Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Belfry Central Corbin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Speculation: what if the KHSAA moved to the same system as the NCAA and Boyle v Corbin and Belfry v Central are playing in a KHSAA Final 4 at Kroger Field, for a state championship, who wins it all?

What if the KHSAA move to a scoring system then picked 4 teams from each class to compete for a state championship. It certainly would encourage good teams to play a strong schedule?
How ever they play it I like the Pirates chances better than the rest
Isn't that kinda what they do now Confusednicker:
Corbin vs belfry in finals. 60-40% belfry. Just going off past results haha
The way things are going, this will be the Class 3A "Final Four" but Lexington Catholic could take Boyle's spot. Boyle is good, but young.

I think Belfry and Central would have the best shot to win a higher percentage of this scenario based on experience alone having played in the finals pretty much the last 7 years with the exception of the two years that Central missed being in the State Finals.
Didn't Boyle just beat lexington Catholic to death?
Boyle is much better than Catholic
Yep, Boyle proved who was way better between those 2. Boyle is young, but I think they have a shot against anyone...This may sound weird, but I think they'd do better against Belfry than Corbin. I think Corbin's secondary matches up better. But I say this having not seen Belfry since they played Corbin last year. They may have a phenomenal secondary.
BelfryPride Wrote:The way things are going, this will be the Class 3A "Final Four" but Lexington Catholic could take Boyle's spot. Boyle is good, but young.

I think Belfry and Central would have the best shot to win a higher percentage of this scenario based on experience alone having played in the finals pretty much the last 7 years with the exception of the two years that Central missed being in the State Finals.
Lexington Catholic has no shot.
I'm hearing murmurs of E-Town being a sleeper in the west. They handled an undefeated Larue this past week fairly easy. Time will soon tell.
Best thing about high school football is your fate is not determined by polls or rankings like in college with 4 teams playing for the title. Everyone has a chance to prove it on the football field. My only beef with the cross bracketing is some teams get to play at home back to back years in the semi finals. while some teams has to play on the road for the regional championship in back to back years. In high school football home field does mean something and its not fair some teams get to stay at home while others don't in back to back years.
smoke1015 Wrote:Yep, Boyle proved who was way better between those 2. Boyle is young, but I think they have a shot against anyone...This may sound weird, but I think they'd do better against Belfry than Corbin. I think Corbin's secondary matches up better. But I say this having not seen Belfry since they played Corbin last year. They may have a phenomenal secondary.

I’ve watched Boyle on hudl and they can not stop Belfry on offense and on defense we’re going to get some stops I’ve kept a watch of all the top 3A teams but I pray for a match up with Boyle we never played it would be a great game two high powered programs that have never played each other
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I’ve watched Boyle on hudl and they can not stop Belfry on offense and on defense we’re going to get some stops I’ve kept a watch of all the top 3A teams but I pray for a match up with Boyle we never played it would be a great game two high powered programs that have never played each other

I'm curious as to what you saw on hudl to convince you of that? I'm not saying they can or can't. Just wondering what was on Hudl that you watched to let you determined that?
Boyle/Belfry would be an awesome final, but Central is still the hardest team to knock out of the finals, and Corbin in any one game will be tough at home or away....Etown has experience and a really good coach so don't sleep on them. I think 5 teams have a shot with. Lex Cath being another who could pull an upset in a one game situation where for instance weather might be a factor or whomever they played just had a bad off night.
Rebel55 Wrote:I'm curious as to what you saw on hudl to convince you of that? I'm not saying they can or can't. Just wondering what was on Hudl that you watched to let you determined that?

I watched a lot of film that’s my opinion I’m sure yours is different that’s why we play and hopefully we will get to play each other but until then it’s one week at a time
Belfry wins 5th straight class 3A championship hands down. They are clicking now. They can throw the ball this year also. They will give 4A #1 team Johnson Central their first loss of season in a couple of weeks also.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I watched a lot of film that’s my opinion I’m sure yours is different that’s why we play and hopefully we will get to play each other but until then it’s one week at a time

To be honest I have no opinion on what Boyle can or can not do against Belfry. I don't know anything about the 2017 Belfry team to say. I'd love to see Boyle play Belfry as that would mean we made it to Kroger field but first Boyle has a lot of other teams to worry about.
Rebel55 Wrote:To be honest I have no opinion on what Boyle can or can not do against Belfry. I don't know anything about the 2017 Belfry team to say. I'd love to see Boyle play Belfry as that would mean we made it to Kroger field but first Boyle has a lot of other teams to worry about.

I agree and we do to
It wouldn't surprise me to see any of these four win the State Championship.

Boyle is very good. In year's past their DLine and their Offensive Skill players weren't up to snuff to contend, this year the Rebels are excellent on the D-Line and loaded at the skill spots.

Central is the one I have the least confidence in of the four because I think they have some Offensive deficiencies, but with them getting Belfry in Louisville I think that helps negate some of that and I think their speed would be a problem for Corbin.

Going to be a fun playoffs.
Hound05 Wrote:Corbin vs belfry in finals. 60-40% belfry. Just going off past results haha

What if Corbin in Belfrys district or region. They wouldn't have to may trips to the semi's. 😏
Rip/Spin Wrote:I'm hearing murmurs of E-Town being a sleeper in the west. They handled an undefeated Larue this past week fairly easy. Time will soon tell.

Beating Larue is not cause for chest thumping. E"town will have to deal with Caldwell @ Caldwell unless something unusual takes place.
Who cares who wins. A football fans dream it would be. 4 quality programs.
footballfever Wrote:What if Corbin in Belfrys district or region. They wouldn't have to may trips to the semi's. 😏

That was in regards to those 4 teams without brackets. . Obviously I know we would meet belfry in the semi’s like we have the past years😏
3A is very top heavy this year, 5 or 6 great teams. I love the Belfry story, 4 straight Titles is truly amazing! The best run ever by a mountain football program. Phillip Haywood is not only then best coach ever in the mountains, IMO he is the classiest coach ever as well..... Go Belfry get that 5th ring in a row!!!
I'm gonna guess almost everyone on here cares who wins because they are all pulling for someone. You are correct though, a football fans dream.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I’ve watched Boyle on hudl and they can not stop Belfry on offense and on defense we’re going to get some stops I’ve kept a watch of all the top 3A teams but I pray for a match up with Boyle we never played it would be a great game two high powered programs that have never played each other
They don't need to play an actual game then. They can just play on Hudl then deliver the trophy to West Virginia.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Belfry wins 5th straight class 3A championship hands down. They are clicking now. They can throw the ball this year also. They will give 4A #1 team Johnson Central their first loss of season in a couple of weeks also.

Does throw mean shovel or screen?:biglmao:
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:3A is very top heavy this year, 5 or 6 great teams. I love the Belfry story, 4 straight Titles is truly amazing! The best run ever by a mountain football program. Phillip Haywood is not only then best coach ever in the mountains, IMO he is the classiest coach ever as well..... Go Belfry get that 5th ring in a row!!!

:dontthink
pjdoug Wrote:They don't need to play an actual game then. They can just play on Hudl then deliver the trophy to West Virginia.

We can always count on you to be your usual douche bag self but you keep it funny
Boyle County
Corbin
Central
Belfry
Pages: 1 2 3