Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 3 A Championship Belfry 30 Bell Co 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
One thing I’ve come to learn about Phillip Haywood. He very rarely makes mistakes in his play calling.

Got to respect a man who goes about his business in such a manner. Nothing flashy, just well executed option football. It’s really a thing of beauty.

He kind of stole one this year I think. All we heard was Bell and Desales all year.

The Tortoise wins the race again.
Congrats to Hayward. 13 State appearances and 7 championships is unbelievable. He certainly has much respect from everyone in the state. I appreciate his humbleness. He is for sure one of a kind. People in Belfry is very lucky to have a man like him. Great role model, good Christian man, and the best football coach around. Hope he stays around a while.
Congrats pirates. Heck of a game. Dixon is a beast and will turn even more heads next year. Like everyone has said, stephany is Stephany, you know what’s coming.

As far as the schedule thing, I don’t tbink it’s an excuse, I thinks it’s an observation. And a true one. Belfry might have had the better team, but better teams lose all the time to teams who were better prepared. It is what it is, you don’t get better by playing cupcakes. Maybe the improvement of playing a tougher schedule would have pushed them past belfry. IT SURE WOULDNT have hurt them.

But with that said, bell has nothing to hang their head on, they’ve still had a great season, and even with all their trash talk towards us about “runner ups”, it’s still an accomplishment that 99% of other teams didn’t do.
It’s a true statement of the love of football & commitment to excellence here in the mountains when of the 6 trophies, 2 of them now reside in PIKE COUNTY!! Hopefully after tomorrow’s games 3 will reside in the 15th region!! Could not be prouder of Coach’s Heywood & Mcnamee!! And regardless of tomorrow’s outcome Coach Matney too!!
Does the Dixon boy have any offers
Those are for sure the top three coaches in the mountains right now. Their programs are better than anyone right now. Mcnamee and Matney May not have won as much as Hayward but might before they retire.
BobcatPride74 Wrote:I can take heat ! Your childish

Confusednicker: Your coach tried to have kids change in an abandoned baseball locker room last time we played Bell at home, then the following season refuses to shake anyone’s hand post game and sulks in the stands and somebody else is childish...:lame:
I’m out before this gets out of hand, congratulations Belfry was pulling for you all season...Bell Co like someone said nothin to hang your head over 99% of high school teams dream of making it this far congrats to the Bobcats as well...
Best player on the field was a young man named Ethan Wolford.

He dominated whoever and whatever was put in front of him. Roll it back, watch the film. He’s the best football player that played in commonwealth today.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Best player on the field was a young man named Ethan Wolford.

He dominated whoever and whatever was put in front of him. Roll it back, watch the film. He’s the best football player that played in commonwealth today.

He’s a great football player and even a better young man awesome job #55
Just saw where Dudley got the last trophy he needs to complete the cycle? A Runner up Trophy. Was 3-0 in state finals. Now has that one time to wind up a great career. Will never catch Haywood.
Read these threads all the time but I just made this account to say this. Love my Pirates, but it was no trail kicking tonight. Bell well deserved to be there. It was Belfry night but could have easily went the other way. Hard fought battle between 2 legend generals and their army's (players and fans). Stephney is a special talent. Hope to see many more Hilton v Haywood.
Spud6 Wrote:The 1A record was broken today with a little over 7,000 in attendance

Not bad for a single A school. Most likely rivals those Pikeville crowds of the late 80's.
Congrats to Belfry for completing The Pike County Sweep!!! Congrats to Bell on a heck of a season!
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:Does the Dixon boy have any offers

I thought I heard them say Youngstown State on the internet broadcast. But I'm not sure.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Congratulations Belfry!!! 55 congratulations and tell your son also. I know you are proud.

Very proud my friend. And thank you for the kind words. I'll make sure to let Ethan know.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates, #55PirateFan I read your comments when I got home and I really appreciate that, plus you have to be proud of your son also and I am ,too. Great kid and a great family. Let him know this old Pirate is very proud of him and hope to get to talk with you some time and really was my pleasure to meet you. The reason I didn’t answer on Facebook I couldn’t get it to send, guess you could say I computer illiterate. Best of luck to you and your family in the next part of your son’s football career. Bell County has had a great season and I figure they will have many more.

Thanks ol buddy. I'll make sure to let him know what you said. Today was a great day for the both of us. Jackson and Ethan both left it all on the field in their final high school football game and both done really well in my opinion.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Best player on the field was a young man named Ethan Wolford.

Wow! That is some high praise. A lot of good things have been said about my son before but nothing like this. We're extremely grateful that you would make such a comment. Thank you Sir!

Don't know if he was the best player to play today but I really think he had a great game. He played really good tonight from the center position, opening up some big holes in the middle for our backs to gain positive yardage against a pretty good defensive front. Also, tonight was the first time he was allowed to play some defense at NT and I thought he did really well there to. Especially at a critical point in the game when he exploded at the snap and blew up the guard to get in the backfield to make the tackle denying Bell County a 2 pt conversion. A key play that kinda kept the momentum in the Pirates favor.

Again, just want to say thanks for such a high compliment. That comment made my day!
BobcatPride74 Wrote:Enough drop it

Hahhahahah. This has gotta be Dudley. Throwing a temper tantrum... Or he has grabbed someone’s phone while he was in the bleachers. Wonder If Dougie got a field pass for this game. Atleast had a seat close to Dud as he entered the bleachers. I’m sure that made his day!
At the end of the day, the best Defense won this game. Just like I said it would. Both offenses had players that made plays. Pirate defense jus made more stops. Stopping the Tennessee kid at QB was why they won the game. Also like someone else had already said, it’s a bad time to see how a team reacts when the first time you do it it’s in the championship game. Schedule does make a difference.
Man, where do I start. Can't tell you guys how happy I am right now that my Pirates are the 2019 3A State Champions. Kinda bitter sweet though. Even though we won, it was also Big E's last game of high school football but what a ride it has been! He started his high school career with a state championship as a freshman and ended it with another one last night as a senior. Very blessed and thankful that it worked out that way for him. Not many get to experience a championship let alone two. And its also been a pleasure to have been able to share his experience along the way with you guys on here. ALL of you have had nothing but good things to say about him and have given him some high praise and I thank you.

