Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg - Oct. 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Homecoming for the Blackcats as they'll host the Pikeville who is coming off of a thrashing over South Floyd. The Blackcats are coming off of a tough loss to 1A power Beechwood, 43-14.

Should be an exciting game, I'll take my Blackcats by 3 touchdowns.
If Prestonsburg plays with the same intensity they did against Beechwood they might just get beat.
I'm going to go with the Blackcats in this one. Might be close for a while, but I look for them to pull away with the W.
IRISH4 Wrote:I'm going to go with the Blackcats in this one. Might be close for a while, but I look for them to pull away with the W.

The Blackcats have a lot of weapons and they are a very good football team. It will be a very hard task for the Panthers to get this win.
Panthers will lay the thrashing on pburg just like we saw friday night agaist South Floyd!!
Well Pikeville sure isn't Beechwood! The Blackcats should be able to handle the Panthers. But if they don't show up to play Pikeville could give them a game. It won't likely be a blowout, but P-burg should win it without difficulty.
Prestonsburg big.
Prestonsburg by 17 in this game. Pikeville takes and early 7-0 lead then P-Burg wakes up and finshes the game 34 to 17.
SportsKing Wrote:The Blackcats have a lot of weapons and they are a very good football team. It will be a very hard task for the Panthers to get this win.

That's why I chose P'burg Big Grin Seth Setser is a moose, very tough/hard nosed RB and with Craynon (haven't seen him this year, but in the past I know he is agile and fast!) being back that will add another weapon in the backfield. Also, Michael Burchett is a smart QB with a good arm and is accurate. He has a gifted receiver in Gearhart and another (can't think of his name) that can mix into the scheme. If used correctly, then I see no problems for the 'Cats in this one.
Prestonsburg by as much as they want...and I hope they run it up to give Pikeville a taste of their own medicine.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Prestonsburg by as much as they want...and I hope they run it up to give Pikeville a taste of their own medicine.
So you wish the kids that play for your alma mater to get embarrased because you have a beef with the coaching staff? Thats just PATHETIC! I guess your precious Coach Mac never hung 60 on a team did he?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:So you wish the kids that play for your alma mater to get embarrased because you have a beef with the coaching staff? Thats just PATHETIC! I guess your precious Coach Mac never hung 60 on a team did he?

I never said I wished it on the kids, please point out where I said that? But I do wish it on the coaching staff. Maybe that will open someone's eyes.

And no, to my knowledge, we never ran up the score like that, leaving our starters in through the 4th quarter just to break a school record or pad stats. I can't say that the scores never got that high, but the starters were always out by halftime or the 3rd quarter. I distinctly remember a few games where the starters had to run sprints afterwards because we weren't in the game long enough to get any real conditioning.

And for the record, while I was there we only "hung" 60 on a team 3 times. Twice to Allen Central (in 2001 and 2003) and once to Clay County (2002). Our starters were out at halftime in all of those games and sometimes the JV can't help but score. Could we have left our starters in to break some records? Sure, but we chose not to.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:So you wish the kids that play for your alma mater to get embarrased because you have a beef with the coaching staff? Thats just PATHETIC! I guess your precious Coach Mac never hung 60 on a team did he?
To be honest he's not the only peron I've heard say that. I've even talked to some Pikeville fans who've said they deserve it.
But here's some facts going into this game, Prestonsburg is good and Pikeville's not very good this year. Pikeville simply don't have the horses to stay with Prestonsburg and from my understanding Tyler Baker isn't back from injury yet. I will say 42-7 P'Burg.
blackcats by 21
Prestonsburg should name the score in this one but that just my opinion. Pikeville may make them earn it early but things well fall into the lap of the Blackcats.

Bottom line...Classless act by Pikeville's coaching staff.
good luck p-burg

35-14 p-burg

And calling someone else pathetic for having an opinion is absurd. He is not the only person from Pikeville that feels this way.... I happen to agree with him. IMO, past coaches, including Jackson, McNamee, Allara, Howard, Mayo, and others have more class in their pinky than this staff has shown.... good luck rebuilding this program, but changes HAVE to be made for it to happen! Good luck to both teams!
P-burg by 14.
P-burg by 24.
This is the exact opposite of what we need. The fan base being divided isn't helping anything. Not everyone is going to be happy, but right now the program needs support from everyone.
For Pikeville to stay in this game the O and D Lines will need to be working. If they can hold the PBurg D Line out of the backfield and create holes for the backs and sustain drives it will be a close game. If not, then PBurg rolls.
Prestonsburg shuts down Harmon and shuts Pikeville out.

36-0
ComfortEagle Wrote:Prestonsburg by as much as they want...and I hope they run it up to give Pikeville a taste of their own medicine.

I agree 110%. Give the ville a bitter taste of their own. GO Blackcats Cool
Panther Thunder Wrote:This is the exact opposite of what we need. The fan base being divided isn't helping anything. Not everyone is going to be happy, but right now the program needs support from everyone.
For Pikeville to stay in this game the O and D Lines will need to be working. If they can hold the PBurg D Line out of the backfield and create holes for the backs and sustain drives it will be a close game. If not, then PBurg rolls.
"Out of the mouths of babes come the truth".
prestonsburg by 2 or 3 tds
Pikeville by 2 TDS.
Prestonsburg is not near as good as they think they are and Pikeville is not as bad as people think. This one could go either way.
blackcat Wrote:If Prestonsburg plays with the same intensity they did against Beechwood they might just get beat.

Look P-Burg is a good football team who just got beat by the future state champs. Nothing to be ashamed of. There are Quit a few football teams that don't play the great competition that they could get beat bye. I would rather lose to a great team then to beat the heck out of a weak one. To get back on topic, P-Burg wins this one good luck both teams.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Look P-Burg is a good football team who just got beat by the future state champs. Nothing to be ashamed of. There are Quit a few football teams that don't play the great competition that they could get beat bye. I would rather lose to a great team then to beat the heck out of a weak one. To get back on topic, P-Burg wins this one good luck both teams.

Pikeville has played those type of Quality teams all season, at this point in the season both teams should be on there A game, should be a dandy, Go panthers
Unless Pikevilles defense is doing well and stopping the ball, morely the pass game, this one could get ugly quick.

Go Panthers!
Pages: 1 2 3