Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Regional Finals Nicholas County @ Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who ya got?
Pikeville BIG
Pikeville advances towards another trip to kroger
Pikeville running clock. Nicholas County has to be the worst team in the state who is still playing. They've lost to Pendleton county and also to Fleming County 65-0.
Pikeville will send the Blue Jackets back home early in this one with a running clock.
Pikeville by 50
Anything less than a running clock after 1 quarter is a surprise. Just hope both teams are injury free and have safe travels.

Question, are any Pikeville fans concerned about the lack of competition they have faced in the past 4/5 games? I have said all along that Pikeville is the favorite to win it all, but do all of these cupcake games worry you all? Personally, I think being healthy outweighs the lack of competition.
2000PHS Wrote:Anything less than a running clock after 1 quarter is a surprise. Just hope both teams are injury free and have safe travels.

Question, are any Pikeville fans concerned about the lack of competition they have faced in the past 4/5 games? I have said all along that Pikeville is the favorite to win it all, but do all of these cupcake games worry you all? Personally, I think being healthy outweighs the lack of competition.

No. Ridgeview, Va wasn’t a cupcake game. They are ranked high in Virginia and have a division 1 running back with multiple power 5 offers. We just took it to em. Minus Jenkins and Phelps, our schedule wasn’t cupcake at all. Tough actually. I don’t think the train is slowing down.
Pikeville - A lot
Nicholas County- Not Much
How did Paintsville do against that Cupcake named Hazard?
Micro-Brew Wrote:How did Paintsville do against that Cupcake named Hazard?

I guess I should stopped being surprised when people think I’m taking a shot at Pikeville when I post about them.

Jesus some of you people need to stop being so offended by what I say. I would hope it is possible to have a legitimate Football conversation without thinking I’m trying to insult your first born.

IMO, Pikeville hasnt played a team since Belfry that has challenged them, as in, could actually beat them. My post was asking if that worries y’all. A simple no would have been just fine.
Pikeville should win this game but never overlook anyone like some on here do. I think one of those cupcakes Pikeville played beat a team that is still left in the playoffs plus played another one tuff. Everyone has their opinions and that is fine but to down another team for their schedule is wrong. I watched the first half of a game last night but if 1 team hadn’t had so many fumbles they were actually running the ball pretty consistent on the other. The thing that bothers me is Pikeville has only played 2 games in a span of 5 weeks I believe and some of that showed in the first half of the last game. 2nd half was a different team. Go out play your game Panthers and let the critics on here tell you when you should get a running clock to show that your not as good as you are. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
VoR_58 Wrote:No. Ridgeview, Va wasn’t a cupcake game. They are ranked high in Virginia and have a division 1 running back with multiple power 5 offers. We just took it to em. Minus Jenkins and Phelps, our schedule wasn’t cupcake at all. Tough actually. I don’t think the train is slowing down.

I don’t think they were all that great but I’m just comparing scores. Union beat Ridgeview. Paintsville went to Union and won with a freshman QB. Hazard was no match in either game, LC, Open, Phelps, and now another certain running clock against NC.

I guess it would better to say they haven’t had any meaningful snaps past the 3rd quarter since 9-20.
2000PHS Wrote:I guess I should stopped being surprised when people think I’m taking a shot at Pikeville when I post about them.

Jesus some of you people need to stop being so offended by what I say. I would hope it is possible to have a legitimate Football conversation without thinking I’m trying to insult your first born.

IMO, Pikeville hasnt played a team since Belfry that has challenged them, as in, could actually beat them. My post was asking if that worries y’all. A simple no would have been just fine.

