Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County back to 3A in 2010?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My boss told me this morning he is 99% sure Boyle will be going back to 3a next year.He was chairman of the boyle co. school board for many years,and is good friends with the a/d. he is also still very involved in the program at boyle.so when he tells me something like this he probably knows what he is talking about.
Is their enrollment dropping????? I thought they were in the middle of the pack as far as 4A numbers?
Maybe in 2011 but not 2010.
they have 461 boys
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Is their enrollment dropping????? I thought they were in the middle of the pack as far as 4A numbers?

When it was a 4 class sytem Boyle used to hover between 2A and 3A as they won State Titles in both classifications. That was some years back, but it is conceivable that Boyle's enrollment isn't much different than a few of the other current 3A teams.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:When it was a 4 class sytem Boyle used to hover between 2A and 3A as they won State Titles in both classifications. That was some years back, but it is conceivable that Boyle's enrollment isn't much different than a few of the other current 3A teams.

I could see where several schools may move down or move up. Bell's numbers are down more every year. I would say they're really close to an enrollment equivalent to a 3A school. I'm sure there's more as well.
easyM Wrote:I could see where several schools may move down or move up. Bell's numbers are down more every year. I would say they're really close to an enrollment equivalent to a 3A school. I'm sure there's more as well.

In the old class system 2A used to be the transitional class. The old 2A frequently had teams moving up from 1A and down from 3A due to enrollment flux. With the new class sytem it seems like 3A is now the new class full of fluctuation. It also is full of mountain teams, which willa lways fluctuate more than some areas of the state depending on the economy and coal.
There are 107 boys on Boyle, dont know why Boyle would drop to 3A, enrollment in overall school isnt down.

GO REBELS!!!!:1:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In the old class system 2A used to be the transitional class. The old 2A frequently had teams moving up from 1A and down from 3A due to enrollment flux. With the new class sytem it seems like 3A is now the new class full of fluctuation. It also is full of mountain teams, which willa lways fluctuate more than some areas of the state depending on the economy and coal.

It does seem to be the one in fluctuation the most. And, you are right for the reasons why. I don't think that will change anytime soon either. You never know in eastern ky.
Sheriik Wrote:There are 107 boys on Boyle, dont know why Boyle would drop to 3A, enrollment in overall school isnt down.

GO REBELS!!!!:1:

It has nothing to do with the size of your roster. It is based on the amount of boys in school.
William Muney Wrote:It has nothing to do with the size of your roster. It is based on the amount of boys in school.
Thats true but a typical 3a team doesn't dress 107 either.
I wouldn't be sad if they moved down to 3A :biggrin:
I just hope they move Corbin to 4A. Then they can't run anymore!!
overall the enrollment is down.we have had several factories close over the last few years in the county,therefor we have had alot of families leave the area for jobs elsewhere.Danville christian academy has opened,and it will draw students from both danville and boyle.Boyle has been in the bottom of 4a for a while numbers wise.im not saying its a done deal,but it looks like it will happen.The reason we have over 100 kids is because coach french has worked his tail off getting kids to play that normally dont. he has really got the intrest back up in football.
What are the numbers to be 1A, 2A, 3A etc... Does someone have a link to info like that?
If Boyle wants to move, i will help them pack
School stats for 2008 are http://www.schoolmatters.com/schools.asp.../sid=71879. 888 students.
Is this true? Boyle will be unstoppable in 3A this will be a huge change.. Who else might be changing??
BobCatFan29 Wrote:Is this true? Boyle will be unstoppable in 3A this will be a huge change.. Who else might be changing??
It might be true after the 2010 season but not before.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:It might be true after the 2010 season but not before.
When is the next realignment? I know Breathitt has changed their high school to 10-12 to get under the 2A limit. SMS is now 8-9 and LBJ elem is now k-7
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:When is the next realignment? I know Breathitt has changed their high school to 10-12 to get under the 2A limit. SMS is now 8-9 and LBJ elem is now k-7
Next alignment will be in 2011
me either would make bells chances of getting to state alot easier...
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Next alignment will be in 2011

I thought that too, thus there is no way that the schools will drop next year.
I was mistaken about the year,he told me this afternoon that it would be after next season.they expect the number of boys to be lower after graduation this year,and expect to possibly lose more students to D.C.A. next year.
It will happen but probably not until '13. It will take a couple of more years to get the lower numbers into the system. The big decline starts with this years 8 th grade.
Wow Boyle Co would win State every year in 3A!! Congrats tonight Jack on the big win. I will be the first to eat crow. LOL.. Thought Lafayette would give you guys a good game considering they beat Henry Clay last week!
id hate to see one of the best regardless of class drop to a lower bracket--im not sure but its overall enrollment not number of boys that determines classification its technicly a coed sport if the young lady wants to play with a helmet and pads theres nothing to stop her. i do understand the reason for the different classes but when it comes down to it you can only put 11 on the field at a time.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Wow Boyle Co would win State every year in 3A!! Congrats tonight Jack on the big win. I will be the first to eat crow. LOL.. Thought Lafayette would give you guys a good game considering they beat Henry Clay last week!

If Lou. Central and Belfry are still in 3A then I doubt it. They will be in the mix every year certainly, and definitiely wina title or two, but you have severely discredited two teams who have fielded a better team than Boyle the majority of this decade.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:When is the next realignment? I know Breathitt has changed their high school to 10-12 to get under the 2A limit. SMS is now 8-9 and LBJ elem is now k-7

If I am not mistaken, the way the kHSAA estimates enrollment numbers for classificiation this doesn't even matter?
I heard rumors this is not confirmed that Boyle would drop to 3A and Lou Central would go up to 4A
Pages: 1 2 3