Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 3 A Championship Belfry 30 Bell Co 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2nd place😂😂😂
congratulations
fridaynightfights Wrote:You are single handedly making your whole fan base look bad, congrats. None of us have said bad things about Belfry before or after the game, all we’ve ever said is we thought we could compete and we did.

I have no idea why you feel the need to get on here and run kids down or try and convince them a coach that cares about them “failed them”. It’s obvious you live a pitiful existence if you can’t just enjoy your win and feel the need to get on here and say the garbage you have today.
Exactly how is he “running kids down”? He made an observational post. And an accurate one. You can say the coach cares about them. He might. I’m not gonna argue that point. But I will say I know for a fact that 2 years ago as soon as the season was over he was DONE with the seniors. Told them they needed to find somewhere else to go during school when they worked out in his period the whole time. Among other stuff a player has told me. So let the people decide it.

But he’s right in the coach did fail them. Think what you want, but building wins playing no one did nothing for those kids when it counted.
BobcatForever Wrote:There is a few of ours that does run mouth about other ones that's for sure

There a few in every fan base brother.

Congratulations on a really great season you guys had. I was one of the guys that said Bell County's schedule made them weak and that they would have a hard time making it to Kroger. Brother was I wrong. Not only did they make it, they almost won it. The game was alot closer than the final score, IMO. I was really impressed with the Bobcats, especially Stephony. I've talked with him once or twice on social media and the kid is as humble and nice as they come. And #56, don't know his name, showed alot of class at the end of the game and a damn good football player to I might add. You guys should be very proud of your team, they deserve it. Good luck next year.
I can maybe understand what you all are saying about the schedule. I got no problem with that. But Dudley failed these kids? That is such a poor choice of words it almost makes your argument sound bitter. Listen the schedule is what it is. But the man is pushing 75 years old and literally gives those kids at Bell every thing he has for two hours a day. To me a coach fails his kids when he quits driving them. Stops giving them his absolute 110% every single day. When a coach decides to take a day off cause it's cold and wet outside. That, to me, is failing kids. Not what games you schedule. Our boys would run through a brick wall for him so he must be showing that he cares for them in some capacity.

Congrats Belfry. You were the better team friday night, and deserve to be this years state champs. Hopefully we can do it again sometime, with different results of course. haha
#55PirateFan Wrote:There a few in every fan base brother.

Congratulations on a really great season you guys had. I was one of the guys that said Bell County's schedule made them weak and that they would have a hard time making it to Kroger. Brother was I wrong. Not only did they make it, they almost won it. The game was alot closer than the final score, IMO. I was really impressed with the Bobcats, especially Stephony. I've talked with him once or twice on social media and the kid is as humble and nice as they come. And #56, don't know his name, showed alot of class at the end of the game and a damn good football player to I might add. You guys should be very proud of your team, they deserve it. Good luck next year.

Thank You Sir they are great kids and #56 had a picture of a little 2 year old boy fighting cancer on his pads under his jersey he has just been back 2 or 3 games from a knee injury and you have an awesome team as well #55 did you proud Good Luck to you all next season!!!:worthy: It was a pleasure to see 2 of the best programs in the State battle it out!!
BobcatForever Wrote:Thank You Sir they are great kids and #56 had a picture of a little 2 year old boy fighting cancer on his pads under his jersey he has just been back 2 or 3 games from a knee injury and you have an awesome team as well #55 did you proud Good Luck to you all next season!!!:worthy: It was a pleasure to see 2 of the best programs in the State battle it out!!

That is awesome that #56 did something like that. Makes us all take a step back and realize that this is just a game and that there's so much more out there that's way more important.
bobcatpride1 Wrote:I can maybe understand what you all are saying about the schedule. I got no problem with that. But Dudley failed these kids? That is such a poor choice of words it almost makes your argument sound bitter. Listen the schedule is what it is. But the man is pushing 75 years old and literally gives those kids at Bell every thing he has for two hours a day. To me a coach fails his kids when he quits driving them. Stops giving them his absolute 110% every single day. When a coach decides to take a day off cause it's cold and wet outside. That, to me, is failing kids. Not what games you schedule. Our boys would run through a brick wall for him so he must be showing that he cares for them in some capacity.

