Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
To be elusive one doesn't have to run for yards, merely stay alive and cause a disruption in the defensive scheme. But like I said an elusive QB allowed Bell County to get to Louisville, just ask Boyle County. I saw what I saw and you can see what you seen, but considering you have family on the team, I'd expect a bias response.
To think Bell's O line was not getting whipped that first half is just looking through Blue Colored glasses. On the good drive they had , in the spread offense, right before half there was one offensive lineman who held twice that wasn't even called. I won't call out his position or number because I would not do that but they were obvious. The D line was also getting it taken to them. BE's left guard repeatedly mauled on d-lineman. Again no numbers or anything but I can see him on his back like it was yesterday.
Yogibear Wrote:To think Bell's O line was not getting whipped that first half is just looking through Blue Colored glasses. On the good drive they had , in the spread offense, right before half there was one offensive lineman who held twice that wasn't even called. I won't call out his position or number because I would not do that but they were obvious. The D line was also getting it taken to them. BE's left guard repeatedly mauled on d-lineman. Again no numbers or anything but I can see him on his back like it was yesterday.

What about the drive they ran the ball down to the 1. Were the O-line not blocking? Was it all RB's getting it done? People see 1 play and base the entire game on that 1 play. Yes Bell had players get whipped at times but not ALL the TIME as you 2 try to tell on this thread. It is very easy to hate on a team that won the State Championship I guess. Maybe your expectations were a little too high? Bell was human.

The D-lineman you are refering too get pancaked was a Sophmore who had just carried the ball 6 straight times on offense and then turned around on defense.

It is very easy to say this and that when you see it happen 1-time but to be a true judge you must see every play, which the average fan or even average coach does not.
Actually Carton, who you are referring to did the best of any of them IMO. He did cause problems in the 2nd half for some of the BE offense.
I am not judging by one or two plays. I watched the whole game and generally watch the line play on every play. That is how you tell where the ball is going. I don't watch the ball. I am not saying Bell didn't have an impressive drive or two. Heck, they won a state title. No one is hating on them. I am just stating that they were not as dominant as some on here would like people to believe. I know they can play. I played offensive and defensive line. That is why I would not call out any players earlier, but the kid I saw flatbacked had it done REPEATEDLY. I had everyone around me that day watching him. I don't think the kid I am talking about carried the ball that much. Maybe I am wrong, but like I said I usually watch the line and could care less who carries it. It was just less than I expected from Bell I guess. Maybe I expected them to dominate BE. I just didn't see it that way. I will never bow down to Bell though. I respect the program, but I will never be caught saying they are the BEST This and the BEST that.
Carton, by the way, is definitely NOT who I am referring to.
Yogibear Wrote:I am not judging by one or two plays. I watched the whole game and generally watch the line play on every play. That is how you tell where the ball is going. I don't watch the ball. I am not saying Bell didn't have an impressive drive or two. Heck, they won a state title. No one is hating on them. I am just stating that they were not as dominant as some on here would like people to believe. I know they can play. I played offensive and defensive line. That is why I would not call out any players earlier, but the kid I saw flatbacked had it done REPEATEDLY. I had everyone around me that day watching him. I don't think the kid I am talking about carried the ball that much. Maybe I am wrong, but like I said I usually watch the line and could care less who carries it. It was just less than I expected from Bell I guess. Maybe I expected them to dominate BE. I just didn't see it that way. I will never bow down to Bell though. I respect the program, but I will never be caught saying they are the BEST This and the BEST that.

I am sure that these fine young athletes that play on the offensive and defensive line at Bell who read this appreicate your applause of their efforts of a long and hard faught season and some of their final h.s. performances. :1:
Yogibear Wrote:I am not judging by one or two plays. I watched the whole game and generally watch the line play on every play. That is how you tell where the ball is going. I don't watch the ball. I am not saying Bell didn't have an impressive drive or two. Heck, they won a state title. No one is hating on them. I am just stating that they were not as dominant as some on here would like people to believe. I know they can play. I played offensive and defensive line. That is why I would not call out any players earlier, but the kid I saw flatbacked had it done REPEATEDLY. I had everyone around me that day watching him. I don't think the kid I am talking about carried the ball that much. Maybe I am wrong, but like I said I usually watch the line and could care less who carries it. It was just less than I expected from Bell I guess. Maybe I expected them to dominate BE. I just didn't see it that way. I will never bow down to Bell though. I respect the program, but I will never be caught saying they are the BEST This and the BEST that.

