Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia's future in the KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think someone should go ahead and address the future of Cordia high school competing against all other local schools in this area. Therefore I will do that now. The KHSAA cannot allow Cordia to bring in a roster full of players from all over the USA each year. This is not legal no matter how long they sit out. If Rhodes wants to do this he needs to start s prep school. Period! This has got to end so I will start that discussion now.
Cordia will be back next year and I'd say they won't lose many games.
Paparazzi Wrote:I think someone should go ahead and address the future of Cordia high school competing against all other local schools in this area. Therefore I will do that now. The KHSAA cannot allow Cordia to bring in a roster full of players from all over the USA each year. This is not legal no matter how long they sit out. If Rhodes wants to do this he needs to start s prep school. Period! This has got to end so I will start that discussion now.
People on here are going to get all over you for starting this thread. By starting this thread you open yourself up to a lot criticism by certain group of people on here.
I was told this will be Rhodes last year at Cordia that he was moving next year that his wife has got a really good job out of state.
for now on when a 14th region teams get player from other parts of the state or out of state. I will be the first to call KHSAA on them. it is not fair that they let one school do it and not the other schools.

I am not a Cordia fan. what fair for one school should be fair for all the other schools.
jacobcody2 Wrote:People on here are going to get all over you for starting this thread. By starting this thread you open yourself up to a lot criticism by certain group of people on here.

If you think I care about someone criticizing me think again. I wish these kids the best but they need to have a prep school team and I will support them to the end. I will not support any team that all the players are from different states. That is ludicrous.
I agree with you on some of your points but look at JBS. Are all their players from Kentucky? Just wondering.
Hehehe hold up on that car wash gentlemen!! Just how long does a kid have to be at a school before he is considered a "local" kid. Cordia only has one kid that has ever played one single game of varsity ball in his life Ian spurgen he transferred from silver grove. He was not recruited his mother just moved down here. Every kid from there team has never played one game of varsity ball or has never attended high school anywhere other than cordia! Besides if the kids on lotts creek would go to cordia they would not have to get these kids from "out of state" I can name you 4 kids that are good athletes that live in the cordia district now that wont go to cordia I guess because it's not good enough for them. Austin combs,Ryan smith, Dylan Morris and Ronnie Long. Even back in my day it was even worse Jeff smith,Paul Goodson, mike Morris,Gary Napier Glen Napier Robert Mullins and terry north brad barker, and rusty barker just off the top of my head. I am sure there are probably a couple more I am forgetting. Cordia used to be a school where kids from perry co, hazard, mc Napier and Dilce Combs would come when they could not play there. Now they are not good enough to go to cordia and I guess that rubs people the wrong way. O well cry me a river. JBS has just as many if not more than cordia has. Why not jump on them. Bo ho ho!
You will think Boo hoo hoo when your wearing your Perry Central shirt next year when Hot Rod has moved off. Just put on your PCC shirt Buford just like the rest of your crew has done.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:You will think Boo hoo hoo when your wearing your Perry Central shirt next year when Hot Rod has moved off. Just put on your PCC shirt Buford just like the rest of your crew has done.

Thank you Bulldog! Simple as that.
GO Cordia :Cheerlead and Go June Buchanan.:Cheerlead You guys are making all of Knott County proud or it should. :truestory:
Buford T Justice Wrote:Hehehe hold up on that car wash gentlemen!! Just how long does a kid have to be at a school before he is considered a "local" kid. Cordia only has one kid that has ever played one single game of varsity ball in his life Ian spurgen he transferred from silver grove. He was not recruited his mother just moved down here. Every kid from there team has never played one game of varsity ball or has never attended high school anywhere other than cordia! Besides if the kids on lotts creek would go to cordia they would not have to get these kids from "out of state" I can name you 4 kids that are good athletes that live in the cordia district now that wont go to cordia I guess because it's not good enough for them. Austin combs,Ryan smith, Dylan Morris and Ronnie Long. Even back in my day it was even worse Jeff smith,Paul Goodson, mike Morris,Gary Napier Glen Napier Robert Mullins and terry north brad barker, and rusty barker just off the top of my head. I am sure there are probably a couple more I am forgetting. Cordia used to be a school where kids from perry co, hazard, mc Napier and Dilce Combs would come when they could not play there. Now they are not good enough to go to cordia and I guess that rubs people the wrong way. O well cry me a river. JBS has just as many if not more than cordia has. Why not jump on them. Bo ho ho!