As for the game, first and foremost I want to congratulate the Bell County Bobcats on a very impressive and successful performance and season. The Bell County Bobcats were the real deal. Hats off to the Bobcats for blocking out all the negativity, playing who was in front of them, taking it one game at a time, getting better every day, and had an outstanding season. Congratulations, you guys have nothing to be ashamed about and you absolutely deserved to be at Kroger Field playing for the championship. I was really impressed with your team.

HOW BOUT THEM PIRATES! I can't remember the last time a Pirate team has faced this much adversity in a season. Man this was a rough, nerve racking, roller coaster of a year. We were injury ridden from day one and really didn't get healthy until right at playoff time. But this team just kept fighting. They had the "next man up" mentality and come out every Friday night and played with who they had available and took it one game at a time. They just kept working, believing, grinding, and moving forward until all the pieces fell into place. And it couldn't have come at a better time than days before playoff time.

Once the playoffs started, this was a totally different team. It became the team we all thought we had. After the Pirates got past the district games of the playoffs they went on a tear, playing all the top teams in 3A. First they faced #4 Ashland and put a running clock on them. Next up was #2 DeSales who had one of the best defensive fronts in the state and they went out to Louisville and won a game nobody expected them to win. Then came the #1 ranked Bell County Bobcats at Kroger Field where the Pirates topped off the up and down year by winning the 3A State Championship. Beating the #1, #2, and #4 ranked teams in a three week span is pretty damn impressive to say the least seeing as how by midseason alot of people, including some Pirate fans, had all but written this team off as finished. WOW is all I can say.

This team went from being the preseason 3A favorites to losing two games in a row close to midseason and being wrote off and pretty much overlooked and getting blowed out at home in the season finale to getting healthy and making a complete turnaround and becoming the most dangerous team in 3A and finishing it off with the schools 7th State Championship. I had so many gray hairs sprout on my head that I finally just started shaving it. But I'll tell you this, in the four years my son has played at Belfry, this year by far, was my favorite. I wouldn't change a thing.

The Pirates will graduate some really good football players here in a couple months but there's not a doubt in my mind that Belfry will make the changes needed, fill the holes, and be right back in the mix come this time next year like they always do. Good luck to all and God Bless!
Very well said!!!

Congratulations to Belfry and Bell on a stunning game. Both teams represented the mountains very well!!

Now, #55PirateFan, go to bed and get some sleep!!!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Very well said!!!

Congratulations to Belfry and Bell on a stunning game. Both teams represented the mountains very well!!

Now, #55PirateFan, go to bed and get some sleep!!!
Confusednicker:

It's tough! To much adrenaline but I'm going to try. Goodnight! 😂😂😂
Congrats Pirates
#55PirateFan Wrote:It's tough! To much adrenaline but I'm going to try. Goodnight! 😂😂😂

Congrats to your son and to you. You’ve been the epitome of class on here and I admire you for it. :Thumbs:

Thought you’d like this.

bcpc Wrote:Hahhahahah. This has gotta be Dudley. Throwing a temper tantrum... Or he has grabbed someone’s phone while he was in the bleachers. Wonder If Dougie got a field pass for this game. Atleast had a seat close to Dud as he entered the bleachers. I’m sure that made his day!
At the end of the day, the best Defense won this game. Just like I said it would. Both offenses had players that made plays. Pirate defense jus made more stops. Stopping the Tennessee kid at QB was why they won the game. Also like someone else had already said, it’s a bad time to see how a team reacts when the first time you do it it’s in the championship game. Schedule does make a difference.

Wrong again as usual
Congratulations to the Pirates!
Hound05 Wrote:Congrats pirates. Heck of a game. Dixon is a beast and will turn even more heads next year. Like everyone has said, stephany is Stephany, you know what’s coming.

As far as the schedule thing, I don’t tbink it’s an excuse, I thinks it’s an observation. And a true one. Belfry might have had the better team, but better teams lose all the time to teams who were better prepared. It is what it is, you don’t get better by playing cupcakes. Maybe the improvement of playing a tougher schedule would have pushed them past belfry. IT SURE WOULDNT have hurt them.

But with that said, bell has nothing to hang their head on, they’ve still had a great season, and even with all their trash talk towards us about “runner ups”, it’s still an accomplishment that 99% of other teams didn’t do.

Why then did the schedule Corbin played not push them by anyone The better team wins
#55PirateFan Wrote:It's tough! To much adrenaline but I'm going to try. Goodnight! 😂😂😂

Congratulations to you and your son. Remembering Pearl Harbor. December 7,1941. I had to leave the game early but thankful I was able to be there and still be here Smile
bcpc Wrote:Hahhahahah. This has gotta be Dudley. Throwing a temper tantrum... Or he has grabbed someone’s phone while he was in the bleachers. Wonder If Dougie got a field pass for this game. Atleast had a seat close to Dud as he entered the bleachers. I’m sure that made his day!

We saw how your team reacted and what a difference the schedule made. lots of pots on here. should call you potheads. lol
The Spread Wrote:Sometimes the truth just hurts I guess. Had Bell played a better schedule, tonight may have not been the first time they trailed in a football game all season. The state finals is nowhere to add pressure like that.
How many finals have you won? I'm sure truth will hurt
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9