Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Just curious. What upcoming sophmores do you think will make a big impact next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
just curious there seemed to be some pretty good freshmen this year so what is everyones predictions on who the best sophmores will be next year.
We have 5 or 6 here at Leslie Co.

Troy Napier (8)- QB
Jon Brewer(56)- MLB/G
David Morgan(80)- OLB/ WR
Hobert Asher(82)- TE/DE
Chris Maggard(26)- RB/CB
Dillon Hacker(14)- TE/DE
i know that shelby had some young players this year. like logan lucas was a freshman and made 1st team all district. then if shannon anderson will come back out he can fly.
logan johnson will be a super sophmore.
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Randy Maynard - Pikeville
Gavin Miller - Pikeville
Lcc Johnson
Ace Wales from Louisville Central. Had around 90 yards in Final as the back up.
Newport Catholic - Brady Highchew
Don Don Burton Green County
He had a big impact last year
Kody Trivitte
And Possibly Justin Smith
Pike Central
LCC
Logan Johnson probability of being the best sophomore in the state.
Drew Bentley if he adds some size.
Randy Davison from Estill Co will be asked to do alot for them and he will do a great job.
Hilbily Wrote:LCC
Logan Johnson probability of being the best sophomore in the state.
Drew Bentley if he adds some size.

That is pretty Bold. In the state wow.:worthy:
IRISH4 Wrote:JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Randy Maynard - Pikeville
Gavin Miller - Pikeville

i disagre with gavin miller. The kid trys to play hard but i dont think he has wut it takes imo
Belfry Soph's:

Gary Runyon - 6'2" 185 / LB
Trey Willis - 5'6" 150 / RB/DB
Tyler Williams - 6'0" 175 / QB
Howie Dotson - 5'9" 150 / RB

These guys should contribute. The bolded players will likely start. Runyon started several games at LB last year as a Frosh.

If I left anyone out, maybe another Belfry fan can add to this list as appropriate.

TongueirateSho :1:
Matt Robinson 6'1" 195 LB played last year 9th Set new record for the most tackle in a season and missed 2 games do to a ankle at perry central. Devin Turner returning DE Fullback 2 big line man returning. also 6"4 jay white WR. 6" Brain Rankin RB super fast . Alan Boggs 6'2" 200 QB DB WR. PCC is load with young players. Future is looking up for perry.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Belfry Soph's:

Gary Runyon - 6'2" 185 / LB
Trey Willis - 5'6" 150 / RB/DB
Tyler Williams - 6'0" 175 / QB
Howie Dotson - 5'9" 150 / RB

These guys should contribute. The bolded players will likely start. Runyon started several games at LB last year as a Frosh.

If I left anyone out, maybe another Belfry fan can add to this list as appropriate.

TongueirateSho :1:

Just a clarification and addition.. LOL....
Howie is 5'10 and played CB position as well and Keegan Fields will also be contributing this year. He was out due to an injury incurred during All-star baseball last year. Aslo, Josh Dixon and Chris Miller are both going to be sophomores who can contribute.
kymom Wrote:Matt Robinson 6'1" 195 LB played last year 9th Set new record for the most tackle in a season and missed 2 games do to a ankle at perry central. Devin Turner returning DE Fullback 2 big line man returning. also 6"4 jay white WR. 6" Brain Rankin RB super fast . Alan Boggs 6'2" 200 QB DB WR. PCC is load with young players. Future is looking up for perry.

You have a WR that is 6.4 inches tall and a RB that is 6 inches tall???????:popcorn:
Great job by Robinson on the tackles i look for alot more greatness from him. However i do not consider setting the new school record for tackles at PCC a very tall order as they have never had a defense!:devilflam
he had some where around 100 give or take.That is a good season where every you are. And he missed 2 or 3 games cant remember. The kid has a great nose for the ball. And he just turn 15.
Hilbily Wrote:You have a WR that is 6.4 inches tall and a RB that is 6 inches tall???????:popcorn:

My bad 6'4" and 6' that is better didnt look over it before I post.:thanks:
kymom Wrote:he had some where around 100 give or take.That is a good season where every you are. And he missed 2 or 3 games cant remember. The kid has a great nose for the ball. And he just turn 15.

hes still 14
we really don't know how Johnson is going to do until we see him. With a new offensive coordinator we will just have to wait and see.
star_CB Wrote:i disagre with gavin miller. The kid trys to play hard but i dont think he has wut it takes imo

I agree, it seems like he doesnt like to hit
Does Pikeville onlly have 1 upsoming sophomore that will make an impact b/c i have heard everybody talk about the athletes in this class
Gary Runyon- FB/LB for Belfry

Kid has the size and speed to be special, started most of last year as a Frehsman for Belfry including several key plays to defeat Johnson Central.
i know, right? Wrote:I agree, it seems like he doesnt like to hit

You must not have seen him play last year. He does not care one bit to come up and make the stick. He may be little but he is not afraid to hit anybody. He will be a difference maker. Randy Maynard is another kid who will do whatever it takes to win. he will play any position and will excel at it. He too will be a difference maker. Josh and Jard Tackett will see a lot of time this year and will contribute heavily on O and D. They both run well, catch well, and like to hit. These two are scared of nobody. Blake Robinson is a big kid that could really help this year on the line. He is big and strong and moves well. He isn't as physical yet as he will be in the future, but he is working on that I am sure of. Zack Burgy-Vanhoose is a gifted athlete who can do it on the field. He is going to see the field a lot this year, especially while handling the kick off duties. This kid could very well be a D-1 kicker by his senior year. He did kick a 55 yard field goal in a varsity game last year. Kolby McPeek is another who started around 12 games last year at tight end and he looks to see just as much time this year. He moves well, catches well, and won't quit on any play. While the others in this class won't get as much publicity as these, they will still help to contribute in their own way to getting Pikeville back to where it used to be.
LCC has several sophmores who are capable of having a big impact next season. Johnson is one of the best but he has several that will be blocking for him that should be getting some recognition. They also have several sophmores who should make some good contributions on the defensive side of the ball. Too many times we only look as skilled positions, let us not forget the hogs that have to fight and claw everydown.
Hey hammertime,
Considering Pikeville has a new system this year, who do you see at the running back positions? I know that Randy Maynard showed promise last year as well as Ross McCoy and J. R. Robinson. Who else do you forsee playing this position.
kymom Wrote:he had some where around 100 give or take.That is a good season where every you are. And he missed 2 or 3 games cant remember. The kid has a great nose for the ball. And he just turn 15.

I think the Smith kid that played there about 5 or 6 years ago had over a hundred tackles in a season. He played MLB for them.
Pages: 1 2 3