All your points are irrelevant to me. I never mentioned anyone being recruited or where they have played previously. I simply stated that if your whole team is from out of state they need to be a prep school. That's the bottom line. And the same goes for JBS. As far as the competition goes neither team can beat my Commodores so that's irrelevant also. Hell you just barely beat hazard with all the talent you got.
paparazzi since you are obviously a die-hard perry central fan, why don't you mention the tobler kid. I don't recall him being from around here.
I think you believe perry is just a little better than they really are. If you want to get down to it perry just barely got by hazard and buckhorn the last time they played. On another note who says Rod is going anywhere and even if he does cordia is still set up for the next 3 years anyway. All these kids have said they dont plan on leaving regardless. Keta(sophomore) Mercedo(sophomore) Henry(junior)Nelson(junior)McDonald(freshman) spurgen(sophomore) the next 2-3 years looks pretty good for cordia. Paparazzi you ole commodores and you good buddy Al will have a rough road to hoe. I guess you guys need to get you a new crop in to replace the gradguating class or you will be playing for second place next year.
If they sit a year they are eligible. Whether they are from Nigeria or across the county. The Paige kid is playing great for West Virginia.
E's Army Wrote:If they sit a year they are eligible. Whether they are from Nigeria or across the county. The Paige kid is playing great for West Virginia.

I agree 100%. Paige, Tobler, Johnson are all doing great. Just don't jump on Cordia when our teams are doing the same thing. Papparazzi throws stones when our houses are made of glass.
Anybody can get an occasional transfer; hell one every now and then is bound to happen. SO, to point at Player A and say "well he isn't from District X" is foolish. Cordia cheats. And they got caught. Kids from all over the world come there, and for what? The world class education? The cosmopolitan area? I doubt it. And, did it happen before Rhodes? I'll wait for the answer...
How did Paige end up at Perry Central? Was it for the world class education or the cosmopolitan area?
I'll wait for the answer.
Paparazzi Wrote:If you think I care about someone criticizing me think again. I wish these kids the best but they need to have a prep school team and I will support them to the end. I will not support any team that all the players are from different states. That is ludicrous.

Aren't you a Perry fan?
*E) Minimum Number of Contests
To be eligible to compete in the district, region or state tournament,
a member school team shall have competed in at least twelve
games during the regular season.

*2015-2016 KHSAA HANDBOOK

Parents, Teachers, Principal's and most of all Fans! Tell your coaches and athletic directors to NOT Schedule cordia!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:*E) Minimum Number of Contests
To be eligible to compete in the district, region or state tournament,
a member school team shall have competed in at least twelve
games during the regular season.

*2015-2016 KHSAA HANDBOOK

Parents, Teachers, Principal's and most of all Fans! Tell your coaches and athletic directors to NOT Schedule cordia!!!

LOL. You are either delusional or comical. I think both.
Cordia will have no trouble scheduling 12 games. Nearly every school in central Kentucky would love to play them. It prepares those schools for the tournaments. More schools around here may want to take that advice.
Easy Wind Wrote:Cordia will have no trouble scheduling 12 games. Nearly every school in central Kentucky would love to play them. It prepares those schools for the tournaments. More schools around here may want to take that advice.

"You are either delusional or comical. I think both."

HAHA, you know I'm right so you resort to calling me names!!!

Henry Clay beat cordia 33 points, I'd say if you ask Daniel Brown, playing cordia didn't help his team any!!!
Paparazzi Wrote:All your points are irrelevant to me. I never mentioned anyone being recruited or where they have played previously. I simply stated that if your whole team is from out of state they need to be a prep school. That's the bottom line. And the same goes for JBS. As far as the competition goes neither team can beat my Commodores so that's irrelevant also. Hell you just barely beat hazard with all the talent you got.

What about OBI. Confusednicker:
Easy Wind Wrote:I agree 100%. Paige, Tobler, Johnson are all doing great. Just don't jump on Cordia when our teams are doing the same thing. Papparazzi throws stones when our houses are made of glass.

We have had our share of transfers over the past few years. What I am referring to is the whole team. I hope every single one of these kids get a scholarship and have a successful career but you can't just allow a school to bring a whole team of basketball players in every year.and it is not fair to the local kids who may want to play for Cordia.
HeGotGame Wrote:Aren't you a Perry fan?

I am a Perry fan first and I am a fan of all these kids when they are not playing my team,including Cordia.
I think everyone needs to leave cordia alone, OBI has been getting players feom everywhere for the last 40 years, now red bird is doing it. You dont hear all the Clay county people crying over it. It gives these young men a chance to better themselves and thats all that matters
Pot calling the kettle black. Still waiting for an answer.
E's Army Wrote:Pot calling the kettle black. Still waiting for an answer.

He came to play basketball my friend that's not a mystery. Once again, every team has transfers just not a whole team. And I'm in no way against Cordia by no means. I actually like Rhodes even though I don't think he can coach a lick. You can't bring in a whole team. Understand!
Pages: 1 2 3