Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
New players and Coaches are coming to help Bobcats, 3 coaches and new Qb will make team much better and a new Dc knowing how to get the defense in what they should be playing will make the Bobcats so much better just hope change is on way cause fans are tired of running style of ball,if they keep that up plenty will be going south and watching one of Breathitts former player/coach Justin Haddix @ Perry Co.Central,you know his Qb's will be slinging it around all over the field and kids and fans having fun!!Go D'oers!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:New players and Coaches are coming to help Bobcats, 3 coaches and new Qb will make team much better and a new Dc knowing how to get the defense in what they should be playing will make the Bobcats so much better just hope change is on way cause fans are tired of running style of ball,if they keep that up plenty will be going south and watching one of Breathitts former player/coach Justin Haddix @ Perry Co.Central,you know his Qb's will be slinging it around all over the field and kids and fans having fun!!Go D'oers!!

Who is Breathitt going to bring in as the new DC? The only coach that has joined from last years season so far is Glen gross.
Gross is a middle school coach Helper,not at high school level!!
Roark from Middlesboro.
BOBCAT Wrote:Roark from Middlesboro.

has he been hired at BC???
Csportsman11 Wrote:New players and Coaches are coming to help Bobcats, 3 coaches and new Qb will make team much better and a new Dc knowing how to get the defense in what they should be playing will make the Bobcats so much better just hope change is on way cause fans are tired of running style of ball,if they keep that up plenty will be going south and watching one of Breathitts former player/coach Justin Haddix @ Perry Co.Central,you know his Qb's will be slinging it around all over the field and kids and fans having fun!!Go D'oers!!

I agree. We need a defensive cordinator who has experience and is a proven coach. I think last year we didn't have that in our defensive cordinator. I am not knocking Coach Back, I am simply saying he was an offensive line coach for years and he was out of his realm coaching on the defensive side of the ball last year. Roark is a proven coach with a lot of experience. Roark will not only bring his knowledge of the game to Breathitt if hired, he will also bring his talented son who would fit in very well with Holcomb's spread offense. I hope Breathitt makes this hire because it would be something positive for the program with all of the negative things that have happened in this off season.
The football team just had their Lift-A-Thon last night. Had some pretty good numbers on the weights. Jarrod Wolfe won the Whole thing overall, along with his weight class. He had 460 on squat, 380 on bench, and 210 on power cling. We also had an 8th grader-Tavis smith squat 450 pounds last night. I cant wait to see wat he squats in a couple years! Overall we had a pretty good showing.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:The football team just had their Lift-A-Thon last night. Had some pretty good numbers on the weights. Jarrod Wolfe won the Whole thing overall, along with his weight class. He had 460 on squat, 380 on bench, and 210 on power cling. We also had an 8th grader-Tavis smith squat 450 pounds last night. I cant wait to see wat he squats in a couple years! Overall we had a pretty good showing.

I know the Wolfe kid is a beast but who else among the varsity players stood out in the weight room?
I dont think there was anyone besides Wolfe who really stood out. Here are probably the others who did the best.
Tyler smith(sophmore) had 285 on bench
Kody pritchard had 275(junior) on bench
Dustin sumner(sophmore) had 300 on bench

* I take that back, Josh fletcher did very well, but im not sure of his numbers.
Does any one know who the starting Quarterback is at this time for the bobcats and is there any new kids that have came out this year?
Cat Daddy Wrote:Does any one know who the starting Quarterback is at this time for the bobcats and is there any new kids that have came out this year?

Iv heard so many different things i have just gave up on finding out who will start next year. Iv heard that Kyle huff was transferring to PCC to play for justin haddix. The reason supposedly behind that is that Holcomb said Tent was going to start over Huff next season. I have no clue if there is any truth, so i guess we will just have to wait and see. Huff does have a great arm though, i got to see him throw the other day and the kid can bomb the ball with a perfect spiral. I think Trent would be better suited as a Running back, he is a good Qb, but doesnt have the arm Huff has.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Iv heard so many different things i have just gave up on finding out who will start next year. Iv heard that Kyle huff was transferring to PCC to play for justin haddix. The reason supposedly behind that is that Holcomb said Tent was going to start over Huff next season. I have no clue if there is any truth, so i guess we will just have to wait and see. Huff does have a great arm though, i got to see him throw the other day and the kid can bomb the ball with a perfect spiral. I think Trent would be better suited as a Running back, he is a good Qb, but doesnt have the arm Huff has.
Is it that easy to just transfer to another county and play? Seems like a character problem with the kid if he wants to run from a challenge rather than attempt to prove to the coach that he deserves the spot.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Is it that easy to just transfer to another county and play? Seems like a character problem with the kid if he wants to run from a challenge rather than attempt to prove to the coach that he deserves the spot.