I sure hope you have watched Bell play more then just that game. They cant always have a perfect game but they have one of the Strongest O-lines. I guess thats why we got to the State game because we showed we can Play and Win. And know one wants you to say we are the Best becauses we dont need you opinion and never ask you to bow down to us. We came, We played, We WON, We rode home with the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Oh and enjoyed every minute of it. So enough said, we think our team did a outstanding job all year and they deserve RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched them play Knox Central also and Knox Central won the battle up front also, it was Bell's skill players that won the game, congrats to them but not everyone has to bow down to the Bobcats, repsect is earned not given and some of the arrogance from bell county people makes it hard to earn respect. no one is taking anything away from the team just speaking at what they saw, I saw Bell county get beat up front the 2 times i watched them.
Box Top Wrote:I watched them play Knox Central also and Knox Central won the battle up front also, it was Bell's skill players that won the game, congrats to them but not everyone has to bow down to the Bobcats, repsect is earned not given and some of the arrogance from bell county people makes it hard to earn respect. no one is taking anything away from the team just speaking at what they saw, I saw Bell county get beat up front the 2 times i watched them.

I watched Knox take out knees most of the night....and...Bullit East get smacked BACK in the mouth, second half of a football game, much harder than they smacked the first half.

By the way...Bell will be as good next year...different style than this...play them and see if smash mouth football doesn't return.
Box Top Wrote:I watched them play Knox Central also and Knox Central won the battle up front also, it was Bell's skill players that won the game, congrats to them but not everyone has to bow down to the Bobcats, repsect is earned not given and some of the arrogance from bell county people makes it hard to earn respect. no one is taking anything away from the team just speaking at what they saw, I saw Bell county get beat up front the 2 times i watched them.

I have not read any post below this one but I couldnt read without responding to this post. Not one Bell County fan got on here and said a arrogant word until you started with your jealousy.

I am really dont care about who you think won the battle up front. We won, get over it and respect was earned by the sweat of the whole team all year in every game they won together. And I think all the things said from anyone started with your statements about our team. We always have someone with a bad comment to say about Bells fans. I was at that game also and I remember mistakes Knox made, so do I need to number all them for you also!!! Really I think you have the arrogance going on.

Knox may have won some battles up front but they didn't make the plays when it counted at the end. The best team won. Any team that completes an undefeated season has had a major accomplishment. They won't win all of the battles but the difference is to overcome adversity and that is what Bell Co did the last 3 games of the season and that is why the 4A trophy is on Log Mtn.
Amped 88 Wrote:Knox may have won some battles up front but they didn't make the plays when it counted at the end. The best team won. Any team that completes an undefeated season has had a major accomplishment. They won't win all of the battles but the difference is to overcome adversity and that is what Bell Co did the last 3 games of the season and that is why the 4A trophy is on Log Mtn.

VERY WELL SAID AMPED! TongueirateSho :flame: TongueirateSho
Amped 88 Wrote:Knox may have won some battles up front but they didn't make the plays when it counted at the end. The best team won. Any team that completes an undefeated season has had a major accomplishment. They won't win all of the battles but the difference is to overcome adversity and that is what Bell Co did the last 3 games of the season and that is why the 4A trophy is on Log Mtn.
Really appreciate those words. I thank you!
Trenches07 Wrote:VERY WELL SAID AMPED! TongueirateSho :flame: TongueirateSho

