Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. Pirates 2009 Football Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
TongueirateSho
POWELL COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

AUG. 14 SCRIMMAGE AWAY 8:00
At Pendleton Co.
Vs. Pendleton Co. and Bishop Brossart

AUG. 21 SCRIMMAGE T.B.A.

AUG. 28 JACKSON CO. HOME 7:30

SEPT. 4 MORGAN CO. AWAY 7:30

SEPT. 11 LEWIS CO. AWAY 7:30

SEPT. 18 CASEY CO. HOME 7:30

SEPT. 25 MADISON SOUTHERN AWAY 7:30

OCT. 2 MCCREARY CENTRAL HOME 7:30

OCT. 9 MAGOFFIN CO. HOME 7:30

OCT. 16 BREATHITT CO. AWAY 7:30

OCT. 23 ESTILL CO. HOME 7:30

OCT. 30 WEST CARTER AWAY 7:30
blitz43 Wrote:TongueirateSho
POWELL COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

AUG. 14 SCRIMMAGE AWAY 8:00
At Pendleton Co.
Vs. Pendleton Co. and Bishop Brossart

AUG. 21 SCRIMMAGE T.B.A.

AUG. 28 JACKSON CO. HOME 7:30

SEPT. 4 MORGAN CO. AWAY 7:30

SEPT. 11 LEWIS CO. AWAY 7:30

SEPT. 18 CASEY CO. HOME 7:30

OCT. 2 MCCREARY CENTRAL HOME 7:30

OCT. 9 MAGOFFIN CO. HOME 7:30

You should go 9-1:eyeroll: with that schedule.Can you say paper tiger?Schedule somebody.
if that is there schedule for 09 the Pirates will go 8-2 or 7-3
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:You should go 9-1:eyeroll: with that schedule.Can you say paper tiger?Schedule somebody.
Coach is trying to build a good program, not destroy it. It takes time to do these things. You can't go out and schedule all great teams at once. You would get beat on a lot and that would discourage a lot of good players. The schedule will get better and better and better and better. Plus, contracts come in to play. I don't know the details but some of these schools are probably still under contract.
TongueirateSho
I hope somehow with the seeding we can play you guys again back here at TC it was a great game.
good luck next year Powell I see you guys going 8-2 maybe 9-1 with a 2nd or 3rd seed.
Yeah that was one heck of a game. I just wish the outcome would've been a little different. We would have loved to get another shot at Estill Co. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.
6-4

Losses will be :

Just my thought,,,,,
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:6-4

Losses will be :

Just my thought,,,,,
I think we can get Madison Southern & not sure what West Carter has this year. Breathitt is a beast and Estill at home should be a good one.
TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote:Yeah that was one heck of a game. I just wish the outcome would've been a little different. We would have loved to get another shot at Estill Co. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Yes it was a great game it would be nice if we played during the regular season.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:6-4

Losses will be :

Just my thought,,,,,

If you can't beat Madison Southern they need to drop football. :eyeroll:

So why will Powell Co. be so good? Will they have a dominating offense, defense or what?
looks like a good schedule!
I think there offense will be what wins them games.
5-5
blitz43 Wrote:Coach is trying to build a good program, not destroy it. It takes time to do these things. You can't go out and schedule all great teams at once. You would get beat on a lot and that would discourage a lot of good players. The schedule will get better and better and better and better. Plus, contracts come in to play. I don't know the details but some of these schools are probably still under contract.
TongueirateSho

There's a difference in building a program and scheduling a bunch of teams that arent going to raise your level of play.
Trenches07 Wrote:There's a difference in building a program and scheduling a bunch of teams that arent going to raise your level of play.

I second your statement.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I second your statement.
:lmao:
blitz43 Wrote::lmao:

Here is what's funny.Paper tiger.Get the firetrucks ready boys.We're taking a ride around Stanton for our "winning season".
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Here is what's funny.Paper tiger.Get the firetrucks ready boys.We're taking a ride around Stanton for our "winning season".
TongueirateSho
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Here is what's funny.Paper tiger.Get the firetrucks ready boys.We're taking a ride around Stanton for our "winning season".

they do that. im not even joking. ive saw too many pics on myspace about it. they do that every year i think, i guess they do it to celebrate there losing season.
TCCardinal Wrote:I think there offense will be what wins them games.

The defense is gonna be unreal. But the offense lost a bunch of key players. Especially in the passing attack. A 3 year starter Qb and two great recievers. Plus the left side of the line from center over. But the defense returns everybody. Jesse Rose will run the show in Powell this year. Great athlete who is all over the field.
I play with fire Wrote:The defense is gonna be unreal. But the offense lost a bunch of key players. Especially in the passing attack. A 3 year starter Qb and two great recievers. Plus the left side of the line from center over. But the defense returns everybody. Jesse Rose will run the show in Powell this year. Great athlete who is all over the field.
What's up #2? How have you been?
TongueirateSho

Dang man, What's up with all this??? Were not a Breathitt yet but were working to get to that level some day.
Trenches07 Wrote:There's a difference in building a program and scheduling a bunch of teams that arent going to raise your level of play.

When you've never won YOU FIRST HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO WIN, BOTTOM LINE.
P.C.Defense Wrote:When you've never won YOU FIRST HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO WIN, BOTTOM LINE.
Amen Brother! Preach it! We forgot that we had to schedule Trinity, St. X, Highlands, Christian Co., Bell Co., Johnson Central, Russell, Dallas, New England, Chicago, & just throw in the USC Trojans for a scrimmage...:lmao:
blitz43 Wrote:Coach is trying to build a good program, not destroy it. It takes time to do these things. You can't go out and schedule all great teams at once. You would get beat on a lot and that would discourage a lot of good players. The schedule will get better and better and better and better. Plus, contracts come in to play. I don't know the details but some of these schools are probably still under contract.
TongueirateSho

Looks like he just destroyed it.I warned you 1 month ago that he was going and even told you where.:eyeroll:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Looks like he just destroyed it.I warned you 1 month ago that he was going and even told you where.:eyeroll:
He didn't destroy nothing! "HE" has got us where we need to be. Thank you Coach Whitaker! So, mister Breathitt Bobcat. Who are we hiring? You seem to know everything before anyone else.....Coward
blitz43 Wrote:He didn't destroy nothing! "HE" has got us where we need to be. Thank you Coach Whitaker! So, mister Breathitt Bobcat. Who are we hiring? You seem to know everything before anyone else.....Coward

I know who is coming down Sunday but you won't untill I tell you.Oh you hurt my little feelings.I don't think name calling is allowed on here.See I would pm you and tell you who it is but you won't be happy about it.Plus you would spread it around.I wouldn't want to be accused of starting a rumor.All I know is the #1 guy on the list is going to be down to Powell on Sunday to "listen" to your pitch and see if he wants it.If he does I'll pm you.If he don't I'll still pm you and tell you who it is.It will be next week.
Is Powell co coach leaving?
courtdog Wrote:Is Powell co coach leaving?

Leaving, no. Left, yes.
Pages: 1 2 3