I have come to respect you 2000PHS mostly because you love your team but you know that was a shot. Maybe you could have worded differently. It is what it is and I love the Panthers and will defend them just as you do Paintsville. No big deal and I do love to talk football, and will when it is about football. Again GO PANTHERS!!!
There aren’t a whole lot of Belfrys out there to put on the schedule. It is what it is. The Panthers will be fine. The worst part of the schedule is behind them. This group knows what is at stake from here on out.
Gotta love the KY playoff system, teams like Nicholas are still playing because of their cupcake district.
Patriot1 Wrote:I have come to respect you 2000PHS mostly because you love your team but you know that was a shot. Maybe you could have worded differently. It is what it is and I love the Panthers and will defend them just as you do Paintsville. No big deal and I do love to talk football, and will when it is about football. Again GO PANTHERS!!!

My apologies if it came across as a shot. It honestly wasn’t meant to be one. Just thought that since they came out a tad flat against Hazard, that could be a concern against a team that actually has a fighting chance against them. (Jet will counter that no team remaining does have a fighting chance) haha
Patriot1 Wrote:The thing that bothers me is Pikeville has only played 2 games in a span of 5 weeks I believe and some of that showed in the first half of the last game.

This is what I was referencing, this and the fact that Phelps and Hazard did not challenge. Didn’t mean to enrage the entire population from Harold to Big Stone Gap.
Ha I'm def not offended. I think you're a very fair and honest poster but to say that you weren't taking a shot is incorrect too or you wouldn't have used the words cupcake. Then in your next statement said Pikeville came out flat. Were you there? I would say instead of flat, I'd give a little credit to Hazards players and staff coming out fighting hard and doing exactly what they needed to do to stay in the game with Pikeville. I understand your point and do agree that it has been a while that the Panthers have played a full 4 quarter game under the stress of a tight score. I was just a little upset at the disrespect to the Hazard Bulldogs calling them a cupcake first and then turning around and downing them again because obviously Pikeville " Came out flat' rather than think its possible that that Hazard program has a ton of pride and decided not to lay down. Like I said I enjoy your posts, I look forward to Thanksgiving weekend.
I’ve noticed this about student athletes at Pikeville. They tend to be gamers, when it’s time to perform they will. As long as they are in shape and can play 4 quarters I’m not betting against these guys. Go Panthers
Micro-Brew Wrote:Ha I'm def not offended. I think you're a very fair and honest poster but to say that you weren't taking a shot is incorrect too or you wouldn't have used the words cupcake. Then in your next statement said Pikeville came out flat. Were you there? I would say instead of flat, I'd give a little credit to Hazards players and staff coming out fighting hard and doing exactly what they needed to do to stay in the game with Pikeville. I understand your point and do agree that it has been a while that the Panthers have played a full 4 quarter game under the stress of a tight score. I was just a little upset at the disrespect to the Hazard Bulldogs calling them a cupcake first and then turning around and downing them again because obviously Pikeville " Came out flat' rather than think its possible that that Hazard program has a ton of pride and decided not to lay down. Like I said I enjoy your posts, I look forward to Thanksgiving weekend.

Apologies for the use of cupcake. Hazard does not deserve that title. They just aren’t on the same level they have been on the past 3 years. I’m not ready to just say Williamsburg has no shot against Paintsville just yet but I will say Pikeville wins this week. It is impossible for them to lose.
2000PHS Wrote:Apologies for the use of cupcake. Hazard does not deserve that title. They just aren’t on the same level they have been on the past 3 years. I’m not ready to just say Williamsburg has no shot against Paintsville just yet but I will say Pikeville wins this week. It is impossible for them to lose.

Considering that Hazard beat Paintsville, you can see how it was perceived as a shot at Pikeville, surely that had to be obvious to you. I would attribute the flatness more to not playing in two weeks (thanks for nothing, Jenkins). Pikeville’s schedule was front loaded, and the last several years that has actually worked out well for Pikeville, allowing them to be more fresh as the playoffs arrive. District games are what they are. We cannot help that Phelps and Jenkins are in the same district as us. To compensate, we have always tried to schedule tougher non district games to prepare for the playoffs. Belfry every year, Hazard every year (even when they were in a different district), etc.

