Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I look for Bell to be solid next year also . They return several starters from this years team.
Bell County 89 Wrote:I look for Bell to be solid next year also . They return several starters from this years team.

They also had a lot of underclassmen get quite a bit of pt due to scores being out of reach after the first quarter of many games.
Go Bell County.
I think that Bell only loses 3 players off the defensive side of the ball. And 4 from the offensive side. I look for Bell to make another run at the 4A title once again.
They have a very talented group of young kids but they will really have to go to work. They lose a very strong group of players but more importantly a group of leaders. This Sr. class had a bunch of could be superstars but for the most part they took a backseat in order for the TEAM to win. I hope the younger players were paying attention.

They have some key spots that have huge holes to fill and some players need to go to work to fill those spots.

Bell could be a team that could push for the state title again next year BUT it depends on what they do between now and JULY!!!!!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:They have a very talented group of young kids but they will really have to go to work. They lose a very strong group of players but more importantly a group of leaders. This Sr. class had a bunch of could be superstars but for the most part they took a backseat in order for the TEAM to win. I hope the younger players were paying attention.

They have some key spots that have huge holes to fill and some players need to go to work to fill those spots.

Bell could be a team that could push for the state title again next year BUT it depends on what they do between now and JULY!!!!!

Definitely! They can be there again but it will take alot of hard work and dedication and it can be done they have had the success with alot of young kids this past season. GO BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still to early, several questions to be answered. Weightroom and spring, summer camp work will determine what the Bobcats will do.
Even with Bells few losses its going to be hard for them to get back to the title game because i believe boyle county is back on the rise after a few down years.
Good Luck In 09
bac2369 Wrote:Even with Bells few losses its going to be hard for them to get back to the title game because i believe boyle county is back on the rise after a few down years.

Boyle has 6 or 7 starters returning. Bell has many returning so don't be so sure. Wink
bac2369 Wrote:Even with Bells few losses its going to be hard for them to get back to the title game because i believe boyle county is back on the rise after a few down years.

With all due respect, we are on the rise to and we are just as good. It's going to be just as hard for them to reach the title game as well. Year in and year out we're going to have a chance to get there too.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Boyle has 6 or 7 starters returning. Bell has many returning so don't be so sure. Wink

We're not going to win it for just one year and then become an afterthought.
easyM Wrote:With all due respect, we are on the rise to and we are just as good. It's going to be just as hard for them to reach the title game as well. Year in and year out we're going to have a chance to get there too.

Bell is team with tradition and a lot of good football players on the team. I mean no disrespect to Bell because I am so glad Bell finally got over the hump. I just believe Belll has a lot to replace with losing Greer, Zackary, and many others. But i believe even with the loses of those kids the Bell defense keeps on top once again.
bac2369 Wrote:Bell is team with tradition and a lot of good football players on the team. I mean no disrespect to Bell because I am so glad Bell finally got over the hump. I just believe Belll has a lot to replace with losing Greer, Zackary, and many others. But i believe even with the loses of those kids the Bell defense keeps on top once again.

Zachery will be hard to replace on both sides of the ball. Harbin will also be difficult. I don't think Bell will miss a beat with Davenport and Carton at HB. Both are tough runners and have speed to break the long run.
You are Absolutely Correct that Bell will miss Zachary at QB!!

Replacing his athleticism, quickness, and instinct is impossible. But Bell County will have a QB w skills - Ben Madon may not be the weapon that Zachary was, but he brings a ton of intelligence and quick thinking ability to the table. I would not underestimate this young man. I would bet that he will surprise many with his ability next year.
Bell will have to make major adjustments to replace the Merrick kid. Field position with all those touchbacks have been a great help to defense according to Coach Greer. Also his 94 points of offense this year will be missed. Best Wishes to Merrick as he goes on to the next level and plays on Saturdays!
Bell Co will miss the leadership of Zachary but have another promising year ahead of them in 09. Good luck Bobcats!
bell should be your 4A champion again the only team i see challenging them is boyle co.
How good was Bell O-L, after watching the state championship it looked as if they got pushed around pretty good. When we played earlier in the year they handled us with pretty good, did see much improvement up front?
redstorm Wrote:How good was Bell O-L, after watching the state championship it looked as if they got pushed around pretty good. When we played earlier in the year they handled us with pretty good, did see much improvement up front?