Congrats Belfry. You were the better team friday night, and deserve to be this years state champs. Hopefully we can do it again sometime, with different results of course. haha

Look when I said Dudley failed the kids it was more about the end of the game than it was anything else. What I saw, in my opinion, which I have already said doesn’t amount to a hill of salt was abandonment/failure. Is that the right word, maybe not, but it’s what I saw.

I watched all 6 games this week. I saw 5 teams who were down late by similar margins give it their everything, whose coaches kept them playing to win the ballgame and in three of those games it led too teams who almost won, to amazing finishes and memorable moments.

Then I saw a game where a coach who had an explosive offense, a balance offense and a team who was actually better than I thought they were concede. You can say the writing was on the wall, he didn’t want to prolong it, but what I saw was Dudley ride London on offense and when it was apparent he needed to change it up he conceded with plenty of time on the clock and timeouts to burn and a passing game that was working. I just hope Dudley watched the three games on Saturday and saw how coaches in similar situations reacted. Bell was good, Bell could have won, I’m not convinced in Dudley’s legend.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Look when I said Dudley failed the kids it was more about the end of the game than it was anything else. What I saw, in my opinion, which I have already said doesn’t amount to a hill of salt was abandonment/failure. Is that the right word, maybe not, but it’s what I saw.

I watched all 6 games this week. I saw 5 teams who were down late by similar margins give it their everything, whose coaches kept them playing to win the ballgame and in three of those games it led too teams who almost won, to amazing finishes and memorable moments.

Then I saw a game where a coach who had an explosive offense, a balance offense and a team who was actually better than I thought they were concede. You can say the writing was on the wall, he didn’t want to prolong it, but what I saw was Dudley ride London on offense and when it was apparent he needed to change it up he conceded with plenty of time on the clock and timeouts to burn and a passing game that was working. I just hope Dudley watched the three games on Saturday and saw how coaches in similar situations reacted. Bell was good, Bell could have won, I’m not convinced in Dudley’s legend.

I'm not downing Bell County whatsoever, they played a helluva game. But, I to, was puzzled at the end of the game like many others.

You'll never make me believe that Coach Hilton didn't concede to early. And to me, that's him not having faith in his team and giving up on his kids. He absolutely did. How else can you explain the last 3 minutes?

Bell County had just scored, easily I might add, and went for two and got it. That left 2:42 on the clock, I believe, and they still had ALL three of their timeouts. At that point they were only down ten points, 30-20. Then they kicked to Belfry.

Odds are they wouldn't stop Belfry's rushing attack because they really hadn't all game but at least try! Shocked is an understatement to how I felt when I watched the final couple minutes unfold.

What if Bell caused the Pirates to go 3 and out and used their timeouts? Hardly any time would have come off the clock. Bell receives the punt. Then proceeds to score quickly like they did their previous offensive position. Then do the onside kick, Bobcats recover it and gets in FG range. Listen, I know that was unlikely to happen but I promise you stuff like this has happened many times before. You got to at least try, not give up. And that's exactly what he did. If I was a player or fan at Bell County I would be losing my sh@! right now.

At the end of the day you guys can take up for your coach all you want but the fact remains that he conceded way to early. Now if you guys are satisfied with that then have at it. But don't get mad when someone brings up something that is as plain as the nose on your face. Dudley didn't get outcoached, he just quit. And that's facts.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm not downing Bell County whatsoever, they played a helluva game. But, I to, was puzzled at the end of the game like many others.

You'll never make me believe that Coach Hilton didn't concede to early. And to me, that's him not having faith in his team and giving up on his kids. He absolutely did. How else can you explain the last 3 minutes?

Bell County had just scored, easily I might add, and went for two and got it. That left 2:42 on the clock, I believe, and they still had ALL three of their timeouts. At that point they were only down ten points, 30-20. Then they kicked to Belfry.

Odds are they wouldn't stop Belfry's rushing attack because they really hadn't all game but at least try! Shocked is an understatement to how I felt when I watched the final couple minutes unfold.

What if Bell caused the Pirates to go 3 and out and used their timeouts? Hardly any time would have come off the clock. Bell receives the punt. Then proceeds to score quickly like they did their previous offensive position. Then do the onside kick, Bobcats recover it and gets in FG range. Listen, I know that was unlikely to happen but I promise you stuff like this has happened many times before. You got to at least try, not give up. And that's exactly what he did. If I was a player or fan at Bell County I would be losing my sh@! right now.

