Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Regional Finals Nicholas County @ Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote=Josiewales]Best I can remember, there were plenty of people on here, after Paintsville beat Beechwood, saying they were down...and they are. Hazard is down, (from what they've been) and yes they beat us. Would they have beaten us with our starting QB? I seriously doubt it. But that's why you play the game. [B]Get that chip off your shoulder fellas, 2000PHS was being personal, just stating the facts.[/QUOTE][/B]

Notice I started my sentence out with Lol ! It's all in good fun fellas. NO chip here.
Hound05 Wrote:Is this Pville team better or worse than last years team?

Better. Conner Roberts drove that team. This year, any player can drive the ship to a state title. That’s what makes them so scary especially in 1A.
BGR should start paying me. I have gotten a sure fire running clock game into page 2 on Monday.

Again, I know I will make people mad, but IMO, last year’s Pikeville Team was better. Roberts could beat you by himself, true dual threat- take it to the house from anywhere type QB. AND he had all the skill guys on this years team plus a couple others that graduated.
2000PHS Wrote:BGR should start paying me. I have gotten a sure fire running clock game into page 2 on Monday.

Again, I know I will make people mad, but IMO, last year’s Pikeville Team was better. Roberts could beat you by himself, true dual threat- take it to the house from anywhere type QB. AND he had all the skill guys on this years team plus a couple others that graduated.

Not mad at all 2000PHS. Gotta agree that Conner Roberts was a true dual threat and he did so much for this team with his feet and his arm. However. The difference imo, is this season's team is one yr. more mature and better at skill, line, and most of all, Isaac McNamee has grown so much since his first start of this season. Watching him play, you can easily see where he looks more like a veteran. In comparison, to create a "dream game", if we could, then put the 18 team up against this season's team. That would be like playing against yourself, minus the qb and a few players here and there.
2000PHS Wrote:BGR should start paying me. I have gotten a sure fire running clock game into page 2 on Monday.

You don’t make me mad 2000PHS, but I do disagree with you some but do agree with you some(very few times though). I do agree about Conner Roberts, he was a jewel and could score from anywhere. This years Pikeville teams is different than last years by a lot of ways. Defensively I think they are better. Offensively I think they are different but they got players that can take it ti the house from anywhere on the field,too. Personally I do think they are better now but first of the year I might not have argued that point. So you have watched them one game and came up with your opinion is beyond me. So I could say the same thing about Paintsville but I won’t and I have watched all their games. Actually it don’t matter because last year is history all that matters is this year. I don’t get mad but I do disagree sometimes and you do,too. That’s what we do on here and you may have watched all of Pikeville’s games I don’t know but you have the right to think how you want.
Patriot1 Wrote:You don’t make me mad 2000PHS, but I do disagree with you some but do agree with you some(very few times though). I do agree about Conner Roberts, he was a jewel and could score from anywhere. This years Pikeville teams is different than last years by a lot of ways. Defensively I think they are better. Offensively I think they are different but they got players that can take it ti the house from anywhere on the field,too. Personally I do think they are better now but first of the year I might not have argued that point. So you have watched them one game and came up with your opinion is beyond me. So I could say the same thing about Paintsville but I won’t and I have watched all their games. Actually it don’t matter because last year is history all that matters is this year. I don’t get mad but I do disagree sometimes and you do,too. That’s what we do on here and you may have watched all of Pikeville’s games I don’t know but you have the right to think how you want.

I have watched Pikeville in all games that I thought were relevant. Didn’t bother with the “cupcakes.” 😁
Not smart to overlook anyone this time of year and I’m sure Coach Mac is keeping our boys focused. Watched Nicholas on film and they have some decent athletes. So we have to stay focused on the task at hand and not look ahead.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Not smart to overlook anyone this time of year and I’m sure Coach Mac is keeping our boys focused. Watched Nicholas on film and they have some decent athletes. So we have to stay focused on the task at hand and not look ahead.

There’s one thing that is a fact. There is no chance a Coach Mac team will overlook anyone.
Panthers by 36+
Spud6 Wrote:There’s one thing that is a fact. There is no chance a Coach Mac team will overlook anyone.

Always been impressed with how Pikeville always plays at a high level in the playoffs. A team might beat them, but Pikeville never gives a game away or is out prepared. Other teams win, Pikeville doesn’t lose if you know what I mean.
Pikeville continues to roll

Pikeville 49
Nicholas Co. 14

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 28, [2018] Pikeville (KY) 22

All due respect, but almost all Pikeville fans agree this team is better and they know 100x better than any Paintsville fan. Offense is better and what most people aren't talking about yet is this Pikeville defense might be the best defense put on the field in Class A in many years.

I will say it again, nobody is coming into Pikeville and getting a win.
jetpilot Wrote:CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 28, [2018] Pikeville (KY) 22

All due respect, but almost all Pikeville fans agree this team is better and they know 100x better than any Paintsville fan. Offense is better and what most people aren't talking about yet is this Pikeville defense might be the best defense put on the field in Class A in many years.

I will say it again, nobody is coming into Pikeville and getting a win.

100X? Maybe 25X But not 100 lol

Y’all disagree with any comparisons I make about Pikeville vs. Pikeville. I think 2015 Pikeville runs through all of the teams in 1A this year. But that’s just my opinion.

