Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. Pirates 2009 Football Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
blitz43 Wrote:He didn't destroy nothing! "HE" has got us where we need to be. Thank you Coach Whitaker! So, mister Breathitt Bobcat. Who are we hiring? You seem to know everything before anyone else.....Coward

Calm down, buddy. Why are you letting this bother you so much? Why would you go to his personal defense anyways after he is dumping you guys (for a little bit of more money)? I think it's ashame after all the hard work you, the other coaches and most importantly the players have put into this program. It seems everyone has had the heart to turn it around, except for Whitaker. He knows that this program desperately needs and deserves consistency. He's been threatening to leave since he got there. And, IMO, he knew he would never be there long term. These kids at Powell can't seem to catch a break. I think it's ashame, really. :redboxer:

Have you heard anything about whether or not you and the rest of the assistant coaches be returning, Blitz?
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Calm down, buddy. Why are you letting this bother you so much? Why would you go to his personal defense anyways after he is dumping you guys (for a little bit of more money)? I think it's ashame after all the hard work you, the other coaches and most importantly the players have put into this program. It seems everyone has had the heart to turn it around, except for Whitaker. He knows that this program desperately needs and deserves consistency. He's been threatening to leave since he got there. And, IMO, he knew he would never be there long term. These kids at Powell can't seem to catch a break. I think it's ashame, really. :redboxer:

Have you heard anything about whether or not you and the rest of the assistant coaches be returning, Blitz?

If the guy I'm talking about comes I will try and make sure at least one don't come back.PC Defense will definatly be staying though.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:If the guy I'm talking about comes I will try and make sure at least one don't come back.PC Defense will definatly be staying though.

Just very curious......Are you and this "mystery person" close? How will you affect who coaches in Powell? Which coach would you like to see be gone? It sounds like it's gonna get interesting in Powell? LOL :popcorn:
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Just very curious......Are you and this "mystery person" close? How will you affect who coaches in Powell? Which coach would you like to see be gone? It sounds like it's gonna get interesting in Powell? LOL :popcorn:

Yes I am close with the "whole mystery person family".Really I'd just say you don't want that kind of guy on your staff but everything would be up to him not me.I'd just put a bug in his ear.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Yes I am close with the "whole mystery person family".Really I'd just say you don't want that kind of guy on your staff but everything would be up to him not me.I'd just put a bug in his ear.
Yeah and you claim to be a player. Which is it? One time your talking to PC Defese about a player you contacted him about in the early 90's then you turn around and talk like your a player. If I am the one your talking about, just say it. Unless you are "in" the program, stay out. If I am the one you are talking about, this sounds like a threat. If I am not needed, I would gladly step down. If they can find more qualified pos. coaches, I am all for it. I do this cause I love it.
TongueirateSho
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Calm down, buddy. Why are you letting this bother you so much? Why would you go to his personal defense anyways after he is dumping you guys (for a little bit of more money)? I think it's ashame after all the hard work you, the other coaches and most importantly the players have put into this program. It seems everyone has had the heart to turn it around, except for Whitaker. He knows that this program desperately needs and deserves consistency. He's been threatening to leave since he got there. And, IMO, he knew he would never be there long term. These kids at Powell can't seem to catch a break. I think it's ashame, really. :redboxer:

I defend him cause he turned this program around or at least got it on the right track. He did what anybody else would do. I don't blame him! I would love to have him around. He taught me a lot. We all knew that this would come. I just hoped it would be later rather than sooner. Life goes on & we will too. Not sure who will stay. Can't control that so I don't bother worrying about it. If I stay, they will keep a coach that will do anything for the program. That is why I get so upset when people get on here and threaten our program. I just love it so much. I am extremely passionate about it.
I apologize for stirring BB crap. I will no longer reply to his rediculous posts. I enjoy posting on here & I love football. I let him get to me. It just gets aggravating to see somebody get on here and tear down my team. I would go toe to toe with anybody who attacks me or my family but realize this is not the venue for it. So with that being said, goodbye Breathitt Bobcat! Hope your suspension gets lifted soon and you come to your senses as I have. Sorry for any problems I contributed to.
Powell Co. Football will live on. Coach W was an awesome coach and he will be missed. The task at hand is to find a good replacement and get these boys ready for a great season. I will support these boys and do whatever is needed. I hope everyone else will do the same.
We have a good core of boys coming back. Especially on D. Our schedule is a good one. Now all you have to do is get ready and win the ones your supposed to win & steal a couple that you not. Lets shoot for more wins & shoot for a home playoff game. You Can Do It!!!
Another thing, BB, test me. I won't break this time...LOL