At the end of the day you guys can take up for your coach all you want but the fact remains that he conceded way to early. Now if you guys are satisfied with that then have at it. But don't get mad when someone brings up something that is as plain as the nose on your face. Dudley didn't get outcoached, he just quit. And that's facts.

You articulated it better than I did, I never meant for anyone to think I was criticizing the kids and my original post and follow up responses were meant to convey exactly what you said.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:You articulated it better than I did, I never meant for anyone to think I was criticizing the kids and my original post and follow up responses were meant to convey exactly what you said.

I know you weren't criticizing those kids and most everybody else knows it to. That's why I made the long post. I knew exactly what you meant so I tried to explain it a little. Some people may be mad and got butt hurt at what you said but it was the truth. There is no way to justify what their coach did. None. I think that's what their most mad about. Deep down they know it to but refuse to except it.
Listen guys I wasn’t referring to what you all said. By all means question how Dudley handled the end of the game. I was just talking about Hound 05 comments because he said Dudley failed these kids when he made this schedule. I like ya Hound and you make some very good points from time to time, but we’re just going to have to disagree on this one.
bobcatpride1 Wrote:Listen guys I wasn’t referring to what you all said. By all means question how Dudley handled the end of the game. I was just talking about Hound 05 comments because he said Dudley failed these kids when he made this schedule. I like ya Hound and you make some very good points from time to time, but we’re just going to have to disagree on this one.

Understood my friend. My comment wasn't at you at all. It was just for the thread in general. Congratulations on an outstanding season brother. The Bobcats will be back at it again next year.
Belfry/Haywood build character and grow young men. Along the way we win football games THAT is what Pirate Pride means THAT is what separates us from the rest THAT is why we have the following of Pond Creek Nation like we do.

Other coaches and schools and programs have a fancy this or a fancy that. We just go about things a certain way and it works and has stood the test of time.

Seriously excuse us for what may come across as arrogance or boastful talk most of the time we are just showing our pride in what we have and what we KNOW we have.
Hound05 Wrote:Exactly how is he “running kids down”? He made an observational post. And an accurate one. You can say the coach cares about them. He might. I’m not gonna argue that point. But I will say I know for a fact that 2 years ago as soon as the season was over he was DONE with the seniors. Told them they needed to find somewhere else to go during school when they worked out in his period the whole time. Among other stuff a player has told me. So let the people decide it.

But he’s right in the coach did fail them. Think what you want, but building wins playing no one did nothing for those kids when it counted.

Before you Corbin people go casting stones at our our coach you should go talk to parents and players in the Redhound nation who’s not the chosen ones! The kids who are forced to sit outside locker room before the games so the important contributors aren’t pushed for room! The players who aren’t fed before the games like they should be! The players who are left out when the head coach takes the so called important players out to eat and leaves everyone else out!! Coach Hilton and Bells program has never and will never do that to kids!!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:.

AltPiarate is one fan, who has the right to his or her opinion. It’s categorically wrong to lump the Belfry fanbase into their position on last nights game. Whether you agree or disagree with the opinions expressed is one thing, but don’t make the situation more than what it really is. It’s one poster, who expressed their opinion.....whether right or wrong is irrelevant.....The Belfry fanbase as a whole has been very gracious in victory ( which is an easy thing to do). The Bobcat faithful have been very gracious in defeat( which we know from DeSales last week, that’s not always the case).

Let it be what it is.....one posters opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're Kidd right? Almost every one on this board does that. There are plenty of members on here who hate Mayfield or lump us all together because of one Mayfield fan. One guy trolls all of our threads now. Nothing we can do. IMO our poster does it on purpose.
Predator/Prey Wrote:Some of Bell posters are clueless . Ask any player what happen when they finished their senior year football season..... kick out of locker room. Not allowed in weight room. Never helped in recruiting process.....just a few facts. Some adults can’t see for cheeks of his azz is why you get these statements. Wins and Dudley is ALL Dudley cares for. There were two games that could have been scheduled that would have helped but South Laurel was a better fit for Dudley . So you have what we have not tested because of a weak schedule. Get it right.

