Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County back to 3A in 2010?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was just thinking about all the great games we would see in 3a but thinking it on it more I don't like the idea of it. That's too many area teams knocking each other out of a trip to the state finals possibly.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'll play along:

Boyle 111 wins, 5 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up
Belfry + Central 181 wins, 4 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up

For the sake of arguement, in the past 5 years thru this season:
Boyle: 53 wins, 0 State Titles, 1 Runner-Ip, 2 Semi-Finals
Belfry: 67 wins, 1 State Titles, 1 Runner-Up, 5 Semi-Finals
Central (who pound for pound has played the toughest schedule in the state):
51 wins, 2 State Titles, 3 Semi-Finals

Unlike you, I gave Boyle credit and said they would get their championships if they moved. French is a great coach, but he is no Chuck Smith. Boyle has restored themselves as a State Powerhouse, but they do not have the market cornered.

GREAT POST EKU, AS ALWAYSTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
easyM Wrote:Word is Bell is close to joining 3a as well. You talk about a class being loaded with solid teams.

that would be great, the east would have the killer b's.bell,boyle, belfry,breahitt,wow,the regional or semi would be like championship game
Bell almost moved up in 5A last time. They would have been in the Clay, Perry, LCC district. It was discussed throughout the program. But the decsion was made that the 4A district with Rock and Knox would be more competitive. Now that may not be the case but 3 years ago it was a no-brainer. I think Bell's enrollment is less than Boyle's right now. I personally don't see either 1 moving down IMO.
cuppett777 Wrote:that would be great, the east would have the killer b's.bell,boyle, belfry,breahitt,wow,the regional or semi would be like championship game

If that was to happen 3A would be loaded. Is Central in the East or in the West? Boy if they are in the East then, the East would be loaded.(that is only if it happens). I would think that Boyle would stay in 4A.

Can anyone tell me how the numbers go in each Class?:please:
To all the BELFRY fans out there i ment know disrespect to your program.i dont know much of your history,im sure your tradition is as steeped as Boyles or anyone else in the state.as for Central im familiar with thier tradition its only started over the last couple of seasons.Before the realignment Boyle used to put them out of the playoffs every year,and you cant compare what they have done to what Boyle has done.as for Boyle dropping i guess we will find out after next season i think it probably will happen.if we do drop back to 3a, im sure the rest of 3a is not gonna hand us the title every year.we will have our work cut out for us.
I really don't think anyone can just jump up if they want. It has to be approved and I think there has to be a decent reason. Of course I could be wrong.
Jack Lambert Wrote:To all the BELFRY fans out there i ment know disrespect to your program.i dont know much of your history,im sure your tradition is as steeped as Boyles or anyone else in the state.as for Central im familiar with thier tradition its only started over the last couple of seasons.Before the realignment Boyle used to put them out of the playoffs every year,and you cant compare what they have done to what Boyle has done.as for Boyle dropping i guess we will find out after next season i think it probably will happen.if we do drop back to 3a, im sure the rest of 3a is not gonna hand us the title every year.we will have our work cut out for us.

Perspective.

You can say realignment was the start of their turnaround, or you could say that the hiring of Ty Scroggins as the head coach made the change. I would figure a Boyle fan would relate to this more than anyone seeing the effect that Chuck Smith, Pardue, and now French have had on their programs. A coaching change, especially at a school so laden with pure talent as Central, can have immediate and profound effects. Would you not agree?

Maybe it was the class change, but Central consistently was a playoff team as it stood prior to realignment, maybe Scroggins was simply the catalyst that put them to the next level.

As for the rest of your post, we are very glad to have yourself and other Boyle posters on this board and I am sure there are people on here who will learn more about Boyle and their tradition over what they have seen in the past few seasons. Likewise, the beauty of this board is now you can get a feel for the same tradition and respect that others schools command from ALL areas of the state whether it be Belfry, Highlands, Mayfield, or anyone in between. I am sure we will all benefit from being able to get an intimate understanding of programs from the people who follow them closely, and not just what we see in newspapers and in polls. :Thumbs:
:Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Perspective.

You can say realignment was the start of their turnaround, or you could say that the hiring of Ty Scroggins as the head coach made the change. I would figure a Boyle fan would relate to this more than anyone seeing the effect that Chuck Smith, Pardue, and now French have had on their programs. A coaching change, especially at a school so laden with pure talent as Central, can have immediate and profound effects. Would you not agree?

Maybe it was the class change, but Central consistently was a playoff team as it stood prior to realignment, maybe Scroggins was simply the catalyst that put them to the next level.

As for the rest of your post, we are very glad to have yourself and other Boyle posters on this board and I am sure there are people on here who will learn more about Boyle and their tradition over what they have seen in the past few seasons. Likewise, the beauty of this board is now you can get a feel for the same tradition and respect that others schools command from ALL areas of the state whether it be Belfry, Highlands, Mayfield, or anyone in between. I am sure we will all benefit from being able to get an intimate understanding of programs from the people who follow them closely, and not just what we see in newspapers and in polls. :Thumbs:

I agree,great post.:Thumbs:
Bad news for Belfry and Central
Pages: 1 2 3