Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark vs. Breathitt County Aug. 28th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Matman Wrote:If Breathitt comes out like they did early last season Sheldon Clark will come away with this one.
Sheldon Clark 14
Breathitt 7

Their losses were to Johnson Central and Prestonsburg early last year and both games were close. They weren't as bad early on as you imply.

But...with the Bobcat's big over Mercer Co. this week its a moot point anyway.

I'm thinking the Cardinals are the team that better be ready... :moon:
oneijoe Wrote:Their losses were to Johnson Central and Prestonsburg early last year and both games were close. They weren't as bad early on as you imply.

But...with the Bobcat's big over Mercer Co. this week its a moot point anyway.

I'm thinking the Cardinals are the team that better be ready... :moon:
Breathitt is much improved from than last season. BHS is capable of losing this game, but I see them winning by 14+
Looking forward to watching this one. No predictions on who will win because if I could do that I would have predicted the powerball and would not be working today! In high school football anything can happen, this is why the game is played and not won or lost on anyones predictions. SC will be ready to play, the field is one of the best in the state, tickets went on sale today, tailgating starts friday @5:30, THE WAR @ 7:30, RESPECT @ 11:20 on SPORTS OVERTIME.Good luck and God bless SC.
Breathitt wins easy.
It is going to be a hard hitting WAR happening around 7:30 on friday. I can't wait!
After watching Breathitt play Mercer, they have a few mistakes to correct. But having Fugate, Haddix, and Fletcher on their team doesnt hurt any. Breathitt will get the mistakes corrected and punish the Cards.
Breathitt initimated by the atmosphere and the crowd at Sheldon Clark is not very likely. If anything, it will pump up the team moreso. This team is one both on the field and off. You have Fugate, who seems unstoppable. Haddix has came into his own game, very mature and confident. Offensive side for the bobcats seem to be pretty tough (Ben Allex, Jared Wolfe, Jay McKnight, Jeremy Moore, Jesse Roberts). I was expressed with the quickness and speed of these BIG fellows. Defensive side will be a group of guys that will be hard to get by, again you have the Allex kid, he seems to be everywhere, McKnight, Roberts, and Moore. I really believe that this team will be this years' state champions.
If this game were later in the season it would help SC's chances alot. Typically SC's run defense improves gradually as the season progresses, while their offense typically peaks at about Week 7 or 8.

I think SC will struggle with Breathitt's vertical passing game and Fugate's ability to break tackles and cut back against the grain. Close for a half, then busted open in the 2nd Half.

BC 46
SC 21

On a side note just for the SC fans.. if Breathitt were playing Belfry this week I would make the exact same prediction.
SC may get a chance to play Breathitt 2 times this year.
pcb Wrote:Breathitt initimated by the atmosphere and the crowd at Sheldon Clark is not very likely. If anything, it will pump up the team moreso. This team is one both on the field and off. You have Fugate, who seems unstoppable. Haddix has came into his own game, very mature and confident. Offensive side for the bobcats seem to be pretty tough (Ben Allex, Jared Wolfe, Jay McKnight, Jeremy Moore, Jesse Roberts). I was expressed with the quickness and speed of these BIG fellows. Defensive side will be a group of guys that will be hard to get by, again you have the Allex kid, he seems to be everywhere, McKnight, Roberts, and Moore. I really believe that this team will be this years' state champions.
I was just kidding about being intimidated and such. Jade has a lot of work to do and he needs to change his running style because if he keeps getting pulled down by the Jersey while his legs are still moving and his upper body is bent backwards, he is going to injure that hamstring again. Haddix is fast, but his upper body strength does not seem to be there and he falls backwards when tackled rather than forwards.
sheldon clark may not win but will surprise a few people!!!!
This will be one heck of a game, you are going to see alot of hard hitting during this game.
I don't know who will win, but I'm sure it will be a hard hitting game.
breathitt by 2 td's
breathitt county - 35

SC - 17
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:That being said, BC can not handle harsh crowds and will be intimidated by the atmosphere. Any team can lose on any given night, so Breathitt may actually have a chance in this game, but I still think that the Cards and the crowd will be too much for the Bobcats.

Soft?Be intimidated?You must be talking about Sheldon Clark.:lmao:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:That being said, BC can not handle harsh crowds and will be intimidated by the atmosphere. Any team can lose on any given night, so Breathitt may actually have a chance in this game, but I still think that the Cards and the crowd will be too much for the Bobcats.

beasy_bo Wrote:sheldon clark may not win but will surprise a few people!!!!

Suprise who?They are suposed to win their district and be a regional contender.

????? They went to Belfry in the playoffs last year and came away victorious. The crowd don't any more harsh then that of Belfry's.

Breathitt by 3-4 TD's
It is called sarcasm....I know that the Bobcats will be more focused on the road and be prepared Friday night against an above average SC team.

i bet it wont be no more intimating then when they came to belfry last year and won, so its no big deal to them..
SC is way more improved than any team this year in their own district,and Breathitt Co. is a much stronger and quicker team than they were last year,so Breathitt County wins and really should win no doubt about it.I do think they will meet again in play-offs for sure thats how good i think SC is.Go Bobcats!!!!
come on now the game is just 2 days away! Get this going!
Breathitt County 40
Sheldon Clark 14
this will tell us alot this about each team this year
Even though Sheldon Clark has a excellent team they will have a problem replacing Kelly in the backfield. He was such a pure and hard runner. Fugate, what more can you say, he is a stud that KENTUCKY should have given a scholarship. BC coaching gets the edge here> BC 42 SC 14.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If this game were later in the season it would help SC's chances alot. Typically SC's run defense improves gradually as the season progresses, while their offense typically peaks at about Week 7 or 8.

I think SC will struggle with Breathitt's vertical passing game and Fugate's ability to break tackles and cut back against the grain. Close for a half, then busted open in the 2nd Half.

BC 46
SC 21

On a side note just for the SC fans.. if Breathitt were playing Belfry this week I would make the exact same prediction.

Don't worry;if SC can get by Mason they will meet again.
This is going to be a good game for us. They are going to be physical. But we are going to be physicaler. This is going to be a hard hittin, helment splitting, teeth grittin, bobcat football game. We are prepared well for them and we are ready!!!!!!!
Hopefully Sheldon clark by 3, 21 to 17 ,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Hopefully Sheldon clark by 3, 21 to 17 ,
I hope they play better than you subtract....lol JK.....
Bobcat Player Wrote:This is going to be a good game for us. They are going to be physical. But we are going to be physicaler. This is going to be a hard hittin, helment splitting, teeth grittin, bobcat football game. We are prepared well for them and we are ready!!!!!!!
Physicaler.....What grade are you in man? Just kidding, but it is "more physical" in the context you were using "phisicaler." Between your quote and the other quote that stated "SC by 3, 21-17, " I am starting to wonder just how these teams players are making it through school.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5