Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owensboro Catholic @Mayfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Time Will Tell Wrote:Catholic got beat by FC in 2009 just like Mayfield. If I recall Mayfield got a running clock put on them that year? That was the last time OC lost to FC

Mayfield didn't play FC in 2009... and the running clock happened in the State Championship.
CS17 Wrote:Mayfield didn't play FC in 2009... and the running clock happened in the State Championship.

Stand corrected. Mayfield played FC in 2008. Lost 50-7. Regardless they lost badly. I give you a big reason. Antonio Andrews.
Guys, Mayfield and Caldwell games need to be thrown out the door as far as comparing that game for any other team to prepare for either team. I see other posters always making some kind of comparison, this game is never good for that. Caldwell County is a better team than what they showed against Mayfield, history shows that. When Crittenden played Mayfield for several years the score was always respectable, while Caldwell always beat Crittenden worse than Mayfield did most of the time. Different teams play other teams better than others, I don't know why but they do. Catholic and Mayfield should be a good game, but I wouldn't want to be Catholic going to Mayfield, even when they don't play well they win, they don't have the Caldwell county mystery going when they play anybody.
Kracken Wrote:55, good news. You will be happy with the uniforms tomorrow night.

I hope that means they are gonna be back in black. We started using black in the 2011 playoffs and since that time we still haven't lost a game in them.
Time Will Tell Wrote:Actually Mayfield wanted to play in monsoon. Catholic coach wanted to move it earlier in the week. Make sure you get story straight bruh!

Whoever wins Region 1 I will be pulling for, but reality is the Region 1 champion will not make it to Lexington

And I'm sure you know this for sure. I'm sure Mayfield would have played it on a Saturday. As to your thought on Region 1, that just goes to show why OC can't get over the hump. A big portion of football is mental.
Time Will Tell Wrote:Stand corrected. Mayfield played FC in 2008. Lost 50-7. Regardless they lost badly. I give you a big reason. Antonio Andrews.

I thought there was a rule the 2008 Mayfield team was never to be mentioned again on a Mayfield thread. Ban this guy immediately.
mysonis55 Wrote:They claimed in their podcast that they had seen us play. They are basing their opinions off their last few games. They say the Aces are playing at the level they were expecting them to be at this year. They pointed to their dominance of Murray and to how close of a game McCracken gave us after seeing McCracken get "pummeled" by Davies. 2 td pummeling by a team they beat once this year.

I'm glad they say they are playing at the level now that they where expecting to this year. Makes this game more appealing to me. Some expected OCath would be the team to beat in this region this year, so if they are that team now at this point bring it.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I thought there was a rule the 2008 Mayfield team was never to be mentioned again on a Mayfield thread. Ban this guy immediately.

2008 was a tough year to play FC. Antonio Andrews was a beast. There is a reason he is playing in the NFL.

Look fellas this game will be close, as always, going into the 4th. I remember last two years EVERYBODY said Mayfield is going to blow OC out. Mayfield will score 2-3 TD's in the 4th to win late.

Regardless, neither one of these teams will make the finals. Thanksgiving weekend will be their last.
mysonis55 Wrote:Excuse me for trying to help out. Take your rear back to Marshall Co if you think I'm gonna stop putting my two cents worth in on my team. I can't quiet see how that should have offended you.

I was starting to think me, and you was pretty good buddies then you kick me out of town again.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope that means they are gonna be back in black. We started using black in the 2011 playoffs and since that time we still haven't lost a game in them.

Correct. Black on black.
the difference between the players that come through Mayfield, and other schools... is that Mayfield expects not only to make it to the title game, but expects to dominate every team all the way to the last second of the last game. The mental part 55 talks about is a real thing. I can remember going into every single game (60 of them) expecting to put a running clock on the team, as long as we played to our potential. As a defensive player who never saw the field during an offensive possession... I rarely payed much attention to the O, because I had the mentality that Jake and company were going to score on every possession.... the mindset going into the game is just as important as the practices during the week. Hell, coach Joe could have said that there was a change in the schedule and we had to play Trinity, and I'm sure that all of us would have been foaming at the mouth to get a shot at the big dogs.
Time Will Tell Wrote:2008 was a tough year to play FC. Antonio Andrews was a beast. There is a reason he is playing in the NFL.

Look fellas this game will be close, as always, going into the 4th. I remember last two years EVERYBODY said Mayfield is going to blow OC out. Mayfield will score 2-3 TD's in the 4th to win late.

Regardless, neither one of these teams will make the finals. Thanksgiving weekend will be their last.

Based on what? CAL is a one trick pony and that vaunted DeSales defense hasn't seen an offense as good as Mayfield's. Don't believe the 'Louisville is better than everybody else' hype. I've seen them quit a bit and they are not unbeatable.
Black on Black, with that shiny RED helmet always looks good come November....

Time Will Tell... Im curious, you are saying Mayfield wins this week... so how bad do they get beat next week, and by who?
Time Will Tell Wrote:2008 was a tough year to play FC. Antonio Andrews was a beast. There is a reason he is playing in the NFL.