I worked for Mike Whitaker and have nothing but the BEST to say about the man. I learned alot of football working as his D cordinator and have nothing but RESPECT for coach Whitaker. I hate to see him go but I cannot fault a man who has an opportunity to better himself and his family. Like I told him, " You can still come over and deer hunt anytime you want to." That's how much I think of Mike Whitaker.:thanks:
P.C.Defense Wrote:I worked for Mike Whitaker and have nothing but the BEST to say about the man. I learned alot of football working as his D cordinator and have nothing but RESPECT for coach Whitaker. I hate to see him go but I cannot fault a man who has an opportunity to better himself and his family. Like I told him, " You can still come over and deer hunt anytime you want to." That's how much I think of Mike Whitaker.:thanks:

Well, the kind of buddy he is to you doesn't change the fact that he told his players that he was leaving them for more money. I know a couple of kids from Powell and that really hurt them. Now, to me, that's not cool. These kids have given alot to him and this program. Seems to me, tho that W is the only one who benefits and looks good. From what I know of him, he likes to surround himself with people who make him look good. And if the rumors that I heard are true, the money wasn't THAT much more...good...but not great? Funny tho how he ended up with that extra money during a period of budget cuts and layoffs, huh? Gotta love the "good ol boy" system in small towns. :dontthink
Coach Whitaker is leaving it in a shape for whoever steps in there is stepping into a good situation. He gave me an opportunity and had enough confidence in me to make me his defensive cordinator. Coach Whitaker has made the next coaches job a whole lot easier. You cannot fault a man who has the opportunity to better himself and his family. It's a good opportunity for coach Whitaker and I wish him the best.
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Well, the kind of buddy he is to you doesn't change the fact that he told his players that he was leaving them for more money. I know a couple of kids from Powell and that really hurt them. Now, to me, that's not cool. These kids have given alot to him and this program. Seems to me, tho that W is the only one who benefits and looks good. From what I know of him, he likes to surround himself with people who make him look good. And if the rumors that I heard are true, the money wasn't THAT much more...good...but not great? Funny tho how he ended up with that extra money during a period of budget cuts and layoffs, huh? Gotta love the "good ol boy" system in small towns. :dontthink

Mike Whitaker came to a place where in over 20 years never had a winning season. In only 2 seasons he got the school's first ever winning season and nearly won a playoff game. We didn't make coach Whitaker look good, he made us better football coaches.
P.C.Defense Wrote:Mike Whitaker came to a place where in over 20 years never had a winning season. In only 2 seasons he got the school's first ever winning season and nearly won a playoff game. We didn't make coach Whitaker look good, he made us better football coaches.
I second that motion!..Meeting ajourned.
TongueirateSho
Has the Pirates become scared of Bath Co. Powell has played them the past few years and were beat all times. Wat happend to them on the sched?
theredstorm45 Wrote:Has the Pirates become scared of Bath Co. Powell has played them the past few years and were beat all times. Wat happend to them on the sched?
According to who you talk to, "they" dropped us this year. wouldn't re-up. Just what I heard. Wasn't there when the descision was made. Don't know for sure.
TongueirateSho
theredstorm45 Wrote:Has the Pirates become scared of Bath Co. Powell has played them the past few years and were beat all times. Wat happend to them on the sched?

Next to Breathitt and Estill, Bath was the best team we played. A couple of really good backs and a big, physical line. Bath has had a couple of really good classes the past couple of years. Powell's best classes will be for the next 3 years. Don't know what happened on the sched. but with what Bath lost and what Powell returns, Powell would beat Bath the next 3 years.
Highlights
P.C.Defense Wrote:Highlights

:argue: ****IT' FUGATE, THEY'RE NOT ALIGNED RIGHT!
:muscleman Confusedumo: Coach Skeens, Where's coach Skeens? (im down here!)
:beavis: coach Bart Puckett after the Fleming co. win.
This thread is crazy.:popcorn:
That's the kind of staff we are. We all got along and you better not have thin skin with that bunch(lol). Hear by next week max. Powell will have a new coach. Mike Jones, J.P.Chapman, and Stultz the d-coordinator from Clark are the 3 I'm hearing.
P.C.Defense Wrote::argue: ****IT' FUGATE, THEY'RE NOT ALIGNED RIGHT!
:muscleman Confusedumo: Coach Skeens, Where's coach Skeens? (im down here!)
:beavis: coach Bart Puckett after the Fleming co. win.

What does this mean? I don't follow you? Why do you call him Bart Puckett? What does it mean "I'm down here"? Did you take your meds today?
:thatsfunn
TeamMom Wrote:What does this mean? I don't follow you? Why do you call him Bart Puckett? What does it mean "I'm down here"? Did you take your meds today?
:thatsfunn

It's an inside thing. Skeens was like 4ft. tall, We all were like 2 feet taller than he was. We all called Puckett "Bart Simpson". It's a joke. Did I take my meds.?
No but you better, It's obviously that time of the month.:moon:
P.C.Defense Wrote:It's an inside thing. Skeens was like 4ft. tall, We all were like 2 feet taller than he was. We all called Puckett "Bart Simpson". It's a joke. Did I take my meds.?

