Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry (10/27)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Yes Ashland leads us all time but that was then this is now they dropped us tell them to call Haywood up and put them back on there schedule they won’t do it

I'm all for it Ashland should play Belfry every year. They are usually some great games. Good Luck to both teams Friday and I think it will be a close game.
BelfryPride Wrote:I think the Midland series was great, but now the series is 2-1 Belfry all time and has became flat. I would love to see potential playoff opponents during the regular season but Haywood will not do that. Playing out of State Competition has been a trademark of Haywood since the mid-90's and it all started with Ironton (OH). Over the years since, the Pirates have played a few teams from the tri-state area: Warrensville Heights (OH), Cabell Midland (WV), Huntington (WV) and Christian Academy of Knoxville (TN).

Confusednicker: :biglmao: :please:
Belfry Pride, I think Huntington feels the same way about Belfry.
AngryMob Wrote:as i've said before, ashland plays two types of opoonents. those they have to and those they can beat. notice they "just so happened" to drop the series in 2007 and 2008 and again in 2013 til now... lol...and what do you know they didnt play us in 03 or 04 either.

i have 0 doubt in my mind if it wasnt a district game ashland would never.......ever.......ever schedule johnson central
Have no clue on scheduling! I did hear Ashland may have contacted Belfry about a home and home for the season after next when he Harlan County contract ends. We shall see
Westside Wrote:Belfry Pride, I think Huntington feels the same way about Belfry.

fwiw my feelings aboutthe cm game have nothing to do with the record or anything like that! i think theyre a good program!
Hurricane Storm Wrote:To be fair, Belfry struggled a bit during that 93-98 gap, going 4-7 in 93 and having years of 6-6, 8-5, and 9-4 during that time. With a couple of double-digit wins in there also. As noted, Belfry/JC/Ashland have an interesting triangle, but a year-in, year-out series with Ashland just hasn't happened.

I'm sure it's for a variety of reasons. Slots for out of district games are not always available (like Belfry adding Floyd Central and Sheldon Clark this year). And Ashland has other regional games they've traditionally played, like Ironton and some WV teams. Belfry on he other hand tend to look down state (or out of state) for games, most likely due to availability and wanting stronger out of "conference" opponents. Like Lexington teams, Southwestern, Newport area, Shelby County, Woodford County to name a few. Although it has been a while for some of those.
Very interesting triangle for sure.
T-CATS Wrote:Have no clue on scheduling! I did hear Ashland may have contacted Belfry about a home and home for the season after next when he Harlan County contract ends. We shall see

He wanted a home and home the last time and Coach Haywood told no which I don’t blame him if we’re good enough to go there and play they should come to us but We all know that Putnam is a thought place to play I believe that Alabama would be 14 points in the hole at the start of the game if they play Ashland at home but to be honest a home and home won’t happen our place is to nice and we need home games to do I’d say you’ll never see it again
As far as this game goes, it is two great teams going head to head for bragging rights in the mountains, although Corbin may end up having something to say about that. It would not surprise me to see either team win.
T-CATS Wrote:I'm all for it Ashland should play Belfry every year. They are usually some great games. Good Luck to both teams Friday and I think it will be a close game.

I’m going to say the JC and Ashland in the playoffs is going to be a dandy to
Westside Wrote:Confusednicker: :biglmao: :please:

Honestly, it's just my opinion....but ok.
Westside Wrote:Belfry Pride, I think Huntington feels the same way about Belfry.

They might...
FWIW, JC has beat Belfry & Ashland four times in the same season.

AngryMob Wrote:hope after next yr we never play midland again either

What’s wrong with CM? Why did you say they were classless? I have been to all
3 games and never seen anything but mutual respect.
In about 24 hours we will be watching the "Showdown in the Mountains"! Going for a 100 yard tunnel Pirate fans for parent night. Can't wait to watch my nephew Senior #3 Devin Varney in his final regular season game at the CAM as well as my son Sophomore #55 Ethan Wolford. So proud of these two fantastic football players and all of our Belfry Pirates! Go get this win!
bucslover68 Wrote:What’s wrong with CM? Why did you say they were classless? I have been to all

I hate to see this series come to an end myself. I hope we extend the series with Cabell Midland as well as Huntington. Playing these two fine teams will only make us better year in and year out. Both schools are only about an hour and a half away, maybe a little more. With the exception of Johnson Central, Belfry would have to travel almost twice that distance to play that caliber of teams in Kentucky. Don't take this as me downing other schools in our area because I'm not. I'm just saying that we need these type of games to make us strong come November. I really hope we continue to play these two teams.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I hate to see this series come to an end myself. I hope we extend the series with Cabell Midland as well as Huntington. Playing these two fine teams will only make us better year in and year out. Both schools are only about an hour and a half away, maybe a little more. With the exception of Johnson Central, Belfry would have to travel almost twice that distance to play that caliber of teams in Kentucky. Don't take this as me downing other schools in our area because I'm not. I'm just saying that we need these type of games to make us strong come November. I really hope we continue to play these two teams.