That was a tough year for Mayfield. That year they had the worst record since Kennedy was in office. That's not a joke either Mayfield barely finished above .500 in 2008, and without a couple easy early playoff games they wouldn't have made .500 that year. 1963 was the last time they finished under .500. Glad this years game should be a dandy. Not saying Mayfield for sure makes it to Championship, but it's ridiculous to guarantee they can't. I think you will be impressed after Friday.
Mayfield by as many as they want
I think Desales beats CAL and comes into either War Memorial or Steele Stadium and romp whoever wins between Mayfield/O'Cath.

Maybe I'm wrong, but TIME WILL TELL. I just don't see either teams D stopping Desales or CAL.

Again if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I will be glad to be wrong cause I want someone winning the championship from Region 1. Just don't see it happening this year.
CS17 Wrote:Nope... played on 2010-13 Mayfield teams... but I'm interested now to see how bad they would be....

10 through 13 were some darn good years with some darn good players. Thanks for carrying the baton.
Time Will Tell Wrote:Actually Mayfield wanted to play in monsoon. Catholic coach wanted to move it earlier in the week. Make sure you get story straight bruh!

Whoever wins Region 1 I will be pulling for, but reality is the Region 1 champion will not make it to Lexington

LOL can’t believe Danville has agreed to play the state final at War Memorial. I am one of the loudest most supportive Mayfield fans. I don’t know if they will win the state championship or not I think they have the possibility. I do know I am new to this site and you guys are crazy lol this one beat that one in 2008 huh lol love reading it though
Kracken Wrote:10 through 13 were some darn good years with some darn good players. Thanks for carrying the baton.

You're welcome! If I could do it all over again, i would only change one thing... the state championship in 2011! For the people who don't know:

2010: 15-0 (State Champs)
2011: 14-1 (State Runner-up)
2012: 14-1 (Lost opener... won State)
2013: 14-1 (lost last game of reg. season... won state)

And for the sake of keeping things fun, I could make an argument that the 2012 team was the best team in Mayfield history...:popcorn:

But to get back on topic.... Mayfield handles OCATH easily, then dukes it out with DeSales next week, then wins in an instant classic with Danville :1:
CS, what was it like playing with JJ. I still say he's the best hs player I have ever seen. To avoid getting the natives restless I have to caveat that statement with this, I'm new to this party and wasn't here for any of the Parrot or Bright years.
Kracken here's the deal Mayfield has a basic system from kindergarten to 12th grade that the coaching staff teaches, Heck, not only do they think they could play with Trinity. They think they could play with Alabama. They lose a game here and there, but McCracken County is the only team to beat them twice in the last 5 years. Either could have won couple of these.
I'm pulling for Mayfield to make it to the championship game and I'm pulling for Danville to make it as well. I have no dog in this fight, but I always enjoyed the games when these two use to play in the finals.
Kracken Wrote:Your secret is out and everyone knows MF is your second favorite team. There's no longer any reason for these silly covers trying to hide things.

I got your text. Yes, you can borrow my 'Joe knows football' t-shirt for the game Friday night. I am going to need it back though, so you can't keep it like you did with the Big Red Machine visor.

Keep the shirt. I need to borrow the coach.

true story.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Way to come in there with the same exact stat ive already posted eleventy billion times. 55 even says it like noone on here has seen me post it.

Why don’t you cry a little more. Congrats you looked up a stat! Good job.
First48 Wrote:Why don’t you cry a little more. Congrats you looked up a stat! Good job.

Thanks my pleasure.
Rip/Spin Wrote:I'm pulling for Mayfield to make it to the championship game and I'm pulling for Danville to make it as well. I have no dog in this fight, but I always enjoyed the games when these two use to play in the finals.

I remember in 92 when they killed Mayfield. Those fans don’t want to relieve those days
blue55 Wrote:Kracken here's the deal Mayfield has a basic system from kindergarten to 12th grade that the coaching staff teaches, Heck, not only do they think they could play with Trinity. They think they could play with Alabama. They lose a game here and there, but McCracken County is the only team to beat them twice in the last 5 years. Either could have won couple of these.

My apologies. I wasn't real clear. I'm well aware of the system as my son has played in it since the 3rd grade. I was just saying that when one of those greatest players debates pops up, folks bring up people from the 70s or 90s. I never saw any of those guys play as I moved to Mayfield around 2000, so that history is before my time.

As for Bama, hey, with a few turnovers you never know...
Time Will Tell Wrote:I remember in 92 when they killed Mayfield. Those fans don’t want to relieve those days

:truestory:
I love how posters are trying to bring up past Danville games. It don't mean crap. They won, that's over. These youngsters nowadays aren't even old enough to remember. They are old enough to barely recall or have heard about Mayfield beating Danville in Danville. This will not cause them to have fear or brain lock when or if we face the Ads. For, it is now the Ads chasing us. Last I checked the Cards have 12 state titles and the Ads have 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5