Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Regional Finals Nicholas County @ Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had a family member on the 2014 and 2015 Pikeville teams but I have to admit it's pretty obvious to me this years team is better.

If they don't win a state title then obviously they will not be viewed as good as 2015 but I will be very surprised if they don't.
I actually emailed the KHSAA about the “Region Championship”.

And no the regions are not like basketball or baseball 1-16. But each class has 4 regions. Districts 1&2 are Region 1. Districts 7&8 are Region 4 and so on. However now in the 3rd round you are not necessarily going to be playing a regional opponent. However, the commissioner did say that it will still be referred to as the Region Championship and that is what will be on the trophies. Although I guess we can drop the Region “4” and just say Region Championship.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I actually emailed the KHSAA about the “Region Championship”.

And no the regions are not like basketball or baseball 1-16. But each class has 4 regions. Districts 1&2 are Region 1. Districts 7&8 are Region 4 and so on. However now in the 3rd round you are not necessarily going to be playing a regional opponent. However, the commissioner did say that it will still be referred to as the Region Championship and that is what will be on the trophies. Although I guess we can drop the Region “4” and just say Region Championship.

Y’all are getting a trophy Friday night and it will say Champion. I’m not sure what else it will say lol
The closest this game will be is 7-0 after Pikeville scores their first TD.

Pikeville ALOT
Nicholas a little
Pikeville by as many as they want.

In my opinion this years Pikeville team is better than last years... but better than 2015 Pikeville? No way, sorry.

Go Panthers!
Panther Thunder Wrote:I actually emailed the KHSAA about the “Region Championship”.

So with the new seeding system they have basically done away with the region championship. They can call it whatever they want, But Williamsburg is in pikeville's region and nicholas county in paintsvilles.
EKYFootball1 Wrote:Pikeville by as many as they want.

In my opinion this years Pikeville team is better than last years... but better than 2015 Pikeville? No way, sorry.

Go Panthers!

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 34, [2015] Pikeville (KY) 21
2000PHS Wrote:Y’all are getting a trophy Friday night and it will say Champion. I’m not sure what else it will say lol

Yep. It will say Region Champion, but it will also say Class 1-A Champion trophy will arrive in two weeks.:biggrin: :1:
EKYFootball1 Wrote:Pikeville by as many as they want.

Go Panthers!
I had a family member on the 2015 team and 2018. IMO, 2015 was better SIMPLY BY VIRTUE OF HAVING WON IT ALL.

With that preface, this team has a chance to be as good or better. It will be semantics though. By that, I mean it will perhaps be by virtue of having numerically better defense or offense, etc. all things considered, they’ll basically be equal in my eyes to 2015 if they win it all, and by virtue of winning, better than 2018. But all in all, no matter how it’s viewed, one thing would be non-debatable: from 2015-2019 (if they make the finals), they will have appeared in the finals 3 times in 5 years with 1 win and 1 runner-up, and 1 TBD. That’s a phenomenal run by anyone not named Mayfield or Beechwoods standards. Mac has done a great job righting the ship after a tumultuous period. I’m proud my son had the chance to play for him.
PHSForever Wrote:I had a family member on the 2015 team and 2018. IMO, 2015 was better SIMPLY BY VIRTUE OF HAVING WON IT ALL.

With that preface, this team has a chance to be as good or better. It will be semantics though. By that, I mean it will perhaps be by virtue of having numerically better defense or offense, etc. all things considered, they’ll basically be equal in my eyes to 2015 if they win it all, and by virtue of winning, better than 2018. But all in all, no matter how it’s viewed, one thing would be non-debatable: from 2015-2019 (if they make the finals), they will have appeared in the finals 3 times in 5 years with 1 win and 1 runner-up, and 1 TBD. That’s a phenomenal run by anyone not named Mayfield or Beechwoods standards. Mac has done a great job righting the ship after a tumultuous period. I’m proud my son had the chance to play for him.

Fine young student athlete PHSForever. I remember when he was a Freshman and how excited you were for him. We were too.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:[/B]
Fine young student athlete PHSForever. I remember when he was a Freshman and how excited you were for him. We were too.

Thank you! We had some good times, over that 4 years didn’t we? Take care of business Friday and we will see y’all Thanksgiving Friday! We will definitely at that one.
Running clock! Is it Friday yet?
PHSForever Wrote:Thank you! We had some good times, over that 4 years didn’t we? Take care of business Friday and we will see y’all Thanksgiving Friday! We will definitely at that one.

See ya there buddy .:Thumbs:
It’s game day Panthers so one more step to what you guys wanted to accomplish this year. Play hard and play for each other. Love you guys and believe in you and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Good luck Panthers. Keep it going!
Panthers with another easy win.
Panthers 50
Nicholas Co 6
Let's go Panthers. Get after it !!!TongueirateSho
40-0 Pikeville, still 5:50 left in the 2nd qtr.
PHSForever Wrote:40-0 Pikeville, still 5:50 left in the 2nd qtr.

Must have came out a little flat. Congratulations Panthers.
Sounds like Pikeville is having to Earn it tonight!!!
Pikeville 54-14 over Nicholas County. Holy Cross leading NCC in 4th qtr. looks like Wburg/Paintsville winner heads to Louisville
Pages: 1 2 3