Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dr. Truth Wrote:Tom Gambrel is wanting to take over the head coaching job at Bell County with Craig "Boo" Brock being his assistant. what do you think?

Shawn Jones has already volunteered to wash the Jock straps.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Davenport ran a 4.43. Carton did not run but I would suspect we would run a 4.7-4.8 range. Raines ran a 4.47 or somewere in that neighborhood. He also broke the previous record held by Brent Slusher who went on to Auburn in Bell's yearly Physical fitness test. Raines is a FREAK. Cleaned 280, benched 270weighing around 170.

Collet ran a 4.8 which is really good for a Freshman. The elder Davenport ran a 4.5, Madon ran a 4.68. 4 year starter on the D-line Billy Lawson ran a 4.9 weighing in at 240, OL Joeseph Collett ran a 4.98 and DL/TE Justin Patterson ran a 4.9.

Don't dispute these numbers b/c I can assure you they are right. Confusedhh:Bell does fudge on numbers like weights and 40's. In a lot of years they have kids go to combines and better their numbers.

Glad to hear you have the stats down pack I wasn't able to be up there last night and I was told by another player on the times. Wow didnt know Cody D could run a 4.5 40. Did Dominic really punch the wall last night and had to go to the hospital? So you have the current 40's below:

Sophmore Cory Davenport 4.43
Senior Matt Raines 4.47
Freshman Ryan Collett 4.8
Junior QB Ben Madon 4.6

Bell Co is playing another 7 on 7 today at Union College I believe?
redstorm Wrote:The Davenport kid may have ran a 4.4, the other two not close to that time. I have seen the Carton kid run, he is not a 4.6 maybe 4.7or 4.8 There not a freshman in this state that will run a 4.5 unless he is a freak. Need to check your clock on the last two names. The kid that ran track (reynolds/rays) may have ran a 4.5. Just not sure you are that close to the program.

I think you have problems when it comes to Bell Co football my friend. I done said I wasn't able to make it up there last night due to work. Yes I am close to the program.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Glad to hear you have the stats down pack I wasn't able to be up there last night and I was told by another player on the times. Wow didnt know Cody D could run a 4.5 40. Did Dominic really punch the wall last night and had to go to the hospital? So you have the current 40's below:

Sophmore Cory Davenport 4.43
Senior Matt Raines 4.47
Freshman Ryan Collett 4.8
Junior QB Ben Madon 4.6

Bell Co is playing another 7 on 7 today at Union College I believe?

Ben Madon is a little faster than I thought if that is the correct 40-time.

To all of you who think Davenport isn't all he is cracked up to be, let me just tell you that this kid is going to be good. Just watch and see. I seen him play last year along with Madon and the other younger guys while I was in the area. These young players have some great potential and will step up this year.

As much as it hurts me to type anything good about Bell County, there is no denying that they are the Mountain favorites again this season and probably the 4A favorites as well. There is no if's, and's, or but's about it.

Some of you may be a bit skeptical of Madon taking Zachery's place. Like I said earlier in the thread, I watched Madon throw a few passes last year and I was impressed. As someone else said, Madon has a better arm than Zachery. I bet he could throw a good 40 or 50 yard pass consistently.

Greer will be greatly missed at running back. But knowing Bell County and Coach Hilton, they will have a couple of players ready to fill that void and the Bobcats won't miss a beat.
Saw them in a passing tourney and if they can pass they way they did and plus be the usual power football team then they will no doubt win 5a again.They are a very athletic and well coached team.They were a joy to watch!!
eaglefan1991 Wrote:Saw them in a passing tourney and if they can pass they way they did and plus be the usual power football team then they will no doubt win 5a again.They are a very athletic and well coached team.They were a joy to watch!!

4A.
yes you are right.5a would be the great Highlands team correct???
eaglefan1991 Wrote:yes you are right.5a would be the great Highlands team correct???

Correct.
Coach Hilton is a class act and always has a great team on the field. I look for them to go deep in the playoffs and potentially wind up back in the finals.
The Bobcats will be just fine and they'll also be one of the favorites to win class 4A yet again. They do have some holes to replace in the backfield and at quarterback, but with the return Dominic Carton & Justin Gooden in the backfield the Bobcats should be hard to stop on the ground. Plus the Bobcats return majority of their receivers as well, they just need to find someone who can get them the ball. Defense should be stellar as always.

Best of luck to Bell this season!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The Bobcats will be just fine and they'll also be one of the favorites to win class 4A yet again. They do have some holes to replace in the backfield and at quarterback, but with the return Dominic Carton & Justin Gooden in the backfield the Bobcats should be hard to stop on the ground. Plus the Bobcats return majority of their receivers as well, they just need to find someone who can get them the ball. Defense should be stellar as always.

Best of luck to Bell this season!

Goodin graduated. Madon will be fine at QB. Bell's biggest question will be a couple of OL/DL and more depth in the backfield. The rest will be very, very good.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Goodin graduated. Madon will be fine at QB. Bell's biggest question will be a couple of OL/DL and more depth in the backfield. The rest will be very, very good.

Coach Hoskins will have his work cut out for him this year. I sure hope he is up to the challenge. I believe he will though:thatsfunn
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Goodin graduated. Madon will be fine at QB. Bell's biggest question will be a couple of OL/DL and more depth in the backfield. The rest will be very, very good.