I mean your not telling me anything I hadn’t already heard, I was just trying to make sure nobody egged my house or a mysterious car didn’t hit me in the street, if my inbox was any indication some folks in Bell Co where a bit pissed of over some of the things I’d said about Lord Dudley....
#55PirateFan Wrote:I've heard, nor sure, that he has a couple offers from Army and Air Force, I believe. I know one thing, with his style of play, he'd be a perfect fit in that West Point offense.

That’s true but how does UK or Louisville not have any interest in the kid? He got some wheels on him and is maybe one of the most elusive kids I’ve seen in the last decade from this area...
single shot Wrote:That’s true but how does UK or Louisville not have any interest in the kid? He got some wheels on him and is maybe one of the most elusive kids I’ve seen in the last decade from this area...

You got me brother. If it were me, I'd be all over this kid. I just can't understand UK and Louisville's logic of not going after some of these in-state kids. Blows my mind! I mean there's no way kids like Michael Mayer, Reece Smith, Stephony, and many others should be leaving the state and going elsewhere because their not getting any love at home. It's not like UK and Louisville can't use them. In my opinion, they both need all the help they can get.
Reading through the posts I too wondered why Bell left those three timeouts on the clock. Heck we had fans, younger fans singing “Hey hey hey, good bye” and I told them to be quiet because anything could happen then not one time out was called on the last three minutes. Stephney has me scared all game. Those little runs where he dumped off for the pass and big gains were working all night. So why did he leave those time outs.??
skully03 Wrote:Reading through the posts I too wondered why Bell left those three timeouts on the clock. Heck we had fans, younger fans singing “Hey hey hey, good bye” and I told them to be quiet because anything could happen then not one time out was called on the last three minutes. Stephney has me scared all game. Those little runs where he dumped off for the pass and big gains were working all night. So why did he leave those time outs.??

skully, that is the million dollar question brother. That has alot of us scratching our heads. You ever find the answer, you be sure to let us know! And your right about Stephney, you wasn't the only one scared, Lol. That kid is a stud! Seemed like in the 2nd half Dudley misused him very bad and it seemed to me he was holding him back for some unknown reason.
#55PirateFan Wrote:skully, that is the million dollar question brother. That has alot of us scratching our heads. You ever find the answer, you be sure to let us know! And your right about Stephney, you wasn't the only one scared, Lol. That kid is a stud! Seemed like in the 2nd half Dudley misused him very bad and it seemed to me he was holding him back for some unknown reason.
I honestly believe he was getting tired. Watching him after the long offensive drives where they score he slowly walked off the field. And there were a few defensive series where he wasn’t even on the field. Idk, so many things could’ve went different. Someone answer me this though. I know the game is over and we won, but the play that was let go because we thought it was a backwards pass, was there a whistle or what before we got the ball? The refs said the ruling on the field was an incomplete pass. That left me scratching my head. And i don’t even wanna talk about the pass interference call. Looked like good coverage to me.
skully03 Wrote:I honestly believe he was getting tired. Watching him after the long offensive drives where they score he slowly walked off the field. And there were a few defensive series where he wasn’t even on the field. Idk, so many things could’ve went different. Someone answer me this though. I know the game is over and we won, but the play that was let go because we thought it was a backwards pass, was there a whistle or what before we got the ball? The refs said the ruling on the field was an incomplete pass. That left me scratching my head. And i don’t even wanna talk about the pass interference call. Looked like good coverage to me.

That was absolutely NOT pass interference. Birchfield played it perfect. I just watched the game again and I can't believe that was called. Birchfield played it so good that he just waited for the ball to get there and simply knocked it down. Nobody went down to the ground or anything. Just a great pass breakup.

As for the backwards pass play, I think the right call was made. I think it was an incomplete pass. But they didn't blow the whistle until a Belfry player picked it up and started running. But again, in my opinion, the right call was made, an incomplete pass.

But the pass interference call was the worse call I've ever seen at any level. And my 44 year old a$$ has watched alot of football down the years. But I'm not going to criticize the refs. Nobody is perfect and the guy who threw the flag didn't have a very good view at all. But, all in all, I think they called an outstanding game other than that one call.
#55PirateFan Wrote:That was absolutely NOT pass interference. Birchfield played it perfect. I just watched the game again and I can't believe that was called. Birchfield played it so good that he just waited for the ball to get there and simply knocked it down. Nobody went down to the ground or anything. Just a great pass breakup.

