammond...offered scholarships from UCLA, Texas, North Carolina, Xavier, West Virginia, NC State, Maryland, LSU, Georgia(the list is too long to go on, actually offered scholarships by over 1/2 of the teams ranked in final top 25 poll) and did I mention UCONN...Gatorade Player of the Year, a McDonald's All-American, Sweet 16 MVP(averaged 19.7 points, 12 rbs, 2.5 blocks in tournament), her 26 in title game tied for 2nd most in a title game, and she's not a person who looks to take 25 shots a game...led her team to a 36-1 record(only loss was to Mt. Juliet, TN, ranked #2 in Tennessee, a game which ROCK led 28-19 at the half), the best "communicator" on the floor of any girl player I've ever seen, would rather involve her teammates than score herself. Will go down as all time leading scorer(over 2,100 points) in RCHS histoyr, over 1,600 rebounds, and over 500 block shots.

Impressive!
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Congrats Lady Rockets!!!! Wow one loss on the season & it was to the Florida State Champs. Eastern Ky is proud.

It Tennessee state Champs. but still lol. I think sara hammonds jersey should be retired.
Congrats to the Lady Rockets, great season!
Rocketown Wrote:I'm not going to say one way or another which is better, Feilds or Hammond, however, this I do know about Hammond...offered scholarships from UCLA, Texas, North Carolina, Xavier, West Virginia, NC State, Maryland, LSU, Georgia(the list is too long to go on, actually offered scholarships by over 1/2 of the teams ranked in final top 25 poll) and did I mention UCONN...Gatorade Player of the Year, a McDonald's All-American, Sweet 16 MVP(averaged 19.7 points, 12 rbs, 2.5 blocks in tournament), her 26 in title game tied for 2nd most in a title game, and she's not a person who looks to take 25 shots a game...led her team to a 36-1 record(only loss was to Mt. Juliet, TN, ranked #2 in Tennessee, a game which ROCK led 28-19 at the half), the best "communicator" on the floor of any girl player I've ever seen, would rather involve her teammates than score herself. Will go down as all time leading scorer(over 2,100 points) in RCHS histoyr, over 1,600 rebounds, and over 500 block shots.

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:It Tennessee state Champs. but still lol. I think sara hammonds jersey should be retired.

How long do they have to wait to do it? How many more points does she have than Cindy McCauley (I think that was the player than went to Marshall)
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:It Tennessee state Champs. but still lol. I think sara hammonds jersey should be retired.

Actually Mt. Juliet lost in the regional semifinals to Wilson Central, but they still went 29-3 and had a great season. But, Rockcastle County did beat the Class A State Runner-up North Greene 66-37.
It is good to see public schools winning state championship. How many since they turn down the proposal to separate have they had a public school win the title?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:It is good to see public schools winning state championship. How many since they turn down the proposal to separate have they had a public school win the title?

http://www.khsaa.org/records/basketball/...inners.pdf

This is a link to all past winners. I would just tell you how many, but I do not know the year of the proposal or which schools are for sure private and not independent or public. Hope this helps.

If you don't want to look it up, the past 5 champs (not including Rock) are: Mercy, Iriquois, Butler, Lexington Christian, Lexington Catholic (2 in a row and the championship before S.H's run of 3 straight), Sacred Heart (3 in a row).
Is Mercy, Iriquois, and Butler a private school?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Butler is a public high school. I don't know about the others.
I was there on the sidelines for that game. It was amazing, I screamed my lungs out and then some. Definitely an awesome experience.
Way to go Lady Rockets!!!!! Made our 12th region very very proud and I just love your coach. She is off the chain!