Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry (10/27)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Belfry (8-1) will host Johnson Central (8-1) in the Battle of Champions!

Last Game: Belfry defeated Pike Central 53-7
Johnson Central lost to Ashland 21-18

I have a feeling that this will be a Battle til the very end. Too early for me to make predictions just yet.
This is always the best game in the mountains on the last weekend of regular season. I see Belfry winning in a hard fought game 21 to 7. Hope for a injury free game for both teams and both bring

home a state championship.
Belfry by 3.
I look forward to this game every year.

I believe you will see a hard hitting, smash mouth type of game. Win or lose, both teams are going to know that they have played a game on Saturday morning.

JC is going to be hungry for a win and Belfry is very selfish with their's!

So here's to an injury free game.

I'll take Belfry by a score.
Two teams that will line it up and run it down your throat. I just don't think JC can stop Hunter, Wellman and Varney. Belfry is very talented at the skill positions. I predict a game that will be decided inside the 4th quarter.
I'll take the Pirates by 10.
Going with belfry at home TongueirateSho

Belfry 35
Johnson Central 14
JC wins by 2 tds......
This game just all depends on how the coaches decide to approach it. Throughout the years, either or both teams may decide to rest starters, due to the playoffs lurking around the corner. I feel like we never get a true gauge on who the better team is because of this reason. It's a shame this game can not be scheduled a couple weeks earlier in the year when both teams have all the bugs worked out and are clicking on all cylinders. Both programs have garnered the respect from the other and both programs have the ultimate goal of winning Championships. Who knows, Maybe Haywood and Matney flip a coin while having dinner somewhere and decide who is going to rest players.

Belfry 28
JC 14
Last week I would have put the house on belfry winning. Now I don’t know, I know JC just got beat by Ashland, but I think that just gets them more focused. I’m calling JC by 2 now.
Matney wants to beat Belfry plain and simple. Haywood wants his starters to get more snaps against stronger competition. There will be no resting players this week....I'm pretty sure of it. This will be a great game, I doubt either team cracks 40 points.
I've been waiting for this game all year. It would be a shame if players are held out on either side. Let the boys play. Good Luck to both teams. Be a good one if everyone participates.
Hound05 Wrote:Last week I would have put the house on belfry winning. Now I don’t know, I know JC just got beat by Ashland, but I think that just gets them more focused. I’m calling JC by 2 now.

Well, losing a game don't guarantee a win the next game. JC wants to beat Belfry and Belfry wants to beat JC. Both teams will play their best.
Cakewalk for Johnson Central.
smoke1015 Wrote:Cakewalk for Johnson Central.
Lol!
Jc 28-21
JCs QB while he never came out by the end of the game was limping pretty noticeably. Looked like a hamstring to me. Couple of other kids were nicked up also on both sidelines. I know Belfry and JC both are physical teams but that game last night was also.

You can do better than that come on Confusednicker:
Pirates by 14
Jc by 14

:popcorn:
Should be a great game!
Question for JC posters: Will Joe Jackson play this season? Thought he would have been 1st team all state player for the Eagles this season
I have heard that every year these two teams play about resting players. On a couple occasions I have seen them set a couple that were nicked up but usely the starters play the whole game for both teams because it’s an all out war.
doubledown Wrote:Question for JC posters: Will Joe Jackson play this season? Thought he would have been 1st team all state player for the Eagles this season

Don't anticipate that, the kid did blow his knee out & have surgery.
My favorite game of the season , Eagles win this one. But they better be ready for a war as it all ways has been
will this game be streamed by any broadcasters?
Belfry wins this one
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:This game just all depends on how the coaches decide to approach it. Throughout the years, either or both teams may decide to rest starters, due to the playoffs lurking around the corner. I feel like we never get a true gauge on who the better team is because of this reason. It's a shame this game can not be scheduled a couple weeks earlier in the year when both teams have all the bugs worked out and are clicking on all cylinders. Both programs have garnered the respect from the other and both programs have the ultimate goal of winning Championships. Who knows, Maybe Haywood and Matney flip a coin while having dinner somewhere and decide who is going to rest players.

Belfry 28
JC 14
I’ve never known either coach to truly rest starters...injuries yes, rest a healthy player no ... I can only speak for Belfry, but I know they never have and I’ve seen every snap in this 10 year series renewal.
Tica Wrote:will this game be streamed by any broadcasters?

Radio stream at WDHR.com.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6