Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia's future in the KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lets be real here...as far as Cordia they have always struggled running offensive sets and sometimes accomplishing absolutely nothing on offense, the best offensive team the had was with CC at Point. But that being said there are other aspects about coaching that you look at, there are better coaches in this region but does that make Rhodes a bad coach?...Absolutely not!! Rhodes is a good coach and an even better person.

But I have also heard from reliable resources that Rhodes is very open about leaving after this year.

And to Dore...a 14th regional trophy is something to brag about. All A schools this trophy means something to them, if someone was to win the All A state tourney would that not mean anything either? NCC is one of the top teams anyone can play all season long. But I will agree with you to an extant, the WYMT tourney has much better teams and in turn is much more difficult to win then the 14th region All A. Have a lot of schools in the All A that are just not that good, but that does not mean the title means nothing.

Good luck Cordia! If it wasn't for my class schedule I would have watched you all win this morning, I might be able to make it to Friday's game I don't know yet. But if you make it to the Semi-finals I will drive from Lexington to watch no question. GO LIONS!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:The WYMT? Congrats!
Cordia is like a fat girl that loses a bunch of weight and constantly posts selfies online, causing others to roll their eyes at her new-found confidence because, unbeknownst to her, she she is still unattractive.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Lets be real here...as far as Cordia they have always struggled running offensive sets and sometimes accomplishing absolutely nothing on offense, the best offensive team the had was with CC at Point. But that being said there are other aspects about coaching that you look at, there are better coaches in this region but does that make Rhodes a bad coach?...Absolutely not!! Rhodes is a good coach and an even better person.

But I have also heard from reliable resources that Rhodes is very open about leaving after this year.

And to Dore...a 14th regional trophy is something to brag about. All A schools this trophy means something to them, if someone was to win the All A state tourney would that not mean anything either? NCC is one of the top teams anyone can play all season long. But I will agree with you to an extant, the WYMT tourney has much better teams and in turn is much more difficult to win then the 14th region All A. Have a lot of schools in the All A that are just not that good, but that does not mean the title means nothing.

Good luck Cordia! If it wasn't for my class schedule I would have watched you all win this morning, I might be able to make it to Friday's game I don't know yet. But if you make it to the Semi-finals I will drive from Lexington to watch no question. GO LIONS!

I just honestly feel like every mid season tourney is basicly meaningless. No games really matter till the first round of district.
I watched Cordia yesterday vs Glasgow in the All A in Frankfort. They have a very athletic and tall team but they won't beat any disciplined and fundamental teams they play because they're too haphazard with their offense and miss way too any gimmies. I quit counting yesterday on how many put backs and layups they missed. It was ridiculous. One time they had 5 shot attempts on a miss and 4 offensive rebound put backs.....AND THEY MISSED ALL 5! They beat Glasgow simply because they were better athletes, but a fundamentally sound team like Newport Catholic would give them fits.
I don' t think anyone needs to bash Cordia when every single person in this thread knows the 14th region is notorioius for recruiting players from out of the area. Cordia has some serious talent, people are just mad because they're afraid to get beat. If the lions serve their punishment, I think they should be able to compete in the post season... Been a while since anybody from the 14th has made some noise at Rupp anyway
If Cordia gets by NCC, they will win the All A. KHSAA will not like seeing them win a state championship the year they banned them from post season play.
The issue with what is at hand is totally being ignored. At the end of the day it is all about the kids. If a kid transferring from another area to play a sport or simply for education purposes is making that young persons life better and opening more doors for that person then I say, why not. We need to get back to when it was all about the Children and not about the adults who behave as a child.
justabitoutside Wrote:If Cordia gets by NCC, they will win the All A. KHSAA will not like seeing them win a state championship the year they banned them from post season play.