BURN:flame:
A little off subject but I went to grade school/high school with Ricky Skeens and he is one of the all-time great guys in my book, which most of the time don't mean a whole heck of a lot!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I have nothing but good things to say about this guy, I am glad to see that he is involved in the lives of young people in Powell County.
throw deep Wrote:A little off subject but I went to grade school/high school with Ricky Skeens and he is one of the all-time great guys in my book, which most of the time don't mean a whole heck of a lot!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I have nothing but good things to say about this guy, I am glad to see that he is involved in the lives of young people in Powell County.
We like R-2, er, I mean Ricky too. He is a great guy. You know how it is. Everybody gets picked at down here. We dont pull any punches. No one is safe from a "little" jabbing. Acknowelge me Fugate! Bart, I found your Wham cassette. Bull Shannon, er, I mean Perkins, watch your head coming thru that door. What did you say Sebey? I can't understand a thing your saying...lol
TongueirateSho
That is some funny stuff there Ned!(lol) "What dreels yoo woont me ta doo toodey Fugate"? ( Had to spell it out like Sebey quotes it)(lol). I like R2, I mean coach Skeens also. His coaching really improved when we got his PORTA-PODIUM in last season(lol). He really is a good guy. I gotta run, time for meds.......
P.C.Defense Wrote:It's an inside thing. Skeens was like 4ft. tall, We all were like 2 feet taller than he was. We all called Puckett "Bart Simpson". It's a joke. Did I take my meds.?

Wow, I'm very impressed. Your jokes are hilarious. Your team must be very lucky to have such a mature "coach"? 4 ft. tall? I guess that makes it even more impressive that he has been ranked as one of the top 20 powerlifters in the world. Ask anyone from Belfry about "Hard Rock Skeens". I've seen him lift guys 3 times your size over his head like they were nothing. :dontthink
You gotta have a little fun! Lighten' up there mom. Guys 3 times my size would be a whole lot slower than me(lol). Wow, a guy 3 times my size would be 600lbs. Mature?? Let's not go there now. I was "mature" enough not to be dancing in the middle of the street after the Jackson co. win. We may never coach again as a staff together, might as well have a little fun with guys you worked with. But as to the intimidation factor of getting lifted above somebody's head, well, we do full contact 3 times a week at Karate.
I'm always up for that. I will say I have not fought a man 3 times my size though, We have weight divisions.
Are there alot of 600lb guys running around in Belfry? No wonder they're in the state finals every year(lol).
P.C.Defense Wrote:You gotta have a little fun! Lighten' up there mom. Guys 3 times my size would be a whole lot slower than me(lol). Wow, a guy 3 times my size would be 600lbs. Mature?? Let's not go there now. I was "mature" enough not to be dancing in the middle of the street after the Jackson co. win. We may never coach again as a staff together, might as well have a little fun with guys you worked with. But as to the intimidation factor of getting lifted above somebody's head, well, we do full contact 3 times a week at Karate.
I'm always up for that. I will say I have not fought a man 3 times my size though, We have weight divisions.
Are there alot of 600lb guys running around in Belfry? No wonder they're in the state finals every year(lol).

I'm amused. You think you know so much. You have no idea what (or who) you are talking about. I know Skeens and I know the story, tho. You really need to find something else to talk about than dancing. There was no intimidation factor being used; it was just a point that a man's height doesn't mean alot. You seem to think you are superior to people you are "taller" than. There's no hard feelings here. I get it, joke. Funny. It's all good. I just think Skeens is a good guy and deserves more respect, thats all. He seems to really care about the kids and your program. Oh, and sorry about the math mistake. You just look alot smaller, is all. My bad. :rockon:
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Well, the kind of buddy he is to you doesn't change the fact that he told his players that he was leaving them for more money. I know a couple of kids from Powell and that really hurt them. Now, to me, that's not cool. These kids have given alot to him and this program. Seems to me, tho that W is the only one who benefits and looks good. From what I know of him, he likes to surround himself with people who make him look good. And if the rumors that I heard are true, the money wasn't THAT much more...good...but not great? Funny tho how he ended up with that extra money during a period of budget cuts and layoffs, huh? Gotta love the "good ol boy" system in small towns. :dontthink

seems Estill County has lost 2 coaches,maybe you need to direct some of that negative attitude to find whats wrong over there. You should be glad Whitakers leaving with all those senoirs lost from last year I would say he was a fixing to take you guys out to the woodshed.
Pages: 1 2 3