I think we can all agree Nicholas Co. is in trouble come Friday.
2000PHS Wrote:100X? Maybe 25X But not 100 lol

Y’all disagree with any comparisons I make about Pikeville vs. Pikeville. I think 2015 Pikeville runs through all of the teams in 1A this year. But that’s just my opinion.

Haha and Williamsburg is in a world of sh!! also lol.
2000PHS Wrote:100X? Maybe 25X But not 100 lol

I don’t think anyone would disagree with that 2000. Anyone who’s followed 1A in the mountains knows its Down, when compared to 2015 or 2016 teams. Paintsville, Pikeville, or Raceland teams 4 years ago would walk straight to Lexington this season. (Also throw in the 2016 Hazard team). Just the way it is. No matter if the level is up or down it typically ends up being extremely competitive in the state semi’s every year. Just like 2014 when Pikeville Looked To be clearly the better team the first meeting destroying the Tigers 62-8 just for Paintsville to return the favor the second meeting by nearly shutting out the Panthers. It wasn’t expected but shows it can happen on any night.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I don’t think anyone would disagree with that 2000. Anyone who’s followed 1A in the mountains knows its Down, when compared to 2015 or 2016 teams. Paintsville, Pikeville, or Raceland teams 4 years ago would walk straight to Lexington this season. (Also throw in the 2016 Hazard team). Just the way it is. No matter if the level is up or down it typically ends up being extremely competitive in the state semi’s every year. Just like 2014 when Pikeville Looked To be clearly the better team the first meeting destroying the Tigers 62-8 just for Paintsville to return the favor the second meeting by nearly shutting out the Panthers. It wasn’t expected but shows it can happen on any night.

LOL if you think Pikeville is down compared to 2015 and 2016 you better bring a tank of oxygen, a bottle of Valium and your shrink to Pikeville when you come...
Jmo. The way this Pikeville team has played this season, not only are they a better team than the 2015 championship team, but as good a team at PHS as we've seen in the past 30, 32 yrs. Not taking anything at all away from the 2015 team, or any others, but this one is special. again jmo.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Jmo. The way this Pikeville team has played this season, not only are they a better team than the 2015 championship team, but as good a team at PHS as we've seen in the past 30, 32 yrs. Not taking anything at all away from the 2015 team, or any others, but this one is special. again jmo.

I don't think you can say they are better than the 2015 just yet. Let's see what happens in these next two and a half weeks. Collum reminds me of Daric Pugh a lot. He doesn't get nearly as many carries but he doesn't need to with the receiving corp they have.
Pikeville 56 to 7
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Jmo. The way this Pikeville team has played this season, not only are they a better team than the 2015 championship team, but as good a team at PHS as we've seen in the past 30, 32 yrs. Not taking anything at all away from the 2015 team, or any others, but this one is special. again jmo.

They are Pikeville teams so you should know better than I. However, from an outsider who watched them a lot, I think 2015 Pikeville was the best in several decades. They should have beaten Paintsville at Paintsville that year and the Tigers were loaded with talent and had some dude named Kash. They then went on and truly “bullied” Beechwood in the finals.

Now if this year’s team beats Paintsville by 20+ and then handles NCC, I reserve the right to change my mind haha
pirateforlife Wrote:I don't think you can say they are better than the 2015 just yet. Let's see what happens in these next two and a half weeks. Collum reminds me of Daric Pugh a lot. He doesn't get nearly as many carries but he doesn't need to with the receiving corp they have.

Lol ! Well, pirateforlife I guess we all got one (opinion) and I got mine, but one thing is for sure. It will be interesting to see in the next couple weeks because we know whoever lines up across from them will be more of a challenge, and I want to reiterate what another poster stated. A Chris McNamee coached team WILL NOT overlook any football team they are scheduled to play.
This Pikeville team hasn't won anything more than a District Championship at this point. 2015 > 2019. On Dec 6th the Panthers will either be fighting for a legit spot in this argument, or they will be sitting at the house and this will be an easy discussion. Until then, win the NEXT game!
Im looking for a Quid Pro Qua :Cheerlead

Pikeville 56
Nicholas County 07
Panthers take care of business and focus their sights on the state semis.

Pikeville 49
Nicholas County 0
Question....are they calling this game the region championship? I don't see how it can be because the 2 teams are from different regions.
Pikeville by a bunch
64SUR Wrote:Im looking for a Quid Pro Qua :Cheerlead

Pikeville 56
Nicholas County 07

You can’t find it, are you kin to Adam Schiff?
Patriot1 Wrote:You can’t find it, are you kin to Adam Schiff?

Sure hope so. Confusednicker:
Panther88 Wrote:Question....are they calling this game the region championship? I don't see how it can be because the 2 teams are from different regions.

Yes, 3rd round has always been considered the regional championship. Football is different than basketball and baseball since it uses classes. Pikeville, Paintsville, and Phelps are the only 1a teams in the 15th region but they don't do regions in football. That's why Hazard is in the same district with Pikeville in football but not basketball or baseball or any other sport.
Patriot1 Wrote:You can’t find it, are you kin to Adam Schiff?

Can't find it as in ''I've got in and no ones gonna see it" Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2 3