Thanks Treches07 appreciate that tired of hearing about Knox, Bullitt East winning the battles in the trenches. The best team won and Bell County is the only undefeated team in the state of KY in 08 so their are going to be times were they are going to have adversity. In 1996 Bell vs Highlands was the same way. Bell won the majority of the battles up front as well as the total offesnse yards but Highlands won the game. They found a way to win and overcome and then they completed an undefeated season the next week. If that is what Knox and other people need to make them sleep better at night then so be it. We will see you next season on Log Mtn.
Amped 88 Wrote:Thanks Treches07 appreciate that tired of hearing about Knox, Bullitt East winning the battles in the trenches. The best team won and Bell County is the only undefeated team in the state of KY in 08 so their are going to be times were they are going to have adversity. In 1996 Bell vs Highlands was the same way. Bell won the majority of the battles up front as well as the total offesnse yards but Highlands won the game. They found a way to win and overcome and then they completed an undefeated season the next week. If that is what Knox and other people need to make them sleep better at night then so be it. We will see you next season on Log Mtn.

No body likes to hear anyone Brag about themselves or Put any team down. I find it hard to take those comments and they can be harmful to a (player) or team and fan. So when I see a comment with a harmful word to anyone I tell the truth in return. I think you are right and I also want to tell all Knox Co they have a great bunch of players and a very good football team. We enjoy every game with knox no matter the outcome of any game!:Thumbs:
thoughts about the upcoming season for the Bobcats? who did they lose from last year's State Championship team and who do they have returning? Bobcats went 15-0, Won Class 4A State Title.

Aug 21, 09Alcoa, TNat Bell/Middlesboro6:00 PMCity/County Bowl Game
Aug 29, 09Marion Countyaway5:30 PMMarion County Pigskin Classic
Sep 4, 09Johnson Centralaway7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09Whitley Countyaway7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09Openhome
Sep 25, 09Rockcastle Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09Knox Centralhome7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09Soddy Daisy, TNhome7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09Madison Southernaway7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09McCreary Centralaway7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09Harlan Countyhome7:30 PM
Strikeout King Wrote:thoughts about the upcoming season for the Bobcats? who did they lose from last year's State Championship team and who do they have returning? Bobcats went 15-0, Won Class 4A State Title.

Aug 21, 09Alcoa, TNat Bell/Middlesboro6:00 PMCity/County Bowl Game
Aug 29, 09Marion Countyaway5:30 PMMarion County Pigskin Classic
Sep 4, 09Johnson Centralaway7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09Whitley Countyaway7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09Openhome
Sep 25, 09Rockcastle Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09Knox Centralhome7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09Soddy Daisy, TNhome7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09Madison Southernaway7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09McCreary Centralaway7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09Harlan Countyhome7:30 PM

Bell has alot returning on defense with 7 returning starters and many that played alot last season. The offense will depend on the QB position. If Ben Madon a Jr. can handle everything then I see Bell County repeating as 4A state champs.
I have to agree with Amped on this one.

The real story is at the QB position. Madon will do a nice job I think though. I was able to watch him last year throw a few passes when I was visiting the Middlesboro area. I was somewhat impressed with him.

He may not be a Zackery, but he should be able to lead the Bobcats to another state title. At least, a final four appearance.

I will wish this Bobcat team luck in the '09 season, but not too much luck. :biggrin:
I think Bell Co will shock alot of people this season. Ben Madon is a great QB and has a better arm that Zachery. You put a State Championship team plus a middle school team that were runners-up last season and you have a powerful team. The stables are going to be great this year at RB. You have Dominic Carton, Cory Davenport, and Ryan Collett all that has speed and more speed. Remember the last 5 seasons Bell Co has went 60-8 which is a amazing record!!!!
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:I have to agree with Amped on this one.

The real story is at the QB position. Madon will do a nice job I think though. I was able to watch him last year throw a few passes when I was visiting the Middlesboro area. I was somewhat impressed with him.

He may not be a Zackery, but he should be able to lead the Bobcats to another state title. At least, a final four appearance.