Did Madon get enough playing time last year to not get nervous once he is on the field. I bet there's a lot of pressure taking over for a state champion and everyone expecting him to lead them back again! Athletic ability can only go so far then you have to use your head! Haven't seen him play so I don't really know anything about him.
Patriot Wrote:Did Madon get enough playing time last year to not get nervous once he is on the field. I bet there's a lot of pressure taking over for a state champion and everyone expecting him to lead them back again! Athletic ability can only go so far then you have to use your head! Haven't seen him play so I don't really know anything about him.

Not hardly enough, but I'm telling you Madon will be just fine as the new starter. Read my last post on this thread. I've seen him in person, he will do fine.

I do agree with you though, there will be a lot of pressure on the kid. He will embrace it and do some good things this season though, don't worry about that.

I would be more worried about the replacement of Greer than of Zachery. Listen though people, Coach Hilton is as good a coach as you can ask for to lead a high school program and he knows how to get the job done. As I said earlier about the running back situation, Coach Hilton will have one or two guys ready to step in and produce.
I believe Catron will do pretty well filling the shoes of Greer, but I still believe there is some let down from experience, but that all takes care of itself as the season goes along!
Talked with Hilton Monday and he said that he hired Coach fraazier from Cumberland to coach his OL. Carton, is he still around? Coach is not very upbeat about the youngman.
redstorm Wrote:Talked with Hilton Monday and he said that he hired Coach fraazier from Cumberland to coach his OL. Carton, is he still around? Coach is not very upbeat about the youngman.

Frazier has been coaching at Bell for 3 years now. The OL will be ok with Hoskins and Frazier showing them the way. :Thumbs: Frazier has been coaching LB's the past 2 seasons and will continue to do so this season. Carton is still around but not sure what to expect from him.
Many coaches should take a page from Dudley's playbook. I think he has proven you don't have to be a "spread" football team to win championships.
William Muney Wrote:Frazier has been coaching at Bell for 3 years now. The OL will be ok with Hoskins and Frazier showing them the way. :Thumbs: Frazier has been coaching LB's the past 2 seasons and will continue to do so this season. Carton is still around but not sure what to expect from him.

Frazier is the coach we should have hired at SL. HE is quietly getting back into football under one of the best in the state. Another year and he will be one schools should go after.
Guys let me tell you Cory Davenport will be the BEST RB on the team this year hands down and even better than Spencer Greer. Spencer was a slow RB, Cory runs a 4.43 40 which is a superman speed in high school. Carton is still on the team but heard he might have to sit out the first 3 games due to something that happened in school last year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Guys let me tell you Cory Davenport will be the BEST RB on the team this year hands down and even better than Spencer Greer. Spencer was a slow RB, Cory runs a 4.43 40 which is a superman speed in high school. Carton is still on the team but heard he might have to sit out the first 3 games due to something that happened in school last year.

May be one of the best running backs to come through in a long time. By far the best on this team.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Guys let me tell you Cory Davenport will be the BEST RB on the team this year hands down and even better than Spencer Greer. Spencer was a slow RB, Cory runs a 4.43 40 which is a superman speed in high school. Carton is still on the team but heard he might have to sit out the first 3 games due to something that happened in school last year.

Are you kidding me? :yikes:

Corey Davenport will do a fine job this year and is very fast, he is much faster than Greer, I agree with that.

But, you are saying he is going to be better than Spencer Greer???? No way he will be. Greer could power over anyone, no one player could bring him down. He was an absolute force out on the field. Replacing Greer won't be an easy task like you think it's going to be, but Coach Hilton and the rest of the Staff will get the job done I'm sure. They always do and I don't doubt it this year either.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Are you kidding me? :yikes:

Corey Davenport will do a fine job this year and is very fast, he is much faster than Greer, I agree with that.

But, you are saying he is going to be better than Spencer Greer???? No way he will be. Greer could power over anyone, no one player could bring him down. He was an absolute force out on the field. Replacing Greer won't be an easy task like you think it's going to be, but Coach Hilton and the rest of the Staff will get the job done I'm sure. They always do and I don't doubt it this year either.

Greer may have been the third best back on last years team.
Tony D'Amato Wrote:Greer may have been the third best back on last years team.

I doubt that. I thought Greer was the go-to guy when Bell needed yards.

He will be missed, that's for sure.

Like everyone else is saying though, Bell shouldn't miss a beat with Carton and Davenport stepping in. They should have fine seasons. I've heard good things about Ben Madon at Quarterback, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Bell should be the top favorite to win 4A once again.
When Spencer was healthy he was a good back. But it was unfortunate that he was not healthy last year especially toward the end. Apparently chasing numbers instead of health was more important, not on his part but his Father's. By they end of the year he was at best the 3rd best back on the team due to his injuries.
William Muney Wrote:When Spencer was healthy he was a good back. But it was unfortunate that he was not healthy last year especially toward the end. Apparently chasing numbers instead of health was more important, not on his part but his Father's. By they end of the year he was at best the 3rd best back on the team due to his injuries.

Wasn't aware of this. Who ran in his place?
Good luck Bell Co. in the upcoming season.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Wasn't aware of this. Who ran in his place?

That is the problem nobody ran in his place. He kept playing and appeared to get worse as the season went on. He appeared to be dragging his leg near the end of the year. Unfortunatly most fans will remember that Greer instead of the one when he was healthy dragged defenders, ran through them and ran around them. He is the defenition of a COMPETOR!!
Tony D'Amato Wrote:Greer may have been the third best back on last years team.
You have lost your mind and now very little about football. When we played them our game plan was to stop him 100% and we couldn't get that done. That is why we lost
Greer had a ankle sprain or knee injury not for sure, but most kids would have stopped playing. This shows the tuffiness of this kid.
Pages: 1 2 3 4