How would you (or any Paintsville fan) react if the win over Beechwood were dismissed as “lucky, they caught them early, would get killed if they played them now”? May not be true but some would say it is. We played Paintsville and Raceland, and both were very tough games. Should Paintsville and Pikeville both win out, I expect no less of a tough game in the next matchup.

To answer your question though, personally, I like it. And also personally, I’d rather them have gotten to play Jenkins too, for more snaps for the younger guys. But that’s just me.
PHSForever Wrote:Considering that Hazard beat Paintsville, you can see how it was perceived as a shot at Pikeville, surely that had to be obvious to you. I would attribute the flatness more to not playing in two weeks (thanks for nothing, Jenkins). Pikeville’s schedule was front loaded, and the last several years that has actually worked out well for Pikeville, allowing them to be more fresh as the playoffs arrive. District games are what they are. We cannot help that Phelps and Jenkins are in the same district as us. To compensate, we have always tried to schedule tougher non district games to prepare for the playoffs. Belfry every year, Hazard every year (even when they were in a different district), etc.

How would you (or any Paintsville fan) react if the win over Beechwood were dismissed as “lucky, they caught them early, would get killed if they played them now”? May not be true but some would say it is. We played Paintsville and Raceland, and both were very tough games. Should Paintsville and Pikeville both win out, I expect no less of a tough game in the next matchup.

To answer your question though, personally, I like it. And also personally, I’d rather them have gotten to play Jenkins too, for more snaps for the younger guys. But that’s just me.

Fair assessment. However, if I’m going to take a shot, I’ll own it. This wasn’t intended to be one. Oh well. I guess I should have said does it worry Pikeville fans that they haven’t had a meaningful 4th quarter snap since 9-20-19?
2000PHS Wrote:Fair assessment. However, if I’m going to take a shot, I’ll own it. This wasn’t intended to be one. Oh well. I guess I should have said does it worry Pikeville fans that they haven’t had a meaningful 4th quarter snap since 9-20-19?

Lol ! You would be lying to yourself if you were to say that was true.:dontthink
Best I can remember, there were plenty of people on here, after Paintsville beat Beechwood, saying they were down...and they are. Hazard is down, (from what they've been) and yes they beat us. Would they have beaten us with our starting QB? I seriously doubt it. But that's why you play the game. Get that chip off your shoulder fellas, 2000PHS was being personal, just stating the facts.
I tend to agree with our Paintsville buddy. Not that Ridgeview or Hazard are cupcakes, though Hazard is down and Ridgeview was 1 stud and 10 dudes, but that Pikeville really hasn't been tested since the Belfry game. They did seem to come out sloppy against Hazard and Ridgeview but that was just special team miscues. The Panthers will get tested after this Friday but I think they will be ready and take care of business.
Nicholas Co. can't expect to play the weak schedule they have this season and come into Hambley and get a win. Panthers too much.

Panthers - 56
Blue Jackets 12

Panthers running clock in 1st qtr. Blue Jackets 12 points comes against JV.
Running clock early
Is this Pville team better or worse than last years team?
PHSFAN Wrote:I tend to agree with our Paintsville buddy. Not that Ridgeview or Hazard are cupcakes, though Hazard is down and Ridgeview was 1 stud and 10 dudes, but that Pikeville really hasn't been tested since the Belfry game. They did seem to come out sloppy against Hazard and Ridgeview but that was just special team miscues. The Panthers will get tested after this Friday but I think they will be ready and take care of business.

Got to respectfully disagree PHS. Ridgeview was more than 1 stud and 10 dudes. If that's the case, the rating system in Va. is a mess because Ridgeview was rated #2 in Va. 2-a which would be 3-a in Ky. If we're saying Hazard is down, then Raceland is down as well. There was a VERY little gap between both teams in the ratings. Raceland 7-5 ranked #5 calpreps and Hazard 7-5 ranked #6 calpreps. Got to admit the Panthers did come out a little sloppy against both Ridgeview and Hazard, but used their 2nd gear in both games and did what they do best.....win. Agree also, they will be ready to take care of business at Kroger.
Pages: 1 2 3