The transfer rules are a joke. If your family has money and knows a few people, then you can go and play where ever you want. And Kyle Huff definitely does not have a character problem. Like i said that was just a rumor, don't believe everything you hear.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:The transfer rules are a joke. If your family has money and knows a few people, then you can go and play where ever you want. And Kyle Huff definitely does not have a character problem. Like i said that was just a rumor, don't believe everything you hear.
:Thumbs:
Did Kyle huff transfer to PCC? I have from a very reliable source that he was going to transfer with his cousin Kendal noble this week. I hear that he would have the starting QB spot there, and have heard that he has even went up to PCC and worked out before. I did not see either of them today, so i was just curious.
ttt
From what I have been reading on BGR, I am inclined to believe that all this transferring is definitely detrimental to Eastern Kentucky football. What are the rules? What role does the Kentucky Athletic Assoc. play in this situation?

I read a lot about Pikeville Central regarding the transfer scenario and am not sure what to make of it. It sounds as if they are in full recruiting mode. Is this the situation? I am just wondering, for I have no ax to grind; I have absolutely no ties with Breathitt County or Pikeville Central. But I believe that someone (in authority) should review and clarify what's going on.

I am hoping that what I'm reading on BGR is just rumor and Breathitt and Pikeville Central keep "their own" players. Good luck in 2010 to both.
To my knowledge Breathitt has lost one player to Pike Central, the Shouse kid who's parents got a divorce and the mother relocated. Previous post would have you believe that Breathitt's entire freshman class was at Pike Central, not true, gossip and rumors. Recruiting is a serious violation and the people that have posted these accusations should know the facts of what their posting before they post. These are kids their gossiping about. People should not speculate before they know the facts.
How many people move out of a school district every year, why do people only start rumors about the athletes. I think the accusations of recruiting on Blue Grass Rivals need to stop. Just my opinion.
the kids that transfer won't they have to sit out a year?? i know of Cory Shouse and Kyle Huff transferring, who is has or is transferring and wouldn't that hurt Breathitt this season???
Any time a team looses a player it hurts. If the transfer kids have legitimate moves they should not have to sit out a year. People move all the time and it's not a big deal unless their child is an athlete.
Kentucky Sports Fan Wrote:Any time a team looses a player it hurts. If the transfer kids have legitimate moves they should not have to sit out a year. People move all the time and it's not a big deal unless their child is an athlete.

If the kid played any varsity does he have to sit or does a legit change of address make him eligible?
A legit change of address makes them eligible.
If Roark is going to be your D-cord you may be in for a long year.
attacktheV Wrote:If Roark is going to be your D-cord you may be in for a long year.

That rumor was supposedly started to try and lure kyle huff to play football at PCC, because if Roark came he would bring his son and thus Kyle would lose his Starting QB position at Breathitt.
Talked with some of the football players i know this weekend and they said we have a kid who is transferring from LCA. Said he was a running back and linebacker this past season there. Hopefully he will be able to come in and play for us.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Talked with some of the football players i know this weekend and they said we have a kid who is transferring from LCA. Said he was a running back and linebacker this past season there. Hopefully he will be able to come in and play for us.

He is here and also a kid from Wolfe County too.Hear we ARE getting a QB from Middleboro and a coach too.
BOBCAT Wrote:He is here and also a kid from Wolfe County too.Hear we ARE getting a QB from Middleboro and a coach too.

Im glad to hear that is true, we need a D coordinator badly. When are they supposed to actually arrive at Breathitt? They need to get her soon so the new coach and his son can get used to the players an vise versa.
Talk is Collins from LCC is here and Roark is looking for a place in Jackson,so help is on the way soon,Bobcatville is rumbling along where is line not many too help skilled kids....LOL!
I was just told by someone who is very close to the program that Roark backed out on the Breathitt job...
Must be nice to recruit!:notworthy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5