I will wish this Bobcat team luck in the '09 season, but not too much luck. :biggrin:

I sure hope you are right Mboro Alumni.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think Bell Co will shock alot of people this season. Ben Madon is a great QB and has a better arm that Zachery. You put a State Championship team plus a middle school team that were runners-up last season and you have a powerful team. The stables are going to be great this year at RB. You have Dominic Carton, Cory Davenport, and Ryan Collett all that has speed and more speed. Remember the last 5 seasons Bell Co has went 60-8 which is a amazing record!!!!
Are you stupid? Madon has a better arm than Zachery. The kid has not played one varsity game yet and you make this statement. Talk about this about week 5 and I might agree with you. NOT
I guess we will see. A Whitley Co fan trying to say they know over a Bell Co fan who is as close to the football family as you can be without being the Head Coach. If you knew who I was you would agree too. There were many times last year where we pulled Zachery out and put in Madon who made the O run.
Another accomplishment Ben Madon has already made was winning the FCA passing camp at Campbellsville University this past weekend. Madon also completed every pass but one in the last game they played and the one incompletion was a dropped ball by the receiver
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think Bell Co will shock alot of people this season. Ben Madon is a great QB and has a better arm that Zachery. You put a State Championship team plus a middle school team that were runners-up last season and you have a powerful team. The stables are going to be great this year at RB. You have Dominic Carton, Cory Davenport, and Ryan Collett all that has speed and more speed. Remember the last 5 seasons Bell Co has went 60-8 which is a amazing record!!!!

Tonight at practice Sophmore Cory Davenport ran a 4.42 40 and Junior Dominic Carton and Freshman Ryan Collett both ran 4.5 40's. Remember Cory got hurt like 4th week into the season last year and didnt even get to play the last part of the season. The kid is a freak at the RB position!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Tonight at practice Sophmore Cory Davenport ran a 4.42 40 and Junior Dominic Carton and Freshman Ryan Collett both ran 4.5 40's. Remember Cory got hurt like 4th week into the season last year and didnt even get to play the last part of the season. The kid is a freak at the RB position!!

Wow that is impressive he will be something to reckon with this season.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Tonight at practice Sophmore Cory Davenport ran a 4.42 40 and Junior Dominic Carton and Freshman Ryan Collett both ran 4.5 40's. Remember Cory got hurt like 4th week into the season last year and didnt even get to play the last part of the season. The kid is a freak at the RB position!!

The Davenport kid may have ran a 4.4, the other two not close to that time. I have seen the Carton kid run, he is not a 4.6 maybe 4.7or 4.8 There not a freshman in this state that will run a 4.5 unless he is a freak. Need to check your clock on the last two names. The kid that ran track (reynolds/rays) may have ran a 4.5. Just not sure you are that close to the program.
Davenport ran a 4.43. Carton did not run but I would suspect we would run a 4.7-4.8 range. Raines ran a 4.47 or somewere in that neighborhood. He also broke the previous record held by Brent Slusher who went on to Auburn in Bell's yearly Physical fitness test. Raines is a FREAK. Cleaned 280, benched 270weighing around 170.

Collet ran a 4.8 which is really good for a Freshman. The elder Davenport ran a 4.5, Madon ran a 4.68. 4 year starter on the D-line Billy Lawson ran a 4.9 weighing in at 240, OL Joeseph Collett ran a 4.98 and DL/TE Justin Patterson ran a 4.9.

Don't dispute these numbers b/c I can assure you they are right. Confusedhh:Bell does fudge on numbers like weights and 40's. In a lot of years they have kids go to combines and better their numbers.
Tom Gambrel is wanting to take over the head coaching job at Bell County with Craig "Boo" Brock being his assistant. what do you think?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Davenport ran a 4.43. Carton did not run but I would suspect we would run a 4.7-4.8 range. Raines ran a 4.47 or somewere in that neighborhood. He also broke the previous record held by Brent Slusher who went on to Auburn in Bell's yearly Physical fitness test. Raines is a FREAK. Cleaned 280, benched 270weighing around 170.

Collet ran a 4.8 which is really good for a Freshman. The elder Davenport ran a 4.5, Madon ran a 4.68. 4 year starter on the D-line Billy Lawson ran a 4.9 weighing in at 240, OL Joeseph Collett ran a 4.98 and DL/TE Justin Patterson ran a 4.9.

Don't dispute these numbers b/c I can assure you they are right. Confusedhh:Bell does fudge on numbers like weights and 40's. In a lot of years they have kids go to combines and better their numbers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4