Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County back to 3A in 2010?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
joethegreek Wrote:I heard rumors this is not confirmed that Boyle would drop to 3A and Lou Central would go up to 4A

we dont want rumors joe,lol, get it done ole buddy find out and let us know,ok?
let them come back, you want to beat the best to get your title...
If this happens it will be in 2011. I just don't see Boyle dropping a class even if they can. I think they will stay put in 4A.
cuppett777 Wrote:let them come back, you want to beat the best to get your title...

LMAO props my man how do you get your pants on when there that big:flame:
Rebel55 Wrote:If this happens it will be in 2011. I just don't see Boyle dropping a class even if they can. I think they will stay put in 4A.

i agree look at highlands check there school population i think there actually sopossed to be 2a------you can only put 11 on the field at a time.
hope they do
I dont see this happening
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If Lou. Central and Belfry are still in 3A then I doubt it. They will be in the mix every year certainly, and definitiely wina title or two, but you have severely discredited two teams who have fielded a better team than Boyle the majority of this decade.

Do you realize Boyle has won 5 state titles and played in six straight state title games this decade,and in a six year span only lost 3 games.French has only lost one game in a season and a half.you could put belfry and centrals wins and titles togather,and still wouldnt come close to what Boyle has done this decade.you severely discredited Boyle county.not to mention at one pont they were ranked in the top 10 nationaly.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Do you realize Boyle has won 5 state titles and played in six straight state title games this decade,and in a six year span only lost 3 games.French has only lost one game in a season and a half.you could put belfry and centrals wins and titles togather,and still wouldnt come close to what Boyle has done this decade.you severely discredited Boyle county.not to mention at one pont they were ranked in the top 10 nationaly.

YEAAAH JACK! I love reading your post!:worthy:
I wonder if he knows Boyle had a 48 game win streak during that time span.
One would hope that this is not a decision any athletic program gets to make. Isn't there and official tally of students that has to happen in order to compete at a certain level?
Jack Lambert Wrote:I wonder if he knows Boyle had a 48 game win streak during that time span.
They have been very tough!
Jack Lambert Wrote:I wonder if he knows Boyle had a 48 game win streak during that time span.

47, but who's counting?
My bad,would have been 48 if it wasnt for kelvin turner, and those pesky admirals.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Do you realize Boyle has won 5 state titles and played in six straight state title games this decade,and in a six year span only lost 3 games.French has only lost one game in a season and a half.you could put belfry and centrals wins and titles togather,and still wouldnt come close to what Boyle has done this decade.you severely discredited Boyle county.not to mention at one pont they were ranked in the top 10 nationaly.

I'll play along:

Boyle 111 wins, 5 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up
Belfry + Central 181 wins, 4 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up

For the sake of arguement, in the past 5 years thru this season:
Boyle: 53 wins, 0 State Titles, 1 Runner-Ip, 2 Semi-Finals
Belfry: 67 wins, 1 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up, 5 Semi-Finals
Central (who pound for pound has played the toughest schedule in the state):
51 wins, 2 State Titles, 3 Semi-Finals

Unlike you, I gave Boyle credit and said they would get their championships if they moved. French is a great coach, but he is no Chuck Smith. Boyle has restored themselves as a State Powerhouse, but they do not have the market cornered.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'll play along:

Boyle 111 wins, 5 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up
Belfry + Central 181 wins, 4 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up

For the sake of arguement, in the past 5 years thru this season:
Boyle: 53 wins, 0 State Titles, 1 Runner-Ip, 2 Semi-Finals
Belfry: 67 wins, 1 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up, 5 Semi-Finals
Central (who pound for pound has played the toughest schedule in the state):
51 wins, 2 State Titles, 3 Semi-Finals

Unlike you, I gave Boyle credit and said they would get their championships if they moved. French is a great coach, but he is no Chuck Smith. Boyle has restored themselves as a State Powerhouse, but they do not have the market cornered.

