Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County Lady Rockets Sweet 16 Champions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rock Defeats Manual 62-60 (OT). Angie Lawerence Makes A Shot With .5 tints of a second left.

WAY TO GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!

I Was Cheering For You All, All The Way
Words can't describe that shot. She just threw it toward the basket with time running out. I'm not sure her right foot ever left the floor. Great win for Rockcastle but has to be a bad feeling for Manual to have played great defense for nearly 2 minutes and get beat on a shot like that with a second left.

Congrats to Rockcastle
Congrats Lady Rockets
Great Job Lady Rockets!
Congrats really was one of the best state title games I can remember watching !!!
Congrats to the Lady Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Rock, you deserve it.
From the class of 79, congratulations on a hard fought and disciplined victory.
WOW! Just got back home from Bowling Green.

36-1 and undefeated in the state of Kentucky for the Lady Rockets!

I may be guilty of being prisoner of the moment, but that was the best girls basketball game I have ever watch. (Considering the magnitude, score, tempo and lead changes, one team fighting back, the other team refusing to lose, etc...)

Sara had at LEAST 25 points and 10 rebounds, AT LEAST. Played like an All-American.
Congrats Rock, way to bring one back to SE KY.
LWC Wrote:WOW! Just got back home from Bowling Green.

36-1 and undefeated in the state of Kentucky for the Lady Rockets!

I may be guilty of being prisoner of the moment, but that was the best girls basketball game I have ever watch. (Considering the magnitude, score, tempo and lead changes, one team fighting back, the other team refusing to lose, etc...)

Sara had at LEAST 25 points and 10 rebounds, AT LEAST. Played like an All-American.

LWC - I said the same thing. I took my girls to the sweet sixteen again for the 3rd year, and it was the best Championship game I have ever seen. Was there from Thursday Night through the Championship game, and Sara Hammonds was in a class by herself!! There was Sara and everybody else. If she is not Miss Basketball, they might as well stop handing out the award!!
Congrats Rockets, what a way to win it girlz!!!!!
The mountains are getting represented. SV last season and Rockastle this season.
Congrats to the Lady Rockets.
Very impressive with the Rockets run.
Come on.. Congrats Rockcastle County! Redemption!
Congrats ROCK!
BigEastZebra Wrote:LWC - Sara Hammonds was in a class by herself!! There was Sara and everybody else. If she is not Miss Basketball, they might as well stop handing out the award!!

:dontthink

Avery Fields was better h to h
Way to go ROCK!!!
who all made All Tournament Team
Congrats to the Lady Rockets! It's good to see a 12th Region team win it all.
Congrats Lady Rockets
MayfieldCardinal Wrote::dontthink

Avery Fields was better h to h

I was at the game. Not to take anything away from Fields BUT a LOT of her points came when she had mismatches. Many times Sara would guard the other big because she had foul trouble.

Also I don't want to blame the refs because they were MUCH better than last year, but I don't see how Fields did not commit a single foul during the entire Rockcastle game. Impossible. When she was guarded by Sara she took it right at her because Sara would have to play smart because of the fouls.

With all that said, Fields is definitely one of the Top 5 players in the state. I put a small committee together and we called her a pre-season All-State player, right here on Bluegrassrivals.com. I even said that she would show the state just how good she was during this tournament but Sara is still the best player in the State and should be an almost unanimous Miss Basketball.

(I may have just a little bias Big Grin but many would agree with me)
BigEastZebra Wrote:LWC - I said the same thing. I took my girls to the sweet sixteen again for the 3rd year, and it was the best Championship game I have ever seen. Was there from Thursday Night through the Championship game, and Sara Hammonds was in a class by herself!! There was Sara and everybody else. If she is not Miss Basketball, they might as well stop handing out the award!!

Averee Fields is a very good player as well, but I do think that Sara is a little bit better. They can both shoot the ball very well. I was also very impressed by the play of Makayla Epps. Marion County will probably win a championship before she graduates.
I have followed this paticular bunch of Rockcastle players for the last (4) four years.
I have followed Coach Noble since my daughter went with them to a BB camp in the summer of 91 while my daughter played for Estill Co..Coach Noble and her players treated
my daughter as if she was one of their own.My self and my wife have kept in touch with Coach Noble thru the years,and I have had the privilege of having a friend from Rockcastle Co.and watching his daughter grow into a fantastic player for the Rock.I watched her as she attempted (2) two free throws with knees knockin and nerves shot-but missing them both.Those missed foul shots sent Rockcastle home that year from State.She of course was crushed-her family helpless in trying to lift her.BUT-Self redemption is soooooo sweeeeettttt as this same player went to the foul line and SANK (4) four free throws in a row and then MADE THE WINNING SHOT IN OVERTIME TO WIN WIN WIN THE STATE TOURNAMENT.My excitement and happiness for all the players and coaching staff are at the ultimate level-but I ask you to let me be a bit selfish to extend
a MASSIVE AND OH-SO-PROUD OF YOU TO MS.ANGIE LAWRENCE. I will be watching you play at Georgetown College and Ill be watching you too SARA at Louisville.Again congrats.
P.S. also-all you Rock fans you were great keep it up and try to remember this is comming from the FATHER and Father in Law of Scott Co. Coaches.A fan of Basketball-period.
Congrats Lady Rockets.
I still have not been to bed!:letsparty:beavis::1: State Champs. Congrats girls, you earned it.
Congratulations to the Rockcastle Co girls and Coach Noble. I knew one was coming one of these days.
Congratulations to the Lady Rockets for bringing the state title back to Eastern Kentucky. Coach Noble is a classy person for whom I had classes with at Morehead. Her last name was Beaver at that time. I do believe she played high school ball at Phelps High School. For our notorious poster who demeans mountain and Eastern Kentucky teams and toots the Manual horn. HA HA
Congrats Lady Rockets!!!! Wow one loss on the season & it was to the Florida State Champs. Eastern Ky is proud.
Bluemoon Wrote:I have followed this paticular bunch of Rockcastle players for the last (4) four years.
I have followed Coach Noble since my daughter went with them to a BB camp in the summer of 91 while my daughter played for Estill Co..Coach Noble and her players treated
my daughter as if she was one of their own.My self and my wife have kept in touch with Coach Noble thru the years,and I have had the privilege of having a friend from Rockcastle Co.and watching his daughter grow into a fantastic player for the Rock.I watched her as she attempted (2) two free throws with knees knockin and nerves shot-but missing them both.Those missed foul shots sent Rockcastle home that year from State.She of course was crushed-her family helpless in trying to lift her.BUT-Self redemption is soooooo sweeeeettttt as this same player went to the foul line and SANK (4) four free throws in a row and then MADE THE WINNING SHOT IN OVERTIME TO WIN WIN WIN THE STATE TOURNAMENT.My excitement and happiness for all the players and coaching staff are at the ultimate level-but I ask you to let me be a bit selfish to extend
a MASSIVE AND OH-SO-PROUD OF YOU TO MS.ANGIE LAWRENCE. I will be watching you play at Georgetown College and Ill be watching you too SARA at Louisville.Again congrats.
P.S. also-all you Rock fans you were great keep it up and try to remember this is comming from the FATHER and Father in Law of Scott Co. Coaches.A fan of Basketball-period.

:Clap: Enjoyed your post.
Pages: 1 2