Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 51 June Buchanan 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Congrats Hazard. Looks like the Stepps and Cox got shut down. How did Hicks do for Hazard?
winner_10 Wrote:Okay, lets talk about sportsmanship here. Maybe Stepp didn't do what he should, but no one can say that Hazard has sportsmanship either. Any player has some sportsmanship if they're winning. You can't say they had any when they lost in the WYMT tournament. And no JBS fan ever acts out the way Hazard rowdy's do. They were booing the cheerleaders and other fans. Real classy.
What did the Hazards players do in the WYMT???
This thread is not about the wymt.

stay on topic

last warning!!!!
Everyone please lets all stay on topic so we can enjoy the victory and still discuss the GAME.
Good Job Hazard, Way to stick it out.
Preston Campbell 3 for 3 from 3 pt land was big for Hazard
How many 3's did Hicks hit tonight??
LongJohns Wrote:How many 3's did Hicks hit tonight??
Well I didnt think he made all his points with 2's
Hicks showed tonight that being an excellent 3 point shooter is not his only forte. He can handle the ball, pass, hit his foul shots, and maybe more importantly he can play D. The entire Hazard team played an excellent game of team basketball.
Congrats to Hazard! Not surprised that you could win, just that you did! I would call this a mild upset though! Good luck in Richmond!

This game just proves the point - whether you are Hazard, JBS, Breathitt, SV, Paintsville, Belfry, or any other school - IF you DON"T show up to play, you lose!! If anything we do know for sure is that any team can win on any given night, especially when two good team meet up.
gamewatch Wrote:Hicks showed tonight that being an excellent 3 point shooter is not his only forte. He can handle the ball, pass, hit his foul shots, and maybe more importantly he can play D. The entire Hazard team played an excellent game of team basketball.
Correct
Benchwarmer Wrote:Where are you at 3points. As you would say "You got beat".
Not as many times as you have.
Benchwarmer Wrote:There is and will never be a good loss.
You should know, better than anyone
nah, it just called play defense on clark stepp!!! he will throw up wild shots, turnover the ball, and just not do anything, I think the rest of the team is about to get fed up with give the ball to him or his brother clint and let them shoot it! those 2 don't know how to pass except to each other!!
3 points Wrote:Not as many times as you have.
You havent played Breathitt yet or Pcc 3 times.
reaper Wrote:nah, it just called play defense on clark stepp!!! he will throw up wild shots, turnover the ball, and just not do anything, I think the rest of the team is about to get fed up with give the ball to him or his brother clint and let them shoot it! those 2 don't know how to pass except to each other!!
True, Cox is getting screwed by staying at JBS. He is much better player than what the Stepps will allow him to be.
OUCH! Sorry for to hear that for the kings of the world JBS. LOL! That's why they are played.
yeah cox isn't the only one. the conley boy who started last yr, gets to play about 5min a game after he started last yr. little brother clint stepp took his spot they say. collins should get 10-15 touches a game just for his size, but wait the stepps wouldn't get to shoot their arms off then!!
reaper Wrote:yeah cox isn't the only one. the conley boy who started last yr, gets to play about 5min a game after he started last yr. little brother clint stepp took his spot they say. collins should get 10-15 touches a game just for his size, but wait the stepps wouldn't get to shoot their arms off then!!
Very True
Congrats Hazard!!! you all deserved it and best of luck in Richmond!!!
good game hazard, hard fought, and i'm so glad to see that nobody is complaining about the refs, YAY! good luck in richmond
Larry Bird Wrote:good game hazard, hard fought, and i'm so glad to see that nobody is complaining about the refs, YAY! good luck in richmond

yeah the refs weren't bad at all. and also glad that no one is complaining.
Congrats Hazard
gamewatch Wrote:I am not referring to the fan or students when I speak of sportsmanship, I am referring to the players. I have seen Hazard lose this season in some tough games and I haven't seen one player turn his back, not in the wymt or the HIT. I have only seen them shake hands and learn from the mistakes in that game.

Well I guess you had blind moment when Stepp got an offensive foul and Hicks was screaming in his face while he was laying on the ground...
Congrats to the Bulldogs! It wasnt hard to see that they wanted it more than JBS. Better luck next time Crusaders!
blueyes Wrote:Well I guess you had blind moment when Stepp got an offensive foul and Hicks was screaming in his face while he was laying on the ground...

Let me say one thing here, J Hicks is one of the good guys in high school basketball. If he said something to Clark it was due to the heat of the moment as he seemed to be really pumped up for this game and there's nothing wrong with showing some emotions on the floor. I think Hicks proved tonight that he is the best all around player in the 14th. He is a true leader of his team and shut down the so called best player in the region. He looks forward to a challange and that's something Clark has yet to master and that is being a good leader and doing what ever it takes to win the big game.

Congrats to Hazard and good luck in Richmond.
I JUST WANTED TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS HAZARD BULLDOGS!

I DONT THINK ANY OF HAZARD'S FANS ARE RUBBING ANYONE'S FACE IN ANYTHING,THEY ARE JUST TIRED OF EVERYONE PUTTING THEM DOWN.AND IN THE END WE ARE JUST BETTER! AND I DIDN'T SEE ANYMORE TAUNTING OUT OF HICKS THAN I DID OUT OF ANYONE ELSE TONIGHT, OH I FORGOT THEY DIDN'T HAVE A REASON. HICKS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,AND GREAT JOB TO THE REST OF THE TEAM FOR STEPPING UP TONITE.GEE LOOK WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU PLAY AS A TEAM AND NOT FOR YOURSELF.COX IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET ON A GOOD TEAM COME TO HAZARD WHERE YOU WOULD BE APPRECIATED...

GOOD LUCK IN RICHMOND DAWGS!!!

:Cheerlead :1:
faninthestands Wrote:Let me say one thing here, J Hicks is one of the good guys in high school basketball. If he said something to Clark it was due to the heat of the moment as he seemed to be really pumped up for this game and there's nothing wrong with showing some emotions on the floor. I think Hicks proved tonight that he is the best all around player in the 14th. He is a true leader of his team and shut down the so called best player in the region. He looks forward to a challange and that's something Clark has yet to master and that is being a good leader and doing what ever it takes to win the big game.

Congrats to Hazard and good luck in Richmond.

I never said Hicks was a bad kid. He could be a perfect saint for all I know. But its crappy that people are talking about Stepp as if he killed someone, and all he did was not clap. He could have been just caught in the heat of the moment too. And I will give you that Hicks is an awsome player, he could beat Stepp on any given day, and twice on Sunday. But I wouldnt go as far as to say that he is the best. I would put him and Cox on the same level.
Don't even try to put Hicks on a level of poor sportsmanship that Clark Stepp shows. He has always played and done on the floor what was best for his team. He is a team player and he specifically asked to guard Stepp because he thought that was what was best for his team. Who put a hand in a players eye on the court? I think Stepp put his hand in Hicks'. Hicks didn't show bad sportsmanship, he outplayed Stepp and if he did yell, maybe he was telling Stepp to stop being such a baby.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6