It's not going to be a cake walk if they stay in 4a. I think we have forgotten about another team. A 4a team that has everything rolling again. Just in what if's, would you like to stay in 4a or would your journey to the state be easier in 3a?
Unlike you, I gave Boyle credit and said they would get their championships if they moved. French is a great coach, but he is no Chuck Smith. Boyle has restored themselves as a State Powerhouse, but they do not have the market cornered.[/QUOTE]

Unlike you i didnt discredit Belfry or Central,i was pointing out the success Boyle has had over the past 10 years.they both have great programs,and have done well over the last decade,but you will have to admit that you have to put both teams wins and titles togahter to equal Boyles success.you were the one who said for most the decade they both had fieled better teams than Boyle which was a discredit to boyle.naturally being a boyle supporter you ruffled my feathers,and i just wanted to set things straight.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Unlike you, I gave Boyle credit and said they would get their championships if they moved. French is a great coach, but he is no Chuck Smith. Boyle has restored themselves as a State Powerhouse, but they do not have the market cornered.

Unlike you i didnt discredit Belfry or Central,i was pointing out the success Boyle has had over the past 10 years.they both have great programs,and have done well over the last decade,but you will have to admit that you have to put both teams wins and titles togahter to equal Boyles success.you were the one who said for most the decade they both had fieled better teams than Boyle which was a discredit to boyle.naturally being a boyle supporter you ruffled my feathers,and i just wanted to set things straight.[/QUOTE]

He actually said "the majority of the decade". Central and Belfry have been just as good or better than Boyle for several of the years since Belfry started this latest run in 2003. Those 2 championship teams would compete well with some of the Boyle teams. I wouldn't go as far to say they would consistently beat Boyle, but for these three teams to be relatively comparable is a great tribute to the quality of football played.

On a side note, Boyle County is the model for programs to follow to build into state championship contenders. They used to be dominated in the series with Danville and then Smith turned it all around with a steady progression of winning teams then state championship caliber teams. Now Boyle's program is back near the success of what they had during their championship days, and Danville cannot even come close to staying on the field with the Rebels.
Its my understanding that Highlands is allowed to play "up" because of the lack of 2a schools near them and therefore was allowed to play in a class higher because of the number of 5 and 6a schools nearby. I don't think a school can just choose to play up. It has to be approved by the KHSAA if I'm not mistaken. Could be wrong. Don't know if Boyle would petition a change or not. I also don't think this would happen until 2013 anyway. Small chance in 2011, much better chance in 2013.
64black&gold Wrote:Its my understanding that Highlands is allowed to play "up" because of the lack of 2a schools near them and therefore was allowed to play in a class higher because of the number of 5 and 6a schools nearby. I don't think a school can just choose to play up. It has to be approved by the KHSAA if I'm not mistaken. Could be wrong. Don't know if Boyle would petition a change or not. I also don't think this would happen until 2013 anyway. Small chance in 2011, much better chance in 2013.

I don't know about now but at one time I thought a team/school could choose to play up but not down. Nothing to back that up with, just my thinking. I've been wrong before.
It used to be that way but was changed about 10 years ago I think.
64black&gold Wrote:Its my understanding that Highlands is allowed to play "up" because of the lack of 2a schools near them and therefore was allowed to play in a class higher because of the number of 5 and 6a schools nearby. I don't think a school can just choose to play up. It has to be approved by the KHSAA if I'm not mistaken. Could be wrong. Don't know if Boyle would petition a change or not. I also don't think this would happen until 2013 anyway. Small chance in 2011, much better chance in 2013.

Highlands has 3A enrollment. The KHSAA use to have a list on their website that listed the schools in order of their enrollment. You could look at it and see the cutoff point of each class. It is not on their now. At one time i looked on this list and Highlands was the largest school listed in 3A. They were that close to being 4A. Of course we know that they play up two classes and IMO they will be a state title threat regardless of the class they play in. BTW, you can choose to play up and not down, but it has to be approved by the KHSAA. Interesting side note: Both Ashland and Johnson Central petitioned to play in class 4A this year and it was shot down by the KHSAA. This is off the KHSAA website with the reason their request was denied.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Unlike you i didnt discredit Belfry or Central,i was pointing out the success Boyle has had over the past 10 years.they both have great programs,and have done well over the last decade,but you will have to admit that you have to put both teams wins and titles togahter to equal Boyles success.you were the one who said for most the decade they both had fieled better teams than Boyle which was a discredit to boyle.naturally being a boyle supporter you ruffled my feathers,and i just wanted to set things straight.