The Bell o-line played a very good game up front in the state game. Go back and watch the film. The only thing that hurt Bell was BE middle backer and the left tackle. Other than those to, we man handled BE. Again, go watch the film and look at how many time the ball was drove up and down the field. Just had a few bad plays inside the redzone.
THis was the talk at half with other coaches in the hospitality room, very surprised to see Bullitt East handling Bell up front, second half was a little different story.
redstorm Wrote:THis was the talk at half with other coaches in the hospitality room, very surprised to see Bullitt East handling Bell up front, second half was a little different story.

I agree. Must have been some halftime talk.
redstorm Wrote:THis was the talk at half with other coaches in the hospitality room, very surprised to see Bullitt East handling Bell up front, second half was a little different story.

No disrespect but that was probally the reason those coaches were in the hospitality room and not on the field. Rolleyes

I don't think Bell go manhandled upfront. I think BE done some things that Bell was not ready for and took the half to adjust. Also Bell had some let downs in excecution by some skilled players in the 1st half when in scoring postion. Keep in mind Bell has 5 offensive lineman on the field it is very hard for those 5 to block 9 and sometimes 10 defensive players in the box.

I look for the front people to be the strength of Bell just like in the years past. No different. :dontthink
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:No disrespect but that was probally the reason those coaches were in the hospitality room and not on the field. Rolleyes

I don't think Bell go manhandled upfront. I think BE done some things that Bell was not ready for and took the half to adjust. Also Bell had some let downs in excecution by some skilled players in the 1st half when in scoring postion. Keep in mind Bell has 5 offensive lineman on the field it is very hard for those 5 to block 9 and sometimes 10 defensive players in the box.

I look for the front people to be the strength of Bell just like in the years past. No different. :dontthink

I'm not sure Bell got handled up front, but I do think that they got suprised by B.E. I think that Bullit was a little better than people, including myself, gave them credit for. Bell did overcome and ended up bringing the gold back to the mountains where it belonged. I think they will make another run next year also. The only question being what's been said before, what does Boyle bring to the table next year.
blitzingback Wrote:The only question being what's been said before, what does Boyle bring to the table next year.

Not much according to what they announced on the PA at the game. 8 or 9 of the starters on offense were seniors and 7 or 8 on defense. I would say Lex Cath will be the best out of that district.
I'm sorry but when I see all 5 Bell County linemen being pushed back on O and D from BE linemen then they were being dominated. Don't tell me that they did something different that no other team did all year in the previous 14 games. Bell County got whipped on the line, it was obvious when watching the game, take as you want.
Box Top Wrote:I'm sorry but when I see all 5 Bell County linemen being pushed back on O and D from BE linemen then they were being dominated. Don't tell me that they did something different that no other team did all year in the previous 14 games. Bell County got whipped on the line, it was obvious when watching the game, take as you want.

Again, I am sure there was a reason you was in the stands and not on the field! When you put 9 and 10 men in the box with 5 offensive lineman they cannot block them all. Thanks for your insiteful observation thou. We will enjoy them and along with our rings.
How many lineman are returning for Bell? I believe they are young up front?
Trenches07 Wrote:Again, I am sure there was a reason you was in the stands and not on the field! When you put 9 and 10 men in the box with 5 offensive lineman they cannot block them all. Thanks for your insiteful observation thou. We will enjoy them and along with our rings.

I'm in the stands because I am not associated with Bell County nor in the profession to get an opportunity to get on the field. Either way, it wasn't the running game I was basing it on, it was the direct head to head battle that both teams lineman were having and you cannot tell me that I didn't see Bell County getting pushed back almost the entire game. Sorry, why do you care so much, you all won the game. Let others have a chance to chime in and have their own opinion, Bell County was pushed back plain and simple. An elusive QB allowed Bell County to win the game.
Box Top I thought you might had a little of an idea of what you were talking about until I saw this statement from you.

Box Top Wrote:An elusive QB allowed Bell County to win the game.

When did Bell's QB scramble in the State Finals? I have your answer 2 times for +3 yards. If you were watching them get pushed back you must have been on some good stuff b/c you have no idea what you are talking about. I have a young man on the field and we have watched that game on film about a dozen times in the past few weeks and only on a few occasions all in the first half did I see a lineman from Bell getting whipped. So to you I say. :howdy:

Redstorm Bell started 3 Jrs on the O-line and 2 on the D-line with a soph being the backup.
Pages: 1 2 3 4