Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Just curious. What upcoming sophmores do you think will make a big impact next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fletcher and Huff at Breathitt.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Hey hammertime,
Considering Pikeville has a new system this year, who do you see at the running back positions? I know that Randy Maynard showed promise last year as well as Ross McCoy and J. R. Robinson. Who else do you forsee playing this position.

Clark Keene, Zach B-V are the other 2 that i have heard if anymore that slipped my mind add plz
Bentley from LCC. He will be a house!
Joseph Jamerson - WR/DB (Prestonsburg)
JJ Jude (Johnson Central)
We have some awesome lineman that will be sophomore next year. I know Corey Stewart will add some great size to our line.
LOGAN JOHNSON, The kid is a freak.
Does he need to put on weight? What is coach Howard saying about his weight, and muscle weight?
Jordy Brewer could be the starting QB for Harlan County.
Cougar08,
Have you not seen the 6'2 kid with the big biceps and thick shoulders that they call Logan. Look at him, not your normal freshmen my friend.
For LCC, they have a few. Logan Johnson, Drew Bentley, Ryan Hall, Michael Blair, Koree Stewart will be some big contributers to the team.
i prdict russell to have quite a few coming up and making an impact:

Logan DeHoff(qb)
Paul Spradlin(fb)
Jace Kibbey(ol/dl)
hammertime Wrote:You must not have seen him play last year. He does not care one bit to come up and make the stick. He may be little but he is not afraid to hit anybody. He will be a difference maker. Randy Maynard is another kid who will do whatever it takes to win. he will play any position and will excel at it. He too will be a difference maker. Josh and Jard Tackett will see a lot of time this year and will contribute heavily on O and D. They both run well, catch well, and like to hit. These two are scared of nobody. Blake Robinson is a big kid that could really help this year on the line. He is big and strong and moves well. He isn't as physical yet as he will be in the future, but he is working on that I am sure of. Zack Burgy-Vanhoose is a gifted athlete who can do it on the field. He is going to see the field a lot this year, especially while handling the kick off duties. This kid could very well be a D-1 kicker by his senior year. He did kick a 55 yard field goal in a varsity game last year. Kolby McPeek is another who started around 12 games last year at tight end and he looks to see just as much time this year. He moves well, catches well, and won't quit on any play. While the others in this class won't get as much publicity as these, they will still help to contribute in their own way to getting Pikeville back to where it used to be.

I saw him in the Paintsville game slidding under people instead of coming up and making the stop and thats the reason Piantsville almost came back in the 4th quater due to him sliding under them
Kristian Skyles (Sheldon Clark) RB and LB
kp10 Wrote:Kristian Skyles (Sheldon Clark) RB and LB

Will he be starting or getting a little bit of playing time this year?
i know, right? Wrote:Will he be starting or getting a little bit of playing time this year?

He should start linebacker but be 2nd back!! matt slone should be the starting back!!the kids huge to just be a freshman i think he runs a 4'6 40 and benches over 300 so hes a beast !!! Will be a big help to sc!!
i know, right? Wrote:Will he be starting or getting a little bit of playing time this year?
Skyles started on offense from the last game through the playoffs at RB last year as a freshman. He carried the ball 14 times for 142 yards and 1 td. He also competed in the National Underclassman football combine for freshmen this past weekend in the Lexington regional. Skyles was in the top 3 in all events (40 yd dash, vertical, broad jump , and the 20 yd shuttle ) and won the bench press event by 9 reps over the closest competitor.(40 reps of 135 lbs). There were 125 players at the event, and Skyles won the strongest man award there for putting him in the ultimate 100 combine held in june, for the top 100 freshman in the country, not KY, but country. So to answer your question yes he will start and probably won't come out of the game. There were several Perry County players there and Matt Robinson is another outstanding freshman that will certainly make an impact next year , he already did this past year.
Sydney Fields is a beast. He has added a lot of muscle and he will be a factor.
kp10 Wrote:Skyles started on offense from the last game through the playoffs at RB last year as a freshman. He carried the ball 14 times for 142 yards and 1 td. He also competed in the National Underclassman football combine for freshmen this past weekend in the Lexington regional. Skyles was in the top 3 in all events (40 yd dash, vertical, broad jump , and the 20 yd shuttle ) and won the bench press event by 9 reps over the closest competitor.(40 reps of 135 lbs). There were 125 players at the event, and Skyles won the strongest man award there for putting him in the ultimate 100 combine held in june, for the top 100 freshman in the country, not KY, but country. So to answer your question yes he will start and probably won't come out of the game. There were several Perry County players there and Matt Robinson is another outstanding freshman that will certainly make an impact next year , he already did this past year.

sounds like it
thanks for the info!:thanks:
kp10 Wrote:Skyles started on offense from the last game through the playoffs at RB last year as a freshman. He carried the ball 14 times for 142 yards and 1 td. He also competed in the National Underclassman football combine for freshmen this past weekend in the Lexington regional. Skyles was in the top 3 in all events (40 yd dash, vertical, broad jump , and the 20 yd shuttle ) and won the bench press event by 9 reps over the closest competitor.(40 reps of 135 lbs). There were 125 players at the event, and Skyles won the strongest man award there for putting him in the ultimate 100 combine held in june, for the top 100 freshman in the country, not KY, but country. So to answer your question yes he will start and probably won't come out of the game. There were several Perry County players there and Matt Robinson is another outstanding freshman that will certainly make an impact next year , he already did this past year.

Sounds like D1 material. this is good:Clap:
Josh Fletcher for us at Breathitt. He ran a 4.6 in the forty the other day at practice. He will be a good Sophmore
Cody Taylor and Marcus McMillian could spend a lot of time in Harlan County's backfield.
Bobcat Player Wrote:Josh Fletcher for us at Breathitt. He ran a 4.6 in the forty the other day at practice. He will be a good Sophmore

4.6 is fast now if he can get better at catching he will be able to help big time. Good luck josh.:Thumbs:
Piikeville should have some sophomores coming up because they had a good group last year!
Corbin has a couple that come to mind. Nick Mills started on the OL for most of the season. Big kid about 6'2" 250 range, as a freshmen he's already benching over 300 and squating well over 400 and running his 40 in the 5.0- 5.1 range. Brady Foley is a freshmen that was making a big impact on special teams, with a couple kick returns, before suffering a season ending injury. And Travis Smith who sat out entire season because of knee surgery, will have an opportunity to win starting job at QB. This kid has pretty good armstrength, but he is pinpoint with his accuracy.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Joseph Jamerson - WR/DB (Prestonsburg)

agree 100% joseph is a playmaker. i would like to see the wildcat with him taking some snaps but burchett throwing him the deep ball isn't too bad either Go Cats!
i know, right? Wrote:I saw him in the Paintsville game slidding under people instead of coming up and making the stop and thats the reason Piantsville almost came back in the 4th quater due to him sliding under them
Go easy there. The kid was FRESHMEN last year and didnt even play half the year due to a broken collar bone. Are you sure you werent looking at Jay Martin or Gatlin Clark? I watched the Paintsville game and I didnt see any of that out of Gavin. Gavin will be a solid contributor this year IMO.
Betsy Laynes,Austin Hall and Corey Jarrell i think will make a big impact for the Bobcats.
Green County-Donovan Burton
:Thumbs: SV upcoming Sophomores have really been working hard and conditioning well. They have several you probably will see on the field a lot. Logan Lucas of course will return even stronger than last year as will Dustin Charles, Wes Adkins and Lucas Fields. In addition to the team having several returning as Seniors they also have strong Freshman coming on board too. The team as a whole will be very strong and well prepared.
Pages: 1 2 3