Let me re-phrase this paragraph from a Belfry fans perspective:

I was pointing out the success that Belfry and Central have had in response to the fans comments that Boyle may win every 3A title if they switched classes. All three programs have been extremely successful over the past 10 years and have great programs, but you have to admit that in recent years Belfry and Central have been every bit as good as Boyle if not better. You said that even if you put Belfry and Central's numbers together it still wouldn't match what Boyle has accomplished over this decade which is a discredit to Belfry and Central. Naturally, being a Belfry supporter this ruffled my feathers, and I just wanted to set things straight Big Grin

As bucs pointed out, I said a "majority" of the decade (which I will admit I forgot the majority of Boyle's run came in the 00's and not the late 90's), which can definitely be argued. Boyle has set the bar for how to build a County school into a superpower program and their run at the end of the 90's and into the early 2000's will forever be viewed as one of the single most dominant stretched in State History. With that said, I think Belfry and Central's track record (and for that matter teams like Russell and Breathitt) in recent years certainly speaks enough that if Boyle were to join 3A along with these teams that it would not be an automatic trophy. In fact it can almost be argued that the path to a title may be slightly tougher then 4A where 3 teams (Boyle, LexCath, and Bell) seemingly are on a different level.
Back in the old 4 class system Danville always played up in class. Danville even won the 3A state Championship back in the 80's while only having the attendance of a 1A school. It was my understanding that the KHSAA made Danville go back to the class that they belonged in 1A. Thus starting the Danville/Mayfield rival.
Now after my last two posts and your last post, I think we each can agree thatcredit can be given to all 3 teams and if all three were to join in 3A it would make for some very interesting playoffs and championships.
Rebel55 Wrote:Back in the old 4 class system Danville always played up in class. Danville even won the 3A state Championship back in the 80's while only having the attendance of a 1A school. It was my understanding that the KHSAA made Danville go back to the class that they belonged in 1A. Thus starting the Danville/Mayfield rival.

Danville, in my mind will always be synonomous with being a 2A powerhouse. Ironic considering they were always a 1A school playing up.

I know some of the Danville teams from the 80's and 90's, and even the Kelvin Turner teams, would be a force to be reckoned with regardless of which class they played in. Some of those teams in the 90's very well may have been better than Trinity and St. X in a couple years.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Now after my last two posts and your last post, I think we each can agree thatcredit can be given to all 3 teams and if all three were to join in 3A it would make for some very interesting playoffs and championships.

Word is Bell is close to joining 3a as well. You talk about a class being loaded with solid teams.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Some of those teams in the 90's very well may have been better than Trinity and St. X in a couple years.

I am not real sure on the exact year, but I was thinking it was 1988. Danvile went to St. X and played with them. I believe it was 14-7 final. Danville had like 25 players on the team against a team that had over 100. The Danville teams from old where very good.

If they had played in Class A back than, Danville would have had alot more titles.
easyM Wrote:Word is Bell is close to joining 3a as well. You talk about a class being loaded with solid teams.

A class with Boyle, Bell, Belfry, Breathitt, Russell, and Central would be absolutely loaded. Throw in quality programs like Sheldon Clark, Mason County, Somerset, Paducah Tilghman, and Etown and it would be without a doubt the best class all around besides 6A.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A class with Boyle, Bell, Belfry, Breathitt, Russell, and Central would be absolutely loaded. Throw in quality programs like Sheldon Clark, Mason County, Somerset, Paducah Tilghman, and Etown and it would be without a doubt the best class all around besides 6A.

That's scary just thinking about it. This would be a battle every year because you count on most of these teams being good year in and year out. Wow!
Pages: 1 2 3