Yes I hope we keep playing these games hell I hope we pick up another one from WV
A really competitive game to end the regular season. Really just hoping for an injury free game as both teams are prepping for a long post season run.

For JC to bounce back and get the win they have to punch it in when they get to the red zone. In the matchup last year Jc moved the ball up and down the field but couldn't score once they got it inside the 20.

I really worry about the big play ability of Taveon Hunter. I see Belfry smashing the ball inside for the first 3 quarters and then tossing it outside to Hunter later in the game for some big plays.

Probably a homer pick here but
JC-26
Belfry-21
Can’t wait for this one. Sure to be a hard hitting game and with two of the best coaches in the state. Praying for an injury free game for both teams and also a very long playoff run. Let’s bring a couple more gold trophies back to East ky. Belfry 28-21. God bless.
bucslover68 Wrote:What’s wrong with CM? Why did you say they were classless? I have been to all

Their coach is complete idiot and lying piece of crap,
BGR member roll call for this game.... I'm sure if anybody wanted to meet up, we can make it happen.

I'm planning on making the trip.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Keep telling yourself that lol

Really? Let's see the kind of "next level" football knowledge it takes to know Belfry "lost a lot"..., what, 4 kids to D1? Ok, I'll concede, you guys didn't lose anything...Casey has a kid at UofL as well, and maybe it's the ability of these non traditional powerhouses to see, reality, but we lost a LOT when we lost that lone senior, let alone 4 D1 guys. It isn't saying we are bad this year, but we'd be better with the kid. Holy cow, but nah, I don't concede anything. You lost a lot, there is no insult there if a body can comprehend that. :flush:
AngryMob Wrote:u r only saying that because some fan made u mad calling ur team a ckewalk

Newsflash! But that isn't the only reason I said Belfry lost a lot. I didn't say, "Belfry sure sucks this year"...I'm saying they lost 3 or 4 D1 kids, and 2 kids that were going to START D1...This is not an insult to any team. It's certainly less of an insult than saying someone is a "cakewalk". And I'm under the understanding we aren't to insult each other here...
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:[quote=AngryMob]u r only saying that because some fan made u mad calling ur team a ckewalk[/QUOTE

To be honest when I said cake walk I wasn’t thinking about Casey Co. but I apologized but it is what it is I guess :beerwez::partyhard

No problem. If this is who I think it is, we've always been cool anyways. I wasn't insulting Belfry by saying they lost a lot. I was saying a fact, but you've STILL got a LOT. There was no insult there. Obviously I was being facetious in the first comment I made in this thread. Casey lost a lot last year as well, 4 kids playing next level ball, but we're still a pretty solid team. Belfry lost some great kids, and are still a very good team, maybe still the best team in 3A. But last year I thought they were a top 2 or 3 team in the state.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Yes I hope we keep playing these games hell I hope we pick up another one from WV

A game against Capitol would be my dream game! Love to see that happen within the next 2 years.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Cabell is the biggest high school in WV. There enrollment is 1,910 Trinity’s enrollment is 1,400 St.X enrollment is 1,347 so Cabell would be a really big 6A in Kentucky.

Isn’t trinity an male school?
Also I think the KHSAA classes in football from your male enrollment, if that’s the case, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, Trinity would have a male enrollment of 1,400.
RicFlair Wrote:Isn’t trinity an male school?
Also I think the KHSAA classes in football from your male enrollment, if that’s the case, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, Trinity would have a male enrollment of 1,400.

Yes Trinity’s male enrollment is 1,400 I would say Cabell male enrollment is probably around 900 to 1,000
eagles2011 Wrote:Their coach is complete idiot and lying piece of crap,

He screwed you guys on your scrimmage this year or tried to I mean
Ok guys we’re on the eve of the best high school football game in the Bluegrass I’m excited come on down and watch you a hell of a football game tonight
For the 34th time since 1971 Belfry will face the Golden Eagles of Johnson Central. Since 2007 Johnson Central has been one of Big Red's toughest opponents. That wasn't always the case however as very few of the first 23 meetings were that competitive.
Take a trip down memory lane with Belfryfootball.com and our Johnson Central history page, See every score, read articles from 1971-1998 and relive the games of yesterday, even watch the FULL 1980 game and highlights from 2008, 2015 and 2016.

http://belfrypirates.com/index.php/vs-op...en-eagles/
As many Belfry fans as we have on here.... Does anybody have a video of the 1976 game? I would love to see the infamous field goal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6