Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Belfry Central Corbin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I will admit it for sure.

That was a beautifully executed game plan in the First Half.

It was designed to get a couple early stops before Belfry could adjust, to get Corbin in the lead, and to use Belfry's Offensive style and ball control against them by limiting possessions. Very well thought out.

If Haywood and his staff didn't make the perfect adjustments and Corbin doesn't fall part late it may have worked too.

Kind of like the villains on Scooby Doo, "Yeah we had a great gameplan... and we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Haywood and his fast RB"

Funny but true lol
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Belfry wins 5th straight class 3A championship hands down. They are clicking now. They can throw the ball this year also. They will give 4A #1 team Johnson Central their first loss of season in a couple of weeks also.

Belfry has 15 pass completions thru 8 games or 1.875 completions per game this season I wouldn't say that they have a passing game all of a sudden, if they're going to beat you it's going to be with what they do best running it down your throat.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Belfry has 15 pass completions thru 8 games or 1.875 completions per game this season I wouldn't say that they have a passing game all of a sudden, if they're going to beat you it's going to be with what they do best running it down your throat.

I think what he’s saying is we can run it down your throat and throw it when we want to that just throws a another wrinkle in
Just to be clear, my comments were directed at 99piratefan. I have high regard for the opinion of EKU and bucslover68. I just think it's ridiculous that 99 is accusing Corbin of stealing signals. You all are right though, the wheels fell off and that senior class for belfry completely took over. They could've won by more but Haywood showed his classiness by taking a knee inside Corbin's red zone. I have nothing but respect for belfry, I just feel like Corbin deserves the same from pond creek. I think this years chapter of this Corbin/Belfry series will be the best one to date. I don't think either team is a clear favorite, and I think it'll be war. Looking forward to it. Hope we both come into it healthy and pumped up. I personally couldn't think of anything sweeter than ending belfry's run on their home field. It'll be tough to do, but I believe in these hounds.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Just to be clear, my comments were directed at 99piratefan. I have high regard for the opinion of EKU and bucslover68. I just think it's ridiculous that 99 is accusing Corbin of stealing signals. You all are right though, the wheels fell off and that senior class for belfry completely took over. They could've won by more but Haywood showed his classiness by taking a knee inside Corbin's red zone. I have nothing but respect for belfry, I just feel like Corbin deserves the same from pond creek. I think this years chapter of this Corbin/Belfry series will be the best one to date. I don't think either team is a clear favorite, and I think it'll be war. Looking forward to it. Hope we both come into it healthy and pumped up. I personally couldn't think of anything sweeter than ending belfry's run on their home field. It'll be tough to do, but I believe in these hounds.

I’m not throwing off heck I’m sure there’s a lot of teams that do it it’s up to our coaches to make sure they do a good enough job that teams can’t get our signs I think you got a heck of a team i love Camron he played team Ky with my son and there good friends but I think your going to be surprised adout this years Belfry team
99piratefan Wrote:i think what he’s saying is we can run it down your throat and throw it when we want to that just throws a another wrinkle in

👌👍
There doesn't seem to be much Central talk on here. I miss reading the back and forth banter with CoachDad.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:There doesn't seem to be much Central talk on here. I miss reading the back and forth banter with CoachDad.

Last I saw his son is not only starting in the NFL.. he is playing extremely well
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Last I saw his son is not only starting in the NFL.. he is playing extremely well

I don’t watch the NFL but what team does he play for
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Once again just to be clear... IT WAS TWO PLAYS LOL

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5563016/583...01a429d826

Counter Option and Counter.

WHICH IS BOTH A FREAKING COUNTER! If I said the pass beat us, that would include every kind of pass. For the love of god. The COUNTER beat us!! I guess if you wanna get picky the counter to the left.
Hound05 Wrote:WHICH IS BOTH A FREAKING COUNTER! If I said the pass beat us, that would include every kind of pass. For the love of god. The COUNTER beat us!! I guess if you wanna get picky the counter to the left.
Easy killer LOL

You didn't say the run beat you.. you said "one play" beat you. One play didn't beat you, two plays did. That's all I am trying to convey. One is a misdirection run the other is an option. The motion may be counter but they are two totally different plays.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I don’t watch the NFL but what team does he play for

LA Rams
Call a spade a dang spade Corbin had a great plan until we huddled lol why didn't their game plan include the ability to run counters that's laughable
AngryMob Wrote:Call a spade a dang spade Corbin had a great plan until we huddled lol why didn't their game plan include the ability to run counters that's laughable

They will put that in the game plan this year lol
Hound05 Wrote:WHICH IS BOTH A FREAKING COUNTER! If I said the pass beat us, that would include every kind of pass. For the love of god. The COUNTER beat us!! I guess if you wanna get picky the counter to the left.

I think I saw a few strands of my hair in that video...But are those truly counter plays? Triple option, just a simple pitch?
smoke1015 Wrote:I think I saw a few strands of my hair in that video...But are those truly counter plays? Triple option, just a simple pitch?

The misdirection plays are a form of a counter...the pitch plays are the triple option.
bucslover68 Wrote:The misdirection plays are a form of a counter...the pitch plays are the triple option.

Yep, I only watched the first couple for long runs in the video, both were pitches from the triple option. Then I saw the misdirection in, I guess it was the 4th quarter.
Wonder how many front row seats highviz and bcpc got last yr discreetly to help craft that game plan
Pages: 1 2 3