You are forgetting Owen and Murray on the other side of the bracket. Both could beat Cordia. You are getting ahead of yourself.
Paparazzi Wrote:I think someone should go ahead and address the future of Cordia high school competing against all other local schools in this area. Therefore I will do that now. The KHSAA cannot allow Cordia to bring in a roster full of players from all over the USA each year. This is not legal no matter how long they sit out. If Rhodes wants to do this he needs to start s prep school. Period! This has got to end so I will start that discussion now.
My question to you is what rule have they broke. From the looks of things KHSAA has ruled all the kids playing eligible. So I'm not so sure what your all bent out of shape over, Unless it is just plain ole JEALOUSY.
insideinfo Wrote:My question to you is what rule have they broke. From the looks of things KHSAA has ruled all the kids playing eligible. So I'm not so sure what your all bent out of shape over, Unless it is just plain ole JEALOUSY.

I have no reason to be jealous when Cordia couldn't beat my Commodores to start with. We would beat them by 10 or more. Listen, I want those kids to grow up and be successful. All I am saying is you can't recruit a whole team to play in state competition. Sure everyone may have a transfer but not the whole damn team. Are you blind.
Paparazzi Wrote:I have no reason to be jealous when Cordia couldn't beat my Commodores to start with. We would beat them by 10 or more. Listen, I want those kids to grow up and be successful. All I am saying is you can't recruit a whole team to play in state competition. Sure everyone may have a transfer but not the whole damn team. Are you blind.

You still haven't told what rules they are breaking.
It's funny how paparazzi has a problem with cordia's players, but he is fine with tobler, paige, Johnson, etc. coming in to play for his commodores. If that's not the definition of hypocritical, I don't know what is.
Agreed
Easy Wind Wrote:It's funny how paparazzi has a problem with cordia's players, but he is fine with tobler, paige, Johnson, etc. coming in to play for his commodores. If that's not the definition of hypocritical, I don't know what is.
There is a difference between a team having one or two recruits/non-homegrown players vs. an entire recruited from the League of Nations year-in and year-out.
dore20 Wrote:You are forgetting Owen and Murray on the other side of the bracket. Both could beat Cordia. You are getting ahead of yourself.

Looks like it all played out as predicted. KHSAA can't be happy about this.
FunFan Wrote:There is a difference between a team having one or two recruits/non-homegrown players vs. an entire recruited from the League of Nations year-in and year-out.

So what your telling me is, it is alright to recruit a couple players, just don't recruit the whole team.
The biggest difference between all the private schools in the state that recruit the big city schools kids vs. Cordia is the private schools don't have dorm rooms their players move in to from outside the area. Living on campus is a big difference although I think neither should be allowed.
Yes
I'm pretty sure that I stated I'd rather play with all local kids. I never said one time it was okay to bring in anyone. However, any school will have a transfer occasionally. I have stated many times that if Cordia wants to bring in a whole team and play a prep school schedule I will be their biggest fan. The rules that are being broken are quite simple. Rhodes outright recruits them which is illegal and their parents don't move here.
Paparazzi Wrote:I'm pretty sure that I stated I'd rather play with all local kids. I never said one time it was okay to bring in anyone. However, any school will have a transfer occasionally. I have stated many times that if Cordia wants to bring in a whole team and play a prep school schedule I will be their biggest fan. The rules that are being broken are quite simple. Rhodes outright recruits them which is illegal and their parents don't move here.

Your saying that Rhodes played kids that are ineligible and KhSAA was OK with this?
FunFan Wrote:Yes

So it's OK to cheat a little, just don't cheat a lot?
insideinfo Wrote:So it's OK to cheat a little, just don't cheat a lot?

Nope, just play the kids that actually go to school there for that reason. You just can't accept that all their players are from all over the country. Do you even acknowledge this. Let's hear you say it just one time. All of Cordias players are from other states. Come on!
Why doesn't Cordia invest so much in their women's basketball program? Are there no inner-city female youth who also need saving by Lotts Creek school?
Paparazzi Wrote:Nope, just play the kids that actually go to school there for that reason. You just can't accept that all their players are from all over the country. Do you even acknowledge this. Let's hear you say it just one time. All of Cordias players are from other states. Come on!

What does it matter where they are from, they are eligible by the rules that the KHSAA set. And to me that is all that matter.
i can't believe this thread is still up. Confusederiously:
Pages: 1 2 3