Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owensboro Catholic @Mayfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What are everyone’s predictions?
34-14 mhs
Mayfield kicking :moon: :moon: :moon: and taken names all the way to Kroger Field.

Mayfield 49
Owensboro Catholic 14
Mayfield by 28. Next week will be their first competitive playoff game.
The score will be closer then 28pts. Every year they play Mayfield great for 3qtrs, but Mayfield's experience kick in the 4th.
Mayfield 42

OC 14

Last year while playing OC a bad call from the ref cost us a player in the next game against CAL.I feel the loss of this player made it much more difficult to win. I will not say we would have one because CAL was a great team but it would have definitively been harder for them. All this being said to say leave that ref at home please LOL.
I think this coluld be closer than most think. Mayfield by 10.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Mayfield 42

OC 14

Last year while playing OC a bad call from the ref cost us a player in the next game against CAL.I feel the loss of this player made it much more difficult to win. I will not say we would have one because CAL was a great team but it would have definitively been harder for them. All this being said to say leave that ref at home please LOL.

No doubt. He was calling receptions out of bounds. Yes losing Kincer Arnett was bad, but I thought turnovers killed you guys in that CAL game.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think this coluld be closer than most think. Mayfield by 10.

Wrong answer. It will not be close. 3-4 touchdowns.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wrong answer. It will not be close. 3-4 touchdowns.

You may be right but hard to get a feel for OCATH. The game against South Warren was impressive its hard for me to gauge this team. If im wrong oh well, but i was right about OCATH stomping Murray.
Time Will Tell Wrote:No doubt. He was calling receptions out of bounds. Yes losing Kincer Arnett was bad, but I thought turnovers killed you guys in that CAL game.

Everything hurt us in the CAL game but losing one of your best linebackers and having to shift around the defense to accommodate his absence in my mind was a big deal. That left us very undersized in the corner position on their large receivers and they threw over their heads all night. No doubt they were the better team that night guess we all have to have excuses to make it to the next august huh LOL.
Touché. I’m for whom ever wins Region 1.
Mayfield by 21
If Mayfield and South Warren plays, who wins? I know this is a thread for OC and MF but I'm just curious.
Time Will Tell Wrote:If Mayfield and South Warren plays, who wins? I know this is a thread for OC and MF but I'm just curious.

Don't know, but I would have thought South Warren would be favored, but both score predicting sites say Mayfield would be favored. OCATH close loss to SW was a good showing, but the Owensboro beat down was a poor effort, you tell me which is the real Ocath.
I think the Owensboro score was very deceiving. They lost their QB that game. Just couldn’t get back on track the rest of game. Also, Catholic has 18 penalties and Owensboro has 2. Very bad officiating. It didn’t help Owensboro. It gave them false hope to be honest cause they didn’t win another game til October
I just don't see the OC team having what it takes to make this close. I will know later today when I get a chance to watch film.
Here's my take. If they can hang around for 3qtrs like they have in the past I think you have to watch out. If O'Cath has to come from behind then they have NO chance.
Here's my take the cardinal young men remember how they got short changed from the title last year because of this game so they will make a statement the entire game for the young man that got ejected so I'm looking at mayfield to win big
If they have the same crew from last year OC/Mayfield kids better not taunt and make throat slash signs. Hell in 2015 in the Murray game before the Mayfield game. OCs TE spiked the and got ejected.
Mayfield folks always think they will win and if they ever lose, well you know the drill.
blue55 Wrote:Mayfield folks always think they will win and if they ever lose, well you know the drill.

Well, not many know the drill. Since the Cards have only lost 9 games since the start of the 2009 season.
Here's another head scratcher for this team. They beat Daviess County in the first game of the season. Daviess beats McCracken pretty good.
Mayfield 6-1 vs top 7000
OC 1-4
blue55 Wrote:Mayfield folks always think they will win and if they ever lose, well you know the drill.
Not sure about the drill either but, do know we got a screwing in the OC game last year that I feel played a big impact on the CAL game which we legitimately
lost no complaints from me except we were missing a good linebacker for no reason.
a good linebacker how bout a first team all state linebacker.They dont run that way or have time to pass if he plays that ejection cost us that game dont care what anyone says.
Mayfield is going to win the title this year, doubt the Cards will even notice OC as a bump in the road.
Mayfield- 41
OCath- 17
I think Hurt and company will be playing with a chip on their shoulder... I expect this game to get ugly fast

Mayfield: 56
OCATH: 14 (7 on the JV)
I watched the Murray game and Mayfield gave up 2 TD's against Murray while having starters in the first half. This raises my eyebrow about Mayfield. OC has those eyebrow games like beating Daviess Co and small loss to South Warren. The big eyebrow beater was the loss to Owensboro by 34 pts. THis game is interesting. If you think it's a butt whoopin your insane. If Mayfield or OC wins NOBODY will win over 21 pts.
Time Will Tell Wrote:I watched the Murray game and Mayfield gave up 2 TD's against Murray while having starters in the first half. This raises my eyebrow about Mayfield. OC has those eyebrow games like beating Daviess Co and small loss to South Warren. The big eyebrow beater was the loss to Owensboro by 34 pts. THis game is interesting. If you think it's a butt whoopin your insane. If Mayfield or OC wins NOBODY will win over 21 pts.

Having played for Mayfield, and winning 3 championships... I can say that there is some weird switch that happens when the calendar changes from October to November... You can look at all the regular season games you want, but in the playoffs, coach Dew and the (starting) defense seem to become impenetrable.(in 2014, gave up a lot of points in the regular season, not a touchdown in the playoffs)...I don't see OCATH doing much with this Defense... especially the front seven... and the offense is hitting it's stride. So unless OCATH can muster up 40 points or more, they don't come close.

So to back up my prediction, OCATH MIGHT be able to bust open a big play to get 7 on the starters, and Mayfield is clicking on offense...

IF I'm wrong, then hopefully everyone who goes to the game will not waste their money and be in for a treat... but I still think the real playoffs for Mayfield don't start until next week.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5