As for the backwards pass play, I think the right call was made. I think it was an incomplete pass. But they didn't blow the whistle until a Belfry player picked it up and started running. But again, in my opinion, the right call was made, an incomplete pass.

But the pass interference call was the worse call I've ever seen at any level. And my 44 year old a$$ has watched alot of football down the years. But I'm not going to criticize the refs. Nobody is perfect and the guy who threw the flag didn't have a very good view at all. But, all in all, I think they called an outstanding game other than that one call.
I agree about the backwards pass call. It was the correct call. I just didn’t think they could backup and reverse it like it was reviewed. Like you said other than the pass interference call, the refs called a good game.
skully03 Wrote:I agree about the backwards pass call. It was the correct call. I just didn’t think they could backup and reverse it like it was reviewed. Like you said other than the pass interference call, the refs called a good game.

They can't backup and reverse it but it never was called a fumble. They just let it play on then made the call. But they got it right. Not a bad night at all for the zebras. They did a pretty good job.
I just watched the game for the first time since I got home from Lexington. Something I noticed watching on my tablet that I didn't notice while at the game is the great sportsmanship between both teams. Except for one play, both these teams was outstanding at sportsmanship all game. Helping each other up, tapping each other on helmets, making sure their opponents was ok when they were slow getting up. Very very classy performance from all these young men. Awesome!
skully03 Wrote:I honestly believe he was getting tired. Watching him after the long offensive drives where they score he slowly walked off the field. And there were a few defensive series where he wasn’t even on the field. Idk, so many things could’ve went different. Someone answer me this though. I know the game is over and we won, but the play that was let go because we thought it was a backwards pass, was there a whistle or what before we got the ball? The refs said the ruling on the field was an incomplete pass. That left me scratching my head. And i don’t even wanna talk about the pass interference call. Looked like good coverage to me.

He was def getting tired. Dudley most definitely put it all on that kids shoulders. He had a 1400 yard rusher that he left in the chamber that could have kept London fresher for late in the game, it’s not like the RB was having a terrible game, 4 carries for 14 yards tells me he was having success and just needed more carries to help open it up for The QB.
Great game by both teams.

I do agree about scheduling. Granted, you play your district. Both districts can be down at times, nothing to do about that. Some out of district games are traditional or scheduled well in advance. As only an example, take Pikeville. There have been recent years the Belfry/Pikeville game was over before halftime. The series became very one-sided. But perhaps those games helped Pikeville over time, as they won a couple of the recent games, both being championship years for Belfry. So they were not fluke wins.

Back to the game, when Bell elected to go for it on 4th and 5 from about their 20, I knew it was game over if they didn't make it. Down only 11 with decent time on the clock, anything can happen. A muffed catch. A bad punt that hits an unexpecting Belfry player (it nearly happened earlier). At least change of field position. Yes, Bell wasn't easily stopping the run. But Belfry fumbled on (I think) their third play after the half. It doesn't seem going for it was the best option.

Short field. Belfry TD. 30-12. Game. The towel had been thrown in. I don't any thought went into trying after that. Yes, Bell scored again, and it was a nice looking drive. But both teams had exchanged scores, with precious time slipping away. No ground was gained by giving up a short field position.

Then again, maybe it was the right call. Only a week earlier, Belfry went for it all on a 2-point conversion, and the course of events changed from that moment. Maybe going for it on 4th would have changed these results. But the situations were different, and better field management seems to be my Monday-morning quarterback thought.
I said it once and I will say it again. Bell co. Played a weak schedule and it finally caught up with them. Would like to see bell co. And belfry play during the regular season.
The Dixon kid from belfry should be a candidate for Mr. Football next season. After this season it's time the media takes notice of mountain football. These kids from the holler can play the game.
My final comment on this game is that if Dudley wants to see how not giving up looks there is some game film of the 2016 3A title game where Scroggins was down 38-7 with 6:30 left in the game, cut it to 38-23 in just a little over 3 minutes and was still going for a win down 45-31 